TracyTN

New K1 subforums?

420 posts in this topic

Being a CSC filer and very envious of VSC filers. I have found this one of the most interesting threads on the board, and I wanted to share my opinion and help come to a solution. Knowing that we likely can't control the Service Centers and the processing times. I consider myself new to the VJ family and very new to the visa process. I have a love hate relationship (each day is different) with various threads and or post on the boards. Sometimes a simple idea can solve a complex problem. I hope not to get bashed for my suggestion regarding this issue.

But, as a suggestion would it be possible to trim VJers signature line to not include IMO all of the information that people obsesse over. Or maybe, including the how we met, officially began dating, leaving for two weeks with SO information. I think though kinda corny it personalizes our various, indivisual and unique situations and draws others to find apsects to identify with. However, our signature does not have to be a timeline; our signatures can list all the personal info and stop and only state the date of NOA1 date received.

The link to the timeline probally exists for the option of digging furthur, if one chooses to to dig into antheers journey ( with regards to specific dates of RFE's or various approvals. The timeline is where the specific dates should go.

IMO, the VJ experience becomes a race as you continually read, read, read and re-read the signature lines.

I am not sure if this is a useful and or practical solution for the VSC vs CSC situation.

You can turn 'off' signatures where you don't even see them (I do because otherwise I can easily get busted when surfing VJ at work :lol: ). Plus I knew if I saw VSC dates in signatures constantlyl during my NOA2 wait, I would have had to jump off the nearest cliff. :D Beyond that, I'm not sure how you could 'police' signatures, or if its even possible technically. I'm guilty of having my timeline in my sig - so I can only hold my hands up to that. Reading your post is making me rethink that. You're right - that is what timelines are for.

If you ever got bashed for making a suggestion, I for one would defend you. Your opinion is no less valued just because you are new.

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm with phila. I filed at VSC and was relatively new here when I filed and began posting. When it got to the point in a regular thread that I saw a lot of CSC filers getting upset and annoyed it bothered me that we seemed to be flaunting. That's why I created a different thread specifically for VSC and February.

I know you guys go crazy when we obsess about two weeks, but it's helpful to us to gauge what's happening overall. We can't do that with the general K1 population because of the process time differences so we can only do it with other VSC filers. For those of us that filed in February, that part of the process is over and now we have very different timeframes ahead as we deal with embassies. But it's still helpful for us to continuing to gauge each other's progress and ###### to each other about holdups.

I thought that in addition to gathering information, part of the purpose of VJ was to celebrate each other's progress and suffer through each other's disappointments. I'm sorry if that's not, but it has certainly been helpful to be able to come here and do both with people that are experiencing the same thing. I can speak in general terms about the process to people in my life, but they're not going to know why I'm stressed that my case hasn't been touched and I'm concerned that I may get an RFE because I might have left something out of the I-129 or the G-325A. Not to mention figuring out when I need to sign the DS230(Part I and Part II) and if I need the I-864 or just the I-134 and how long it will take to get the No-Impediment and don't forget to fill out the DS156, DS156K and DS157. And oh yeah, the DS156 can only be filled in online. I couldn't have done this with my hair intact without VJ.

Sorry, I rambled. Anyway. Maybe there should be a specific "Announcements" forum or something so that good news is not flaunted in the face of those that are still waiting. But I don't think anyone would go there and then there would be no supportive encouragement from fellow filers.

I don't know.

Personally, I was very glad to see the NOA2 waiting threads be 'split' out into CSC and VSC - so if that was your idea, KUDOS. Its much easier to avoid the grief if you don't have to read it while trying to comiserate with CSCers on the long wait.

VSCers have every right in the world to want to compare their experiences with other VSCers. VJ IS a place where we gather information and suffer with and help each other - you're exactly right. I really don't think CSCers want to begrudge you that - and if they do, well, that's just stupid.

In the cold light of day, thinking about this again - maybe the 'split' threads by service center is the best way to go (and the most feasible).

I still do think its a shame, though, that VJ has become so timeline driven in the sense that we use them for more than raw data.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
very true. But try to tell me a time when trying to be with your foreign honey wasn't a race....

Laura does make a salient point - those in FBI namecheck hell probably don't feel any differently (as they watch people get approved past them left, right and center) than us CSCers do compared to VSCers. I can imagine that its nearly the same emotion (with the possible exception that at least you ride that out with your sweetie at your side). I guess it IS all relative.

I can address those emotions, as I was a Vermont filer and my husband is stuck in namecheck.

As a Vermont filer, I tried to be extra sensitive to those around me. I did celebrate our approval - yes I felt I wanted to share our news with everybody. But I never flaunted it nor did I act as if I expected it. In Fact, one reason I became so active in this community was Vermont - I felt actually GUILTY about the fast approval. I wanted to help the others who were waiting (when we filed, Nebraska was the slow center - 4 to 6 month approvals were normal).

I'm sorry to say this, but to this day I get quite upset when I read Vermont posters complaining after two weeks. Frankly I think it's rude to the 75% of this board NOT filing through that center. I also think that just because something is NORMAL, whether it be Vermont, Cali, Texas or Nebraska, it might not be normal for your case. Researching timelines is allright I guess - but EXPECTING something because of them? C'mon people. That's not even real lilfe.

So now that our AOS is hung up - do I feel the same way about CSC'ers as some K1 petitioners feel about VSC'ers?

Nope. It isn't their 'fault' they got a fast ticket and I didn't.

What I do dislike - in fact what sends me over into screaming rages - are three things:

Number One - The false information being bandied about regarding the transfers. Posters state their case was 'straightforward' and therefore was worthy of a transfer. Or that because they sent evidence of the bonafides the case was transferred. Or because the package was neat. It's all bollocks - transfers are luck of the draw and nothing more.

Number Two - The fact that status adjusters are now getting 'spooked' if they aren't transferred. They think something is wrong with their case. I think this is caused by the people in Reason Number One.

Number Three - The same thing that annoys me about some Vermont filers. If the greencard doesn't come in 60 days or less, they are complaining. Just like some Vermonter's get on edge if they don't have NOA2 in two weeks.

My point? Without knowledge, the process unravels. Knowledge should create hope and support for those in this process - not unrealistic expectations or competitiveness. The more 'selfishness' there is in the community, the less we all benefit. I realize we are all MOST concerned with our own case - but do you have concern or sympathy at all for the cases of others? I do. A lot.

Frankly I'd love to see these boards moderated - HEAVILY. I think that's the ONLY way we are going to have any cohesion or useful purpose. Experienced hands need to be on board to stop hysteria - whether it be timeline hysteria, 'new process' hysteria, or 'new law' hysteria.

My two cents.

Your first post today, Laura, is the best post I've read in a while (regardless of subject matter).

I dunno why they couldn't be moved there, but I'd be willing to help with moving them if it was decided that was the right course of action.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

VSCers aren't the only ones who have a leg up. It happens all throughout the journey and I agree that there's no need to create more division.

Right. Some consulates are much faster than others. I've seen VSCers get their NOA2 months before me only to have them stall at the consulate level and I then zoomed passed them.

Let's not forget being here last summer when all the Imbra filers (March April ans May filers who waited and waited while those of us with the new form moved right along.

I think its Tracy's OP intention is good. They had a longer than normal wait for the NOA2 and when any one passes that 90 day mark and there is stillno movement on the case, it gets extreemly disheartening to stay on VJ. It's so easy to loose focus and the days drag by. In the final days waiting for my NOA2 I just had to walk away from VJ for my own sanity.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Your first post today, Laura, is the best post I've read in a while (regardless of subject matter).

I dunno why they couldn't be moved there, but I'd be willing to help with moving them if it was decided that was the right course of action.

well it makes logical sense to me (remember when regional threads were up in K1?). I also remember a time when the USCIS Svc Ctr forum was split due to the difference in timelines, once lumped together it seems people migrated elsewhere.

at any rate, while i do think this could make sense for this forum, it probably wouldn't for others, so those prone to envy aren't going to get relief in the future!

.......those prone to envy aren't going to get relief in the future!

And therein lies the rub.

We all have days we need to step away from this community. I believe it's healthy to realize when that is necessary.

*sigh*

I read one time that one of the causes of stress in American life is information overload. 24 hour news channels, radios, cell phones. I actually believe it to be true. Maybe some of the information on VJ is not healthy? Maybe some of the stats - information - is counter productive? I think so.

I DO think this hyper awareness of timelines and dates and who got what when IS counterproductive. I think it is not being used in the way it was originally intended, which is to give VJ members a BALLPARK timeline more true to life than the service center's bulls*** '6 month' estimate.

But as I have learned - to live by that sword is to die by that sword.

SA4userbar.jpg

I DO think this hyper awareness of timelines and dates and who got what when IS counterproductive. I think it is not being used in the way it was originally intended, which is to give VJ members a BALLPARK timeline more true to life than the service center's bulls*** '6 month' estimate.

But as I have learned - to live by that sword is to die by that sword.

It's hard not to live by it when it's your own case.

Well it's 12 noon eastern time on Tuesday March 27.

Just thought I would point out that in the K1 forum, of the 13 threads showing on the first page, FIVE are 'monthly filer' related and one is wondering whether Government offices are open on weekends.

And we wonder why people get depressed?

Filed: Timeline
Number One - The false information being bandied about regarding the transfers. Posters state their case was 'straightforward' and therefore was worthy of a transfer. Or that because they sent evidence of the bonafides the case was transferred. Or because the package was neat. It's all bollocks - transfers are luck of the draw and nothing more.

I disagree. There must be some reason cases get transferred-be it a backlog at the local office or what.

Number Two - The fact that status adjusters are now getting 'spooked' if they aren't transferred. They think something is wrong with their case. I think this is caused by the people in Reason Number One.

Not true again. Sorry RJ, I don't see it. I don't think people assume they will get transferred. Perhaps they hope but that is completely different!

Number Three - The same thing that annoys me about some Vermont filers. If the greencard doesn't come in 60 days or less, they are complaining. Just like some Vermonter's get on edge if they don't have NOA2 in two weeks.

Frankly I'd love to see these boards moderated - HEAVILY. I think that's the ONLY way we are going to have any cohesion or useful purpose. Experienced hands need to be on board to stop hysteria - whether it be timeline hysteria, 'new process' hysteria, or 'new law' hysteria.

I disagree again. Hoping yes, but I see more people who are just happy to get transferred or receive a touch, etc. It IS a different animal once your honey is here & I like to think the AOS board is calmer & more educated about the process.

What has happened to the moderation? Seems to have gone away for sure.

Filed: Timeline

Andy,

Agreed - if another forum is called for it should be an all-purpose 'I Got It - Congratulations' forum.

Alternatively, implement a filter that will automatically direct all posts containing those key words to the trash.

Yodrak

I certainly don't think that there should be any sub-forums off K-1 that are service center related, simply because aside from the timescales, there are no location-related differences in the process or requirements, thus creating such would largely encourage posts of interest to everyone to be hidden one level further down where they would be very easy to miss entirely.

If there were to be such a sub-forum, it might better be one for 'Whoopee!! Got my NOA2!!' where such posts can be made, or moved!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I disagree. There must be some reason cases get transferred-be it a backlog at the local office or what.....

There are very good reasons - at least, pertinent and telling, not necessarily positive, reasons - that cases get transfered, and indeed for all other aspects of the way cases are processed and by what mechanisms things are done. In the absence of detailed knowledge people tend to make assumptions, and those assumptions, if sufficiently plausible, when repeated often enough take on the appearance of fact when in reality they may be well and truly off the mark, but in the absence of knowledgeable correction, they gain currency in their own right however wrong they are.

It also has to be said that even were a knowledgeable person to post information to correct such an established misconception, in the current climate it would likely lead to a heated discussion with plenty of posters presuming an error in the contradiction of known 'fact'!

As with many of the issues relating to how VJ functions and where it doesn't do so well, human nature is the biggest hurdle - and that's not readily fixable!

......Alternatively.....

That's my preferred option I think!

By the way, good to 'see' you again!