oussnane123

221g Morocco- what now? (split)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am a frome morocco and my wife applied CR1 visa . my interview was good and i answer all the question at casablanca embassy. but The consulate gave me wieth papper 221g how many days i need and why they gived me this ? please can someone help me ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What did the G221 say on it? Where there boxes checked? Did the consulate officer that did your interview say anything at the end about when they would call you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's very common to get the "dreaded" 221g form but it's not the end of the world. My husband thought it was when he got one too. It's just that your case needs more time to process, administrative processing or AP. If they didn't put on the paper specifically the reason why it's probably AP. Sometimes you may be missing infomation and they will include that in the notes at the bottom of the page. My brother in law just had his diverity visa interview a week ago and also got a 221g form. His clearly stated that they were waiting on something for his daughters medical exam. It happened to get to the consulate 3 days after the interview and now he has to wait a few weeks.

My husband was in AP for a considerable amount of time, over 5 months. Not everyone has to wait that long. Some only have to wait a few weeks, others have to wait longer. I hope you don't have to wait long, good luck :)

Timeline

Refusal under Section 221(g) means that essential information is missing from an application or that an application has been placed on administrative hold. The consular officer who interviews you will tell you at the end of your interview if action on your case is being refused under 221(g) pending further information. The officer will either tell you that the case has to undergo administrative processing, or will ask you to submit additional information.

If further information is required, the officer will tell you how to submit that information. As part of this process, you will be given a written letter and will have 12 months from the date of your application to submit the requested documents without having to pay a new visa application fee. After one year, an application refused under Section 221(g) is terminated per Section 203(e).

they usually allow 30 days to get the missing information to the embassy and if not received, send it back to the USCIS office handline your case

Timeline

i am at the same situation. My husband interview was August 16, the co give him passport back and white paper 221(g), with no aditional documets required,and tell what they need more time for the case. I do not know what is mean, i hope they dont send our case back. Can anyone can help,???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i am at the same situation. My husband interview was August 16, the co give him passport back and white paper 221(g), with no aditional documets required,and tell what they need more time for the case. I do not know what is mean, i hope they dont send our case back. Can anyone can help,???

If you have no additional documents required then you are in AP. It now becomes a waiting game. But don't despair, most AP are not that long it seems. Some are only a few days while others are several months. Good luck, I hope you hear something soon.

Timeline

Thank you. But what they will do next , ? We can get the visa, or they will send case back ?

All you can do is wait to see what happens. It looks like your spouse is getting a security check. It can take a few months for them to complete it. They can choose to issue the visa or they can choose to refuse. It depends on the results of the security check, but they will tell you what they decide when they decide, so just wait to hear from them.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Timeline
On 8/26/2016 at 4:36 PM, oussnane123 said:

I am a frome morocco and my wife applied CR1 visa . my interview was good and i answer all the question at casablanca embassy. but The consulate gave me wieth papper 221g how many days i need and why they gived me this ? please can someone help me ?

Did u get ur visa???

Timeline
On 6/29/2017 at 12:03 PM, danchykkk said:

No, the case on the review with USCIS.

Oh my godness sorry to hear that

but why they return ur case to uscis?? Different age? Are u both Moroccans?

Timeline

Yes it was returned to the USCIS. I am not heard about them nothing from that time. I made so many inquiries, and my congressman, and senator , and ombudsman but nothing. Why  did you decide that we have different ages???? My husband is older for me for 1 year. And no I am not morrocan . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.