TheShape

What is a 're-oath' appointment?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I had my interview last June, but had to get a waiver. No problem, got the waiver and sent in a list of documents they requested, and now they have booked me for a 're-oath' appointment this week in Montreal. Question is, what's the difference between the two? Is it basically just another interview, or is it different? I asked which documents to bring and was told 'Please bring a copy of this e-mail with you.'

Thanks to anyone who can provide some info on this.

Edited by TheShape

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello:

I had my interview for CR1 visa in Montreal on Dec. 12th, and I was told everything looks good, here's the "Welcome to the USA letter", and it will take 7 days to get my passport and VISA package from the courier.  When my husband and I returned home, we were in administrative processing and they requested proof of relationship, which we provided within 7 days, and now, on Feb. 9, 2017, we received an email to re-oath at the Consulate again.

When you had your re-oath, what questions did they ask, or did you just have to take the oath again?  We are anxious because we can't understand what more they could want.  They said not to bring anything except the interview letter.

Thank you

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in similar situation. Do you know when you will submitted DS 260? They told me yesterday that my DS 260 has expired and i am wondering about validity of DS 260. Could you please keep in touch and advise about when you have submitted DS 260 first time. Mine is over 1 year now.

Timeline
16 hours ago, baby74 said:

Hello:

I had my interview for CR1 visa in Montreal on Dec. 12th, and I was told everything looks good, here's the "Welcome to the USA letter", and it will take 7 days to get my passport and VISA package from the courier.  When my husband and I returned home, we were in administrative processing and they requested proof of relationship, which we provided within 7 days, and now, on Feb. 9, 2017, we received an email to re-oath at the Consulate again.

When you had your re-oath, what questions did they ask, or did you just have to take the oath again?  We are anxious because we can't understand what more they could want.  They said not to bring anything except the interview letter.

Thank you

I am in similar situation. Do you know when you will submitted DS 260? They told me yesterday that my DS 260 has expired and i am wondering about validity of DS 260. Could you please keep in touch and advise about when you have submitted DS 260 first time. Mine is over 1 year now.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, SMCANADA said:

I did my DS-260 in October 2016. So, It's only 4 months. I thought that the "re-oath" might be because I submitted for the AP , proof of relationship that wasn't an official document (like the birth certificate, police certificate or marriage certificate). I really don't know why is the "re-oath"

Timeline
19 minutes ago, baby74 said:

I did my DS-260 in October 2016. So, It's only 4 months. I thought that the "re-oath" might be because I submitted for the AP , proof of relationship that wasn't an official document (like the birth certificate, police certificate or marriage certificate). I really don't know why is the "re-oath"

when did you received your re-oath date after re-oath email? can you advise me from receiving email of re-oath and interview time frame. did they give you two week notice of intervew after you received re-oath email or 1 wweek?

Edited by SMCANADA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SMCANADA said:

Have you received your re-oath date? can you advise me from receiving email of re-oath and interview time frame. did they give you two week notice of intervew after you received re-oath email or 1 wweek?

I received the Re-oath interview email yesterday and the second interview is next wednesday the 15th.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, baby74 said:

I received the Re-oath interview email yesterday and the second interview is next wednesday the 15th.

Thanks for update! so its mean they will give you only 4-5 days. I am worrying about traveling  because i leave in Alberta and we have two little ones to take as well. I wish they will call me in Calgary for re-oath instead of Montreal. I hope they will waive me re-oath apptm.

Please update me once you will completed your re-oath.

I read couple of blog online and as per their experience, they will ask you couple of questions again and offer you welcome letter.

Be positive and confident and keep your answer short.

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES from me.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SMCANADA said:

Thanks for update! so its mean they will give you only 4-5 days. I am worrying about traveling  because i leave in Alberta and we have two little ones to take as well. I wish they will call me in Calgary for re-oath instead of Montreal. I hope they will waive me re-oath apptm.

Please update me once you will completed your re-oath.

I read couple of blog online and as per their experience, they will ask you couple of questions again and offer you welcome letter.

Be positive and confident and keep your answer short.

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES from me.

Thanks for your best wishes.

I'll let you know after my interview next wednesday.

Crossing my fingers that everything go smoothly :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already have an interview last Feb. 06 , its only in the READY status. then I received an email last Ma5.

____1. You need to submit the document(s) marked below. The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any
2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter. This service is free of
charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to
print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.
_X__2. You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked
below. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

_X_ Others: For oath.

Is there any case here? What do I need to do. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, mengmeng said:

I already have an interview last Feb. 06 , its only in the READY status. then I received an email last Ma5.

____1. You need to submit the document(s) marked below. The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any
2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter. This service is free of
charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to
print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.
_X__2. You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked
below. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

_X_ Others: For oath.

Is there any case here? What do I need to do. 

Not sure about your case.  Reoath appointment mean that they will verify some more information from you and hopefully ended welcome letter if they satisfy. No worry! you will pass interview. Good Luck!

• 6 months later...
On 3/14/2017 at 8:28 AM, SMCANADA said:

Not sure about your case.  Reoath appointment mean that they will verify some more information from you and hopefully ended welcome letter if they satisfy. No worry! you will pass interview. Good Luck!

Hi there, how long did it take to get a Bio-Oath appointment after the Consulate received the updated documents?  Did you get a visa and passport back within a week after the interview? Thanks

22 minutes ago, epak said:

Hi there, how long did it take to get a Bio-Oath appointment after the Consulate received the updated documents?  Did you get a visa and passport back within a week after the interview? Thanks

This was from 7 months ago.  You may want to start a new thread.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.