midwesterner27

*Full* I-130 package

19 posts in this topic

when I talked to USCIS Vienna she was VERY adament not to send proof of relationship (other than the marriage certificate). she told me that that would all be handled by the embassy at the interview date.

Fofire

That's good info to know about Vienna! These cases are clearly going to be weird hybrids for awhile.

John and Sonya -- your post sounds like a submission from before all this started. The process is going to be different now, and the visa application docs are not necessarily going to go in with the petition documents.

I really encourage everyone to think of them as separate entities: Petition & Visa Application.

Yes, our petition was approved 11/06. But the new petition ( I-130 ) says you have to submit proof of bonifide relationship with application ( Section 7 of instructions ). When we filed, we had to show at when we first submitted our petition and its required at our final interview. None of our documents are mailed in when you do DCF. VISA application is different than Petition, but petition requires these documents as well now.

My advice is not go so much what consulates tell you, they all have their own oppinion, unless its ADDITIONAL info they want. To be safe, bring what they ask AND what is noted on thier websites and on the forms themselves. BE SAFE. We have seen so many applicants rejected because they did not bring everything.

I really have to agree with this advice. A lot of USCIS and consulate staff are not yet aware of the new I-130 requirements, and although Vienna was adamant about not sending proof to me as well, the form clearly states that you need to send SOME supporting evidence. They don't need the whole visa interview shebang (Vienna says that they aren't too worried about fraud in cases where the USC has been resident for over six months), but the staff person who actually does the adjudication will probably know about and want that new I-130 section 7 supporting evidence. As John says, it can't hurt to send it, and you may well save yourself an RFE delay.

As a side note, you may want to do a last-minute check with your embassy in Poland, Andrew. They may be taking your I-130 there now. :)

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

when I talked to USCIS Vienna she was VERY adament not to send proof of relationship (other than the marriage certificate). she told me that that would all be handled by the embassy at the interview date.

Fofire

That's good info to know about Vienna! These cases are clearly going to be weird hybrids for awhile.

John and Sonya -- your post sounds like a submission from before all this started. The process is going to be different now, and the visa application docs are not necessarily going to go in with the petition documents.

I really encourage everyone to think of them as separate entities: Petition & Visa Application.

Yes, our petition was approved 11/06. But the new petition ( I-130 ) says you have to submit proof of bonifide relationship with application ( Section 7 of instructions ). When we filed, we had to show at when we first submitted our petition and its required at our final interview. None of our documents are mailed in when you do DCF. VISA application is different than Petition, but petition requires these documents as well now.

My advice is not go so much what consulates tell you, they all have their own oppinion, unless its ADDITIONAL info they want. To be safe, bring what they ask AND what is noted on thier websites and on the forms themselves. BE SAFE. We have seen so many applicants rejected because they did not bring everything.

I really have to agree with this advice. A lot of USCIS and consulate staff are not yet aware of the new I-130 requirements, and although Vienna was adamant about not sending proof to me as well, the form clearly states that you need to send SOME supporting evidence. They don't need the whole visa interview shebang (Vienna says that they aren't too worried about fraud in cases where the USC has been resident for over six months), but the staff person who actually does the adjudication will probably know about and want that new I-130 section 7 supporting evidence. As John says, it can't hurt to send it, and you may well save yourself an RFE delay.

As a side note, you may want to do a last-minute check with your embassy in Poland, Andrew. They may be taking your I-130 there now. :)

Just wanted to say that Vienna just approved my I-130 and has sent it on to Bucharest. :dance:

In all they didnt need the DS-230 Just so you know that part.

With regards to the Evidence of relationship do what you think is best/safest.

Fofire

Fofire

Just wanted to say that Vienna just approved my I-130 and has sent it on to Bucharest. :dance:

In all they didnt need the DS-230 Just so you know that part.

With regards to the Evidence of relationship do what you think is best/safest.

Fofire

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Fofire, that's GREAT! And really fast, too!!! Congrats! :)

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.