lilsweetpea11

Questions for I-130

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hello, I am currently at the part of the visa journey where my case has been approved, I have paid the first fee after and also have selected the agent. My questions are as following. I did my last three year taxes online. Will this make a difference or do I actually have to contact the IRS and get their transcripts? How do I show proof for employment? Current pay stubs? Or do I need a letter from my employer? My father will be the co-sponsor will he have to everything the same? Those are my first few questions. Thank you

Hi there! You can order your transcripts online at the IRS website. You can show proof of employment by sending copies of your recent pay stubs and a letter from your employer. And since your father will be a co-sponsor, he will also need to provide the same documents as you (IRS transcript, proof of employment, proof of US citizenship).

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Timeline

Thank you for the reply! I have a few more questions! Can I fill out my fathers I-864 for him and then sign under preparer? He is not the best writer. Do we both fill out I-864 not I-864a correct? Does my Husband need to send me his police clearance since I will be filling out the IV/AOS or just a copy of it since he will need to have original for the interview? Another question, Do we both have to go through interviews or just the beneficiary?

Thank you for the reply! I have a few more questions! Can I fill out my fathers I-864 for him and then sign under preparer? He is not the best writer. Do we both fill out I-864 not I-864a correct? Does my Husband need to send me his police clearance since I will be filling out the IV/AOS or just a copy of it since he will need to have original for the interview? Another question, Do we both have to go through interviews or just the beneficiary?

Yes, you can fill out your father's i-864 form and sign under the preparer, but remember that he must also sign where it is marked for the sponsor. If he does not, NVC will send you a checklist, delaying your process.

You must also fill out a separate i-864 for yourself, since you are the main sponsor/petitioner. If you live in the same house as your father, he fills out the i-864A form; if you live separately, he needs the i-864 form. If he fills out the i-864A, you must send proof of relationship with your father (meaning you need to send proof that you live in the same household).

Your husband can simply send you a copy of his police clearance, but he must make sure he brings the original to his interview.

You, the petitioner, are more than welcome to attend the interview with your husband/the beneficiary, but it is not required; the questions will be geared more towards the beneficiary.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

You might want to fix your timeline also. At the moment it's a K1 timeline, which is for fiances. You are doing CR-1, which is for spouses. The timeline will help you as it will show the steps you still need to follow.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello, so I feel like my heart is broken right now. I thought we were so close to the finish line. My husband is from sri Lanka but has lived in Dubai more than six months in the past five years. We are waiting to send the aos/iv package. My husband received his police clearance from sri Lanka but we have just learned that it will take close to three months to get police clearance from UAE... This is a must have for the iv package right? Sri lankan police clearance won't be enough just to hold over until we receive the UAE one to bring to interview? I was hoping he would be here within next couple months but now it seems probably not until next ye?

Edited by lilsweetpea11

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.