7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Anybody here who is/are taking or took the nclex-rn under k1 fiance visa? I have some questions...

I took nclex and I was on a K1 when I got to the US. I didn't use the K1 to take NCLEX though coz the processes are different. What was your question?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I processed my nclex exam in the Philippines payment for exam nalang before i left going to u.s then after wedding i emailed bon texas for name and address change ksi nga kasal na. Then they said they cannot process my request because where i live in now is a compact state and texas is a compact state also... so, that means i need to have valid id's to present that i reside in texas. Then i found out they removed my name from the list in their website ?? do u have the same situation? Does this mean i have to repeat the entire process for my new state now? Which require CGFNS qualifying exam not CGFNS-CES ????

So i decided na to pay for the exam and take the exam here in U.S pero nagkalokoloko na ?

Timeline

My Fiance is currently studying for the NLE as my state requires you to have passed the board exam from your home country, even though you can take and pass the NCLEX in the Philippines. Which is what i had my fiancé studying to take until I found out about Missouri requirement. I do know that Texas makes it very difficult to obtain a medical license. I looked online and it was about two pages long. I would appreciate any updates on your situation.

Timeline

Hi jeanlovestracy... I passed the NLE already and has 3yrs paid hospital experience. As far as i know, most state require the test taker, if he/she is educated outside US, to pass the local board exam to the country of origin.. But I think NY doesnt require such. Thats what i know correct me if i am wrong. But for my case, i did passed it and has experience, theres no problem at first when i was in the ph but when i started to move here and change my name and address, thats when everything starts to go upside down. :(

Edited by Lrm08

Timeline

I can not speak to New Yorks requirement,but every state is different, I do worry my fiancé is going to struggle also getting license here in MO, we will see when she gets here. I KNOW she has to send in CGFNS cues and do an english proficiency exam but those should be easy for her.

Timeline

I do not have first-hand knowledge of various tests and the like, but I do know a little about the experiences of my brother's ex-wife. When she came to the US from the Czech Republic, she had to take more college coursework to be a RN in Ohio. She was a RN in Prague before she came here, but her education either wasn't enough or didn't qualify. So she had to take a year of classes at a US college. In the meantime, she took a job as a nursing assistant until she completed her additional college coursework.

As I said, I don't know anything about tests or anything else first-hand. I only know what I learned from my brother's ex-wife a few years ago. So my information probably doesn't help your specific situation, but might help someone else seeking information. I don't know.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.