Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Im a viet-american (both my parents are viet but I was born here)
My wife is a viet national.

Our child is due in DEC

Should I pursue?:


Record in the birth registration book

Children born in the US to Vietnamese parents (who have valid Vietnam passport); to parents, one of whom is not Vietnamese and whose birth certificates have been issued by the US relevant authority, can apply for Vietnamese birth certificate and passport.


I am pretty sure the US does not recognize dual citizenship. I don't know if this would be advantageous for our kid(s) to be included in the records over there? I certainly do not wish to denounce their US citizenship.

In the form states;

" Fully agree to choose Vietnamese Citizenship for our child:"

Anyone done this?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.