marie007

Marriage K3

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there all.

In our daily newspaper there was this story of a married couple.Hes from Canada, shes a US citizen.They married, and he remain there with her.He works a full time job.Now he has been refuse permanent status in the US because, of a two crimes conviction, but he has been there since 2002.

My point is this, can I as a Canadian go to the US marry my fiancee, and file status of adjusment, while waitting, can I work with a work permit.I have never broken any laws of any kind, have all vaccinations, as I work in health care.Is it legal to cross the border and marry, and stay, but follow the immigration laws.We are so in love, my fiancee and I, its not about green card.I have a full time job here and willing to give up everything to be with my fiancee.In fact, I am the one who would be losing much.I have family, and great friends.Never would I thought to fall in love with someone who lives so far.We have been together a year now. We have met in person, last july 2006, and I am going to visit again for 22 days this June.We have proof of relationship, photos, bus tickets,letters and receipt of engagement ring. We are not young, and time is passing too quickly.He is divorce and has papers to proof it.I have never married.Am I to prove this?I .now have my passport, since October 2006, did not have it when I visited my fiancee last July 2006, because it was not needed. The border quards kept asking me question, about my visit, it was really unnerving, finally they let me enter.Whew!!! My fiancee works full time, and makes about $23000 a year, althought he made less in the year of 2005. We are both healthy.What problems would we be looking at?Could anyone answer all these question ,please and thanks in advance.

Marie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Well, since you've already established intent to marry, you really need to either get married and return to Canada and file the K3 visa, or file the K1 before you marry. Just going in and marrying and staying is fraud UNLESS there was no intent upon entry in the US.

Once admitted to the US, you file for adjustment of status - three to four months, if filed for, you'll receive your EAD (employment authorization) which allows you to work. Technically I know that K1s can work, not sure about K3s, but you only get physical proof of that if you go through JFK, and even then it's only temporary.

Edit: WHOA you've filed for K1 already? (Didn't see that before.) Then you definitely should not go visit and just get married and stay. The only successful stories I've heard of this are people who filed for K1 or K3 when they were already in the states then were advised to withdraw and just file for adjustment. If you visit and marry and stay, it's a giant red flag that will probably result in denial.

Hey there all.

In our daily newspaper there was this story of a married couple.Hes from Canada, shes a US citizen.They married, and he remain there with her.He works a full time job.Now he has been refuse permanent status in the US because, of a two crimes conviction, but he has been there since 2002.

My point is this, can I as a Canadian go to the US marry my fiancee, and file status of adjusment, while waitting, can I work with a work permit.I have never broken any laws of any kind, have all vaccinations, as I work in health care.Is it legal to cross the border and marry, and stay, but follow the immigration laws.We are so in love, my fiancee and I, its not about green card.I have a full time job here and willing to give up everything to be with my fiancee.In fact, I am the one who would be losing much.I have family, and great friends.Never would I thought to fall in love with someone who lives so far.We have been together a year now. We have met in person, last july 2006, and I am going to visit again for 22 days this June.We have proof of relationship, photos, bus tickets,letters and receipt of engagement ring. We are not young, and time is passing too quickly.He is divorce and has papers to proof it.I have never married.Am I to prove this?I .now have my passport, since October 2006, did not have it when I visited my fiancee last July 2006, because it was not needed. The border quards kept asking me question, about my visit, it was really unnerving, finally they let me enter.Whew!!! My fiancee works full time, and makes about $23000 a year, althought he made less in the year of 2005. We are both healthy.What problems would we be looking at?Could anyone answer all these question ,please and thanks in advance.

Marie

Edited by meow mix

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.