carlar6

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND GOOD DEPARTMENT STORES?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Heya,

I am pretty new to the site, so excuse any hiccups I make along the way.

I am moving to Atlanta in the next few weeks and would like some recommendations for department stores in the area. I am currently residing in the UK and must admit I love John Lewis' store, anyone know if they have anything similar?

Thanks in advance xx

Google tells me that John Lewis sells clothes, furniture, and computers, among other things. I don't know of a department store in the US that sells computers too. Some department stores are regional, while some are national, and the ones in Atlanta are probably going to be in their malls. So you can look up their malls and see what ones they have there.

What is considered "good" will vary wildly from person to person; I am sure people will recommend stores that I hate and vice versa. Some people want style, others wants deals, etc. My favorite department store is Nordstrom.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Heya,

I am pretty new to the site, so excuse any hiccups I make along the way.

I am moving to Atlanta in the next few weeks and would like some recommendations for department stores in the area. I am currently residing in the UK and must admit I love John Lewis' store, anyone know if they have anything similar?

Thanks in advance xx

The closest I have found = Macy's department stores.

Edited by Ringo

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks both for replying.

Not so much department store, but looking for high quality, fashionable, home decor and furniture. I will defo give them both a try and am grateful for your advice xx

For home decor and furniture, try West Elm, Crate&Barrel, Room and Board, and then there will be other local options.

Macy's has furniture but it'####### and miss for me (my parents got a horrible sofa there; I want them to throw it out so badly :))

Edit: LOL VJ filters out IT IS HIT AND MISS as a contraction. Ridiculous! Pathetic!

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.