mnashville

AOS and travel after 90'days is up help!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

No. I got USPS to open an investigation and they call me back asking me to check back with them on Monday.

I called USCIS as well and they told me to check back after 10 business days to see if they can pull my name from the system.

I wonder if the problem is that I use USPS express mail with a required signature. Since it's a lockbox, there is nobody to sign, causing the hold up.

If they indeed arrived, there is no text/email notice or checks cashed yet.

That's exactly the problem. Requiring a signature will delay delivery.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

The signature part may be the issue, I also requested that the package get signed by someone at the lockbox ours took a total of 10 days. Crazy!!

No. I got USPS to open an investigation and they call me back asking me to check back with them on Monday.

I called USCIS as well and they told me to check back after 10 business days to see if they can pull my name from the system.

I wonder if the problem is that I use USPS express mail with a required signature. Since it's a lockbox, there is nobody to sign, causing the hold up.

Phew :rolleyes: Thanks. That gives me peace of mind.

There is no deadline for filling AOS... I filed 3months ago after being in US for since 2010 on a k1... There is allot of people that file a year or so later

Timeline

oh and I also havent recieved any text, e-mail notice or check cashed as of yet.

oh and I also havent recieved any text, e-mail notice or check cashed as of yet.

Yeah, when the post office lady asked casually if I want signature confirmation, I just said yes without fully realizing the consequences. Oh well.

I tried to call the lockbox number that the usps gave me 312-983-7544 but nobody pick up the phone. I will call first thing monday to request that they remove the signature requirement. I hope it will help. Otherwise, it will be there for 10 days.

So you are saying that you also sent yours priority with signature requirement to the lockbox and it got delivered 10 days later?

i485-i130-i765-i131 packages for spouse/child

7/18: Mailed packages to Chicago lockbox

7/19: Received by USCIS

7/26: Received 8 text/email NOAs

7/27: Checks cashed
7/30: Received 8 hard copy NOAs

8/6: Bio letter received

8/8: Bio done

9/10: Case updated that RFIE was mailed regarding i485

9/17: Received RFIE (needs a cosponsor)

9/23: Mailed back RFIE

9/27: Case update: RFIE received by USCIS and case resumed

10/3: Created SR for my EAD as it's been 75 days.

10/14: Contacted congressman office to inquiry/expedite

10/19: EAD card ordered, AP approved

11/1: EAD/AP was mailed

11/3: EAD/AP received

11/4: Applied for SSN

12/2: SSN card received

12/2: Applied and got learner license

8/14/17: Got email/txt for interview scheduled Sept 19

9/19/17: Interview

9/23/17: received approval notice and GC in the mail

Timeline

We did the same, I figured it would give me peace of mind knowing that someone had to sign for it.

We sent ours certified, not priority there was like a $20 difference they said it would be delivered in 3 days so I figured I'd rather pay $3 and wait an extra day. But it took 10 days to get there

Yeah, when the post office lady asked casually if I want signature confirmation, I just said yes without fully realizing the consequences. Oh well.

I tried to call the lockbox number that the usps gave me 312-983-7544 but nobody pick up the phone. I will call first thing monday to request that they remove the signature requirement. I hope it will help. Otherwise, it will be there for 10 days.

So you are saying that you also sent yours priority with signature requirement to the lockbox and it got delivered 10 days later?

We did the same, I figured it would give me peace of mind knowing that someone had to sign for it.

We sent ours certified, not priority there was like a $20 difference they said it would be delivered in 3 days so I figured I'd rather pay $3 and wait an extra day. But it took 10 days to get there

How is your case going?

We received hard copy NOA today. The package was not lost at all, fortunately. We luckily were able to track it using a second tracking number on the package.

i485-i130-i765-i131 packages for spouse/child

7/18: Mailed packages to Chicago lockbox

7/19: Received by USCIS

7/26: Received 8 text/email NOAs

7/27: Checks cashed
7/30: Received 8 hard copy NOAs

8/6: Bio letter received

8/8: Bio done

9/10: Case updated that RFIE was mailed regarding i485

9/17: Received RFIE (needs a cosponsor)

9/23: Mailed back RFIE

9/27: Case update: RFIE received by USCIS and case resumed

10/3: Created SR for my EAD as it's been 75 days.

10/14: Contacted congressman office to inquiry/expedite

10/19: EAD card ordered, AP approved

11/1: EAD/AP was mailed

11/3: EAD/AP received

11/4: Applied for SSN

12/2: SSN card received

12/2: Applied and got learner license

8/14/17: Got email/txt for interview scheduled Sept 19

9/19/17: Interview

9/23/17: received approval notice and GC in the mail

Timeline

Hi :)

Congrats, we received our email Tuesday July 26 and hard copies arrived yesterday (Saturday 30th) A huge relief to know that our packages arrived safely. Now the waiting game begins..

Best of luck, will keep in touch

How is your case going?

We received hard copy NOA today. The package was not lost at all, fortunately. We luckily were able to track it using a second tracking number on the package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.