pinbak

AOS Approval i797 Welcome Letter

2 posts in this topic

hi

Just received the AOS Approval Letter yay!! Interview waiver k1 visa!! :)

However, I noticed a discrepancy. It has my maiden name and not the married name.

I filed all the paperwork in the married name and do not know why this notice came in the maiden name.

All other previous communication i797 and biometrics were received in the married name.

Is the AOS Approval i797 Welcome Letter supposed to be in the married name(how the paperwork was filed) or the maiden name(they just choose what they want to put)??

Thank You, I have searched a lot of websites including this one and just cannot find out the answer, I do have a call into USCIS to ask them how the green card will appear also.

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.