bob+senga

Reissuing k1/k2 visas after petition on hold, to schedule new appointment

3 posts in this topic

Hi

Im truly amazed and grateful with the American Embassy- my visas had expired as was in court for my child- embassy put my visas on hold till i was able to immigrate legally. We won the case so informed the embassy who have just modified my visa application to indicate an additional in person consulate appointment is required. NO additional visa application fee required. WOW- was not expecting that- my appointment confirmation slip says paid January 2015, interview 23 august 2016

So i went on website and sure enough it allowed me to make an appointment for end of August. My question is ive heard other people say they keep checking and they've managed to move the appointmnet forward- which would be brill as we want my daughter to start school with her step sis and friends, and get married before end August.

Do i just go back onto the ais.usvisa website and hit reschedule appointment and see if it brings up new dates- is there a good time in the day to do this.

Ideally would like interview 2 weeks earlier or should i try the expedite appointment button.

Im assuming ill still need new medical- so i suppose i can do that and hope for new appointment

Hi

Im truly amazed and grateful with the American Embassy- my visas had expired as was in court for my child- embassy put my visas on hold till i was able to immigrate legally. We won the case so informed the embassy who have just modified my visa application to indicate an additional in person consulate appointment is required. NO additional visa application fee required. WOW- was not expecting that- my appointment confirmation slip says paid January 2015, interview 23 august 2016

So i went on website and sure enough it allowed me to make an appointment for end of August. My question is ive heard other people say they keep checking and they've managed to move the appointmnet forward- which would be brill as we want my daughter to start school with her step sis and friends, and get married before end August.

Do i just go back onto the ais.usvisa website and hit reschedule appointment and see if it brings up new dates- is there a good time in the day to do this.

Ideally would like interview 2 weeks earlier or should i try the expedite appointment button.

Im assuming ill still need new medical- so i suppose i can do that and hope for new appointment

I got to reschedule it the day I booked - just clicked 'reschedule' and it offered me new dates. I was hoping I might once more get lucky (moving it to this week would have been brill, because I hate waiting!!) but now the first date available I can see is August 23rd. It's a lot of luck, I think. Might be worth checking it daily, possibly twice a day. After all, people might drop out/need to reschedule, freeing up some earlier spaces! But it seems pretty impossible to predict

K1

I-129F sent : 2016-03-04

Interview approved: 2016-07-26

POE NY JFK: 2016-08-19

Wedding (NYC city hall): 2016-08-26

AOS + EAD + AP

Application sent: 2016-08-26

Application delivered: 2016-08-29

NOA texts/emails: 2016-09-05

NOA hardcopies: 2016-09-14

Biometrics appointment: 2016-10-07

EAD expedite request: 2016-10-13

EAD approved: 2016-10-20

AP approved: 2016-10-20

AOS approved: 2017-03-23

USPS lost greencard: 2017-04-01

i90 e-filed: 2017-04-16

Cheers for that, i did keep checking the reschedule but nothing then thsi morning at 8am i though oh check and right enough i got the 16th August- crazy. when i rechecked 5 mins later it was gone-so as you suggest it may be one just gets added as someone drops out or moves themselve,

i will keep rechecking as really want to leave at latest 26 th August as my daughter needs enrolled in school on 29th and its open day for kids to meet teachers and see round the new school( new build hence late start), and interview on 16th is cutting it pretty tight for flights etc.

I cant complain though the embassy have been brill with my case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.