kikiuk

Withdraw from consideration

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was recently accepted for the DV lottery scheme and have completed and submitted my DS260 form.

However, due to unexpected circumstances I won't be able to take up the visa if the remainder of my application is successful, so I am wanting to understand:

- The ramifications of withdrawing a submitted DS260 and how to do this?

- If I will be able to re-apply to the DV lottery again at a later date if I do withdraw?

I would still very much like to move to the US but won't be able to do this for another few years.

Any help greatly appreciated.

You can either email KCC to withdraw, or wait till you get an interview notification and then inform them you won't attend - personally I'd do the latter, just in case the situation changes again....

Yes, there is an implication as you have demonstrated immigrant intent by submitting a DS260. If you are from the uk as per your profile (presumably with another country to use for DV) you'd normally be able to use visa waiver program to visit the US, not sure if you still can. If you come from a country where you need as visitor visa, that will be quite a bit harder to get than normal and will strongly depend on how well you can demonstrate your ties to home.

You can absolutely apply for the lottery again at a later stage, but of course the chance of winning will be small again.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks you so much for your helpful reply. Just to give a little more context to my situation, I have a British and UK passport which both work on the ESTA visa waiver program. Just to clarify, are you saying that I would not longer be able to use this and visit the states if I withdraw?

Thank again.

Thanks you so much for your helpful reply. Just to give a little more context to my situation, I have a British and UK passport which both work on the ESTA visa waiver program. Just to clarify, are you saying that I would not longer be able to use this and visit the states if I withdraw?

Thank again.

British and UK ;) you meant something else as as second I assume! anyway - I'm not an expert but as far as I know if you have demonstrated immigrant intent you can't enter on visa waiver - best to check with the US consulate though (or maybe someone better informed can answer here)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.