TripleA

Questions regarding the DS-160

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We're about ready to put together all out documents for the I-129 and mail them to the Dallas lockbox, however I had a couple final questions.

Originally I had read the DS-160 was not applicable to us. (Today I realized the post that I had read was dated for back in 2013- Oops.)

But now upon double checking everything I have seen some say it is necessary for K visas as well.

I want to just check in with anyone who has already gone through this process to confirm whether or not this is true.

In addition, if it is necessary to complete, do I need to print a copy of the entire form after it has been submitted, or can I just send the confirmation sheet with my petition?

Thank you.

Fiance went back to NL 06/20/16

Mailed K-1 I-129F 08/15/16

Recieved by office 08/18/16

Became nervous 09/20/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You will need to complete the form, yes, but not right now. It is only necessary at the time of the scheduling of the interview, after the file is approved and passed through the service center, nvc and is there at your embassy waiting for you to do the interview.

when you do use it, you just need to take the confirmation page. you can print all of it for yourself, but the consulate will only request the bar code and confirmation number :)

Edited by beatrizteller

Yes I just finished the DS-160 and sent it to the Amsterdam consulate. You need to do it when the consulate sends you the package 3. Which is after the I-129f is approved and has been processed by the NVC.

You only send the confirmation page with the barcode and your picture. It will be explained.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

This is how the process goes...

1- You complete the I-129F petition (follow the instruction on the guide for k1 Visa)

2- You mail your petition to Dallas, Tx lockbox.

3- You will be notified by text, email if your petition was received, if you have filled out the form for that.

4- You will receive NOA1 within 10 days

5- Waiting time for NOA2 could take up to 6 months.

6- If your petition approved, you will receive a notice in the mail NOA2 telling you it was approved and your file is sent to NVC

7- After receiving the NOA2, wait for 2 to 3 weeks and start calling NVC to find out if they received the file and if they have case number. It might take longer but keep trying.

8- Once you have the case and invoice number and depending on your embassy, your fiance can begin the process of filing out DS-160 for K1 visa.

You just follow the instruction from your embassy on the entire process after your filing out DS-160

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

This is how the process goes...

1- You complete the I-129F petition (follow the instruction on the guide for k1 Visa)

2- You mail your petition to Dallas, Tx lockbox.

3- You will be notified by text, email if your petition was received, if you have filled out the form for that.

4- You will receive NOA1 within 10 days

5- Waiting time for NOA2 could take up to 6 months.

6- If your petition approved, you will receive a notice in the mail NOA2 telling you it was approved and your file is sent to NVC

7- After receiving the NOA2, wait for 2 to 3 weeks and start calling NVC to find out if they received the file and if they have case number. It might take longer but keep trying.

8- Once you have the case and invoice number and depending on your embassy, your fiance can begin the process of filing out DS-160 for K1 visa.

You just follow the instruction from your embassy on the entire process after your filing out DS-160

Alright.

Thank you and everyone else for always being so helpful!!

Fiance went back to NL 06/20/16

Mailed K-1 I-129F 08/15/16

Recieved by office 08/18/16

Became nervous 09/20/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.