11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi every one please help me about form DS 260

My brother had 2 girls over 21 year olds. NVC does not deal with the situation but after they have interview paper, they can appeal to consulate office, consulate will work with the situation. But we not sure the girls can or cannot joint my brother yet.

So on form DS-260 Do I check YES or NO (Is this child immigrating with you ?). If have to check NO , next question can I check YES (Is this child immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?). Because if the girls can enter to U.S.A later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't think they can join him now.

What visa is your brother coming on?

If they were under 21 then they could come with him but over 21 yr olds dont get that privilege.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

I don't think they can join him now.

What visa is your brother coming on?

If they were under 21 then they could come with him but over 21 yr olds dont get that privilege.

I petition my brother.

2 girls over 21 but because I heard someone who know about INS said we can minus the year we had been waited since priority date to approval date.

Example our priority date Feb/2004 and approval date Feb/2010. That mean we had waited for 6 years, the girl now is 23 year old. Take 23 minus 6 is 17.

So 17 still OK to appeal to consulate later after got the interview paper. Only consulate/embassy will work with the situation, NVC does not work with this situation.

The information I just heard, it is not my acknowledgement. Have you ever heard something like that. Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

Edited by latoi

Timeline

I petition my brother.

2 girls over 21 but because I heard someone who know about INS said we can minus the year we had been waited since priority date to approval date.

Example our priority date Feb/2004 and approval date Feb/2010. That mean we had waited for 6 years, the girl now is 23 year old. Take 23 minus 6 is 17.

So 17 still OK to appeal to consulate later after got the interview paper. Only consulate/embassy will work with the situation, NVC does not work with this situation.

The information I just heard, it is not my acknowledgement. Have you ever heard something like that. Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

I think I now get your question.

I'm not sure I have the absolute answer for you.

Was your brother a citizen?

I believe the ages of the children "froze" at the time the petition was filed.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa

So why didn't apply when they were approved in 2010? If i'm not mistaken.

Wait for some more comments for folks with better understanding of your situation.

I am sure someone has gone through this before.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Hi every one please help me about form DS 260

My brother had 2 girls over 21 year olds. NVC does not deal with the situation but after they have interview paper, they can appeal to consulate office, consulate will work with the situation. But we not sure the girls can or cannot joint my brother yet.

So on form DS-260 Do I check YES or NO (Is this child immigrating with you ?). If have to check NO , next question can I check YES (Is this child immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?). Because if the girls can enter to U.S.A later.

So whose petition was appealed? was it for just your brother or his children were also on the application?

Has your brother included anything about the children been part of the process up till this point?

If the children's name were on the application when it was denied or (if refused) the first time?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

So whose petition was appealed? was it for just your brother or his children were also on the application?

Has your brother included anything about the children been part of the process up till this point?

If the children's name were on the application when it was denied or (if refused) the first time?

I petition my brother , on file also his wife and 3 daughters, 2 of them now over 21, all of them in one file.

After I got paper from NVC (last month in July) I call them and ask about CSPA, they said before the interview my brother and his daughters can appeal at consulate/embassy, because NVC does not work with this particular .( I also heard someone said like I state earlier).

So on step pay fee, It show only my brother, his wife and a girl under 21.

Then on step visa application form (ds 260) it show 2 daughters name too but unavailable.

Thank you very much .

Timeline

I petition my brother , on file also his wife and 3 daughters, 2 of them now over 21, all of them in one file.

After I got paper from NVC (last month in July) I call them and ask about CSPA, they said before the interview my brother and his daughters can appeal at consulate/embassy, because NVC does not work with this particular .( I also heard someone said like I state earlier).

So on step pay fee, It show only my brother, his wife and a girl under 21.

Then on step visa application form (ds 260) it show 2 daughters name too but unavailable.

Thank you very much .

So his visa is F4 category and it is for your brother, his wife and children under 21.

I will say, check YES. it is the embassy that will decide whether to approve them also. But i think it is unlikely since their names are already grayed out

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

So his visa is F4 category and it is for your brother, his wife and children under 21.

I will say, check YES. it is the embassy that will decide whether to approve them also. But i think it is unlikely since their names are already grayed out

Thank you for your help. I will check YES. Wish you have a good weekend.

I forgot, you said check YES but in what question:

Is this child immigrating with you ? OR

Is this child immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

(If I check NO in Is this child immigrating with you ?. It will pop up Is this child immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?)

Thank you.

Timeline

Immigrating with you.

Like I said, the embassy will decide whether to remove the "over age" children or to approve them.

Post your question on the Visajourney Facebook page. You might get other opinions there. Good luck.

My answers to you are things I would personally do if I were in your shoes.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Immigrating with you.

Like I said, the embassy will decide whether to remove the "over age" children or to approve them.

Post your question on the Visajourney Facebook page. You might get other opinions there. Good luck.

My answers to you are things I would personally do if I were in your shoes.

Thank you. I will.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.