chancy426

Guangzhou Medical Examination

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We have a appointment scheduled to us by the Embassy for 8/31. According to the Guangzhou Clinic that does the examinations, it takes 3 work days after the examination to get the report.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning are not considered work days. So we are assuming the latest we can do the exam is on 8/25, so hopefully we can get it by 8/30 afternoon.

Does this seem like a safety leadtime? I read someplaces that we can get it next day, but just to be safe.

Also, it seems that appointments are not scheduled and its just by walkin for K1 visas. There seems also to be two forms that we needed to fill out and email to the Clinic so they will be expecting us. Just wanted to see if anyone has went through this process yet?

It says to write a email with subject of date+name to with the application form to: usa@gdciq.gov.cn

Example: 20160825吕某某

Seems the other health record declaration letter only needs to be brought in with a copy of the printed application form, would it effect if we emailed along a copy as well even it said don't need to?

It says that on Saturday they do not take exams for applicants that have not sent in application previously. They are expecting to reply to email each day, can expect to receive an email after 4pm China time. Also preference is sending with qq email.

Any insights on this part, greatly appreciated. Such as how long waiting for the exam took since there is no time schedule.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We went in for the exam the past Friday (19th) , we went in the morning around 7:15. We were eighth in line, the whole process took about 2-3 hours. My fiancee drew blood, got an x-ray, some simple checkups and got two shots . They charged us 1373rmb cash or card. There were about 20 people the whole time we were there. We are able to pick up our results Tuesday(23rd) after 3:00pm.

So I think you guys are safe if you guys go in the morning of 25th.

Make sure you email them the two forms signed and write in the expected date you guys are going.Print them out also to bring in to the clinic. Print your p4 invitation email letter from the consulate. Bring 8 passport photos. Bring the Chinese passport.

03/08/2016:I-129F sent via USPS Priority
03/14/2016:I-129F received at TDallas Lockbox

03/18/2016:NOA1 Notification Email with receipt number (sent to CSC)

03/23/2016:NOA1 hard copy received

06/02/2016:NOA2
06/24/2016: NVC Case #

6/24/2016: NVC Case In Transit

6/27/2016: Case "Ready"

7/29/2016: Packet 3 Received

8/4/2016: Packet 3 sent back

8/12/2016: Packet 4 Received (email)

8/19/2016: Medical

8/31/2016: Interview Approved!!

Timeline

My fiancée does not have any immunization records or does not know. Should she get some shots prior to packet3?

I read that it they never had shots or a record of it they it will take a while to get all the shots which can lead to reschedule of interview.

Just trying to prevent delays. Thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by james1520

I'm worried about this as well. My fiance's exam is on 8/24, so tomorrow.

Some places I read that the immunization records are for the status update after they arrive in the USA and that they can get these shots during the exam? So many mix answers. According to what Michael and Daisy says, they got two shots. I'm assuming these are the immunization shots?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Shots required for immigration can be administered in one day. Any follow-up doses are your responsibility, but do not affect your visa or immigration.

As far as not having records of previous shots, you will need the panel physician to sign off on these shots. This may, at his discretion, involve either a test or re-administration of the shot.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Timeline

My Fiance was just approved on Monday. She did not have any records of immunizations and was not asked for any. We decided prior to her interview that we would take care of the immunizations after she arrived in the US after I read on the USCIS website that they were not required for a K1. We will need to have a record of them prior to AOS though.

Good Luck with your interview.

-Steve and Guiying

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.