JohnD72

RFE for IMBRA

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello VJ Members

I have received a notice of an RFE from the K1 Visa application, USCIS asked for more information regarding the IMBRA consent form signed by my fiancee. They requested a copy of the IMBRA release consent form that would allow UADreams to provide my fiancee's contact information to me upon our meeting. The website is UADreams.com and they are working on supplying us with this form, but is there any additional information I should supply to the USCIS for such and RFE? My fiancee is from Ukraine. Has anyone else here received such a form from this website that would share what it contains?

I want to make sure we get approved by providing any evidence that others may have provided in the past to overcome this RFE. Thank you any insight or details you can provide, it is appreciated very much!

Thanks

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi!

We didn't get an RFE for IMBRA, but we kept in mind there was a chance of that, so we just went ahead and, filing our I-129F, wrote a letter, where we explained the things about the website we met and etc..

Will try to help you as much as I can, but first - let me ask you some questions:

1. What was your answer to the question 35 on the Form I-129F? Did you say "NO" or "YEAS" to the website being an IMB?

I took a look at the website you met, and nothing tells me they are an IMB.

On their "welcome page" in chapter "Why UaDreams" I see "We have been in business for more than 10 years (not bad!) and we have established a reputation of a reliable and first class dating agency".

Also, chapter "Agency" - "Our mission" - "Who are we?: a regular dating site?" - the website states "No!.. We have built up our reputation and now hold the position of the largest match-making operator in Ukraine.

Besides, I've read their Term & Conditions".. There is nothing there that would indicate the website as a IMB. But a lot "you may/you may not", like it's all up to you to release your information...

Also, you mentioned the website is working on supplying you with this consent form. Well, it is not something the website should be working right now... If such form exists and part of being a member, then you should've been provided with this form at the very beginning, BEFORE you started your communication with each other.. unless, of course, they really sent it in the right time, but the form just wasn't saved or got lost...

My second question is - Have you ever been provided with any consent form for the release of personal information?

So if your answer was "No" to the website being an IMB, and you or your Fiancee have never received any consent form, i would write the letter-explanation in support of your response to RFE.

- The Website is not located in the US - couldn't find the exact address, but according to Term &Cond. their services are located in Scotland and Gibraltar.
- The website is worldwide and men from other countries have the same opportunities as US men to meet women - I see via "testimonials" there are members from Egypt, Australia, EU, Chile, Canada, South Africa and other countries on the Website, so it doesn’t match U.S citizens/permanent residents with foreign nationals as their 'principal business'.
- And of course, if you have never been provided with any consent form for the release of personal information, you should state this in the Letter as well. That it was completely your decision to release your personal information and you have made all arrangements to meet yourselves and have never had any help from the website. ??? :)
Then I would print out and attach "supporting documents" as follows:
1. Welcome to the Website page which indicates it is dating agancy and "Agency - Who are we" part, which indicates the website as a match-making operator (highlight those)
2. Term of Use.
Hope, it will help a little..
Good LUCK!!!
Edited by Ksenia_O

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello

Thank you for your effort to help us and find out more information. Yes, we did answer yes to this question on the I-129 form. . At the bottom of the website it talks about following the IMBRA for US citizens and their members, and also the RFE from USCIS considered it a IMB.... Most likely because we answered yes to the question. I hired an attorney that specializes in this paperwork and she told me to do such, so that is why I answered yes. I did not really feel they are a marriage broker, but now it is what I have to answer since we answered yes anyway and have the documents.

I was supplied a four page US Questionnaire that I filled out, and sent before my meeting my fiancee. The website today emailed me the copy with my fiancee's signature and details on how she agreed to meet me and release her information to me on the last page of this form. So they did everything according to IMB regulations and even had her sign a consent and release form that my Fiancee signed agreeing to release her personal contact information after we met. I now have put together 8 documents to overcome the RFE.

Thanks again!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.