23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! We are new here, we are a same sex couple and we'd like to know about their experiences in the consulate of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, México.

Now I'm waiting for the packet 3 (I read some of your comments here about it so now I know the "packet 3" it's a simple letter with instructions). By the way we've received our NOA2, the USCIS approved our case on June 27, 2016. I have a question for you guys.

I'm sure my fiance (US citizen) is going to be the first in getting the letter with our case number. In México the mail service is a mess. I have read in some forums where there are cases of mexicans who did not receive this letter for the bad service.

is it ok if my fiance send me a copy of the letter by email? (Scanning it) I meant a copy is enough for the medical examination, consular interview and the appointment for taking the fingerprints. Or Has it to be original?

I will thank all of you for your advices and tips you can give us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

It is absolutely ok for the USC to email the letter to you for you to print and use. If neither of you receive it, then you can ask for one at the information window of the consulate. Of course you would need to go early, before ASC, medical and interview, since you will need it for all.

You can read the Juarez reviews here > http://www.visajourn...&cty=&dfilter=5

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Mexico, Latin & South America regional - topic specific to Juarez ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Hi everyone! We are new here, we are a same sex couple and we'd like to know about their experiences in the consulate of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, México.

Now I'm waiting for the packet 3 (I read some of your comments here about it so now I know the "packet 3" it's a simple letter with instructions). By the way we've received our NOA2, the USCIS approved our case on June 27, 2016. I have a question for you guys.

I'm sure my fiance (US citizen) is going to be the first in getting the letter with our case number. In México the mail service is a mess. I have read in some forums where there are cases of mexicans who did not receive this letter for the bad service.

is it ok if my fiance send me a copy of the letter by email? (Scanning it) I meant a copy is enough for the medical examination, consular interview and the appointment for taking the fingerprints. Or Has it to be original?

I will thank all of you for your advices and tips you can give us.

Congrats on getting closer!!! if its not to much to ask will you let me know if they allowed you to chose your interview date or if it was already scheduled? I would very much appreciate it. I and currently waiting for my case# from the NVC and I am soo nervous! I would love to hear how your journey and experience went. Best of luck.

~~~~~~~K-1:
04/23/2016: Mailed my I-129F packet via USPS EXPRESS MAIL to Louisville,TX :dance:

04/25/2016: Received a text msg that my Packet was picked up and signed for at the PO BOX (2 days)
04/28/2016: Check was cashed! (3 days)
04/28/2016: NOA1 text. Case routed to CSC

07/06/2016: Text that my case was approved (68 days)

07/12/2016: hardcopy NOA 2 (6 days)

07/27/2016: NVC received my petition (21 days from NOA2)
07/28/2016: NVC assigned a case number (1 day)
08/01/2016: NVC sent out our case (IN TRANSIT-4 DAYS)
event.png

Timeline

Thanks KayDeeCee!

Of course mimi6157, I'm waiting for my case number too, if you get your case number before me I will thank you let me know all about your consulate experience. It's supposed you have to schedule your appointment at the consulate, everything is online, the DS-160, etc.

Here is the completed information.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Good luck and we keep in touch!

Timeline

Congrats on getting closer!!! if its not to much to ask will you let me know if they allowed you to chose your interview date or if it was already scheduled? I would very much appreciate it. I and currently waiting for my case# from the NVC and I am soo nervous! I would love to hear how your journey and experience went. Best of luck.

You will schedule your own appointments >

How to apply: https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/how-to-apply/ , K-1 'packet/invitation' letter (very important to follow and explains a lot): http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/k1_k4_oct2014.pdf

instructions (very important to follow and they explain a lot): http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf,

schedule appointments: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/ , and

CDJ info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks KayDeeCee!

Of course mimi6157, I'm waiting for my case number too, if you get your case number before me I will thank you let me know all about your consulate experience. It's supposed you have to schedule your appointment at the consulate, everything is online, the DS-160, etc.

Thank you ! And yes I will let you know. Please also let me know how your interview goes i have read the posts and my fiance has an idea on what to expect but it never hurts to know if something changes especially getting closer to our date. Thanks for the info!!

You will schedule your own appointments >

How to apply: https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/how-to-apply/ , K-1 'packet/invitation' letter (very important to follow and explains a lot): http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/k1_k4_oct2014.pdf

instructions (very important to follow and they explain a lot): http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf,

schedule appointments: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/ , and

CDJ info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Thank you so so much! The links were very helpful you have no idea. :D i have heard that some people ( notnonly from DF ) can also have the fingerprints and some vaccinations done in a local medical office around their town is it true? Some one else from Guadalajara said their fiance had them done so injust wanted to make sure they still make those valid.

~~~~~~~K-1:
04/23/2016: Mailed my I-129F packet via USPS EXPRESS MAIL to Louisville,TX :dance:

04/25/2016: Received a text msg that my Packet was picked up and signed for at the PO BOX (2 days)

event.png

Timeline

You can and should have all the vaccines up to date when you attend your medical exam in Juarez. They are supposed to verify you have your vaccines even though they don't always do it.

Once you do get your K-1 Visa and cross into the U.S., you have a civil surgeon just transcribe the vaccine record onto the DS-3025 to send in with your adjustment of status (AOS) application. (It's much cheaper than getting any missing vaccines in the U.S.) This way you only pay for the transcribing.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Timeline

Thank you so so much! The links were very helpful you have no idea. :D i have heard that some people ( notnonly from DF ) can also have the fingerprints and some vaccinations done in a local medical office around their town is it true? Some one else from Guadalajara said their fiance had them done so injust wanted to make sure they still make those valid.

I do not know about having the medical in other places besides Juarez and Mexico City, but you can have the ASC appointment scheduled locally before going to Juarez.

As to the vaccination stuff, you can go ahead and get them and have a record of them, but they probably will not care at the K-1 medical. They tend to refuse to deal with vaccinations for a K-1 and give a blank DS-3025 or none at all. If you need to see a civil surgeon in the US for an I-693 when filing for AOS, which you most likely will, then the record of your vaccinations in Mexico can be taken to that medical to have transcribed onto the I-693.

Timeline

Thank you MariaR323! I really appreciate your suggestion.

mimi6157

You can schedule your appointment in any ASC (Applicant Support Center), they are located in any city where there is a consulate of United States, for example in Mérida, Yucatán there is a consulate and a ASC as well. I think there is a consulate in Guadalajara, Jalisco too.

Check this link, it will be easier.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/niv/information/asc

The medical examination is only in Ciudad Juárez with the medical offices authorized as *CLINICA MEDICA INTERNACIONAL *SERVICIOS MEDICOS and *MEDICOS DE VISA.

Only the applicants who lives in the Estado de México and Ciudad de México (CDMX or DF) should go to the authorized clinic *MEDICOS ESPECIALIZADOS INTERNACIONALES (This is located in La colonia Juárez, Delegación Cuauhtémoc).

You can get the vaccines in any hospital in México, the nurse has to write up the differents vaccines you got in a record book (Cartilla de vacunación).

Some vaccines are free in México so it's better get them here than in the medical appointment because they are expensive. Take with you the record book (Cartilla de Vacunación) the day of your appointment for the medical examination because it will be a proof of your vaccines.

Timeline

You can and should have all the vaccines up to date when you attend your medical exam in Juarez. They are supposed to verify you have your vaccines even though they don't always do it.

Once you do get your K-1 Visa and cross into the U.S., you have a civil surgeon just transcribe the vaccine record onto the DS-3025 to send in with your adjustment of status (AOS) application. (It's much cheaper than getting any missing vaccines in the U.S.) This way you only pay for the transcribing.

THANK YOU MARIA!!will keep in mi d and congrats on the visa! How was your interview and where do you recommend we stay ?

I do not know about having the medical in other places besides Juarez and Mexico City, but you can have the ASC appointment scheduled locally before going to Juarez.

As to the vaccination stuff, you can go ahead and get them and have a record of them, but they probably will not care at the K-1 medical. They tend to refuse to descal with vaccinations for a K-1 and give a blank DS-3025 or none at all. If you need to see a civil surgeon in the US for an I-693 when filing for AOS, which you most likely will, then the record of your vaccinations in Mexico can be taken to that medical to have transcribed onto the I-693.

The Asc is the biometrics with the finger prints right? Just making sure i think the nerves and excitement are getting to me lol

Thank you MariaR323! I really appreciate your suggestion.

mimi6157

You can schedule your appointment in any ASC (Applicant Support Center), they are located in any city where there is a consulate of United States, for example in Mérida, Yucatán there is a consulate and a ASC as well. I think there is a consulate in Guadalajara, Jalisco too.

Check this link, it will be easier.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/niv/information/asc

The medical examination is only in Ciudad Juárez with the medical offices authorized as *CLINICA MEDICA INTERNACIONAL *SERVICIOS MEDICOS and *MEDICOS DE VISA.

Only the applicants who lives in the Estado de México and Ciudad de México (CDMX or DF) should go to the authorized clinic *MEDICOS ESPECIALIZADOS INTERNACIONALES (This is located in La colonia Juárez, Delegación Cuauhtémoc).

You can get the vaccines in any hospital in México, the nurse has to write up the differents vaccines you got in a record book (Cartilla de vacunación).

Some vaccines are free in México so it's better get them here than in the medical appointment because they are expensive. Take with you the record book (Cartilla de Vacunación) the day of your appointment for the medical examination because it will be a proof of your vaccines.

Thanks to all i really appreciate the time and advise you all gave me , and the links were very helpful too ! I was wondering if any of you filled out the ds160 form even before receiving the nvc number? I have been reading the forum and some say you can do it as it inly asks for the WAC NUMBER but i just want to be sure. Also i have read somewhere that my fiance is supposed to be the one to fill out that ds160 but he doesnot speak any english.. how did you all do it?

~~~~~~~K-1:

event.png

Timeline

Thanks to all i really appreciate the time and advise you all gave me , and the links were very helpful too ! I was wondering if any of you filled out the ds160 form even before receiving the nvc number? I have been reading the forum and some say you can do it as it inly asks for the WAC NUMBER but i just want to be sure. Also i have read somewhere that my fiance is supposed to be the one to fill out that ds160 but he doesnot speak any english.. how did you all do it?

I waited for my case number but yes, you could technically complete it before you have the case number since you don't need the case number when just filling it out.

The beneficiary is the one to fill it out and sign, however, you can assist and also put your name down as the person who assisted the beneficiary in filling it out. That's exactly what I did.

I'm a little more tech savvy so what I did is I had my fiancée connect to my computer through like a remote connection (google: Teamviewer for more info on how this works) and she was basically watching my computer screen the whole time we went through the DS-160. Then once it came time to sign, she controlled the comp and actually "signed" and submitted.

Also, the app does have "tool tips" that will translate the questions on the form.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

Timeline

I waited for my case number but yes, you could technically complete it before you have the case number since you don't need the case number when just filling it out.

The beneficiary is the one to fill it out and sign, however, you can assist and also put your name down as the person who assisted the beneficiary in filling it out. That's exactly what I did.

I'm a little more tech savvy so what I did is I had my fiancée connect to my computer through like a remote connection (google: Teamviewer for more info on how this works) and she was basically watching my computer screen the whole time we went through the DS-160. Then once it came time to sign, she controlled the comp and actually "signed" and submitted.

Also, the app does have "tool tips" that will translate the questions on the form.

Thank you so much Maria! I am familiar with the teamviewer the bad thing is that my fiancee does not own a computer but we are going to video chat so I can help him out. Once you fill out the DS form and printed the confirmation page, Do you just go to the bank and make a payment or how does that work?

Thanks KayDeeCee!

Hey Ja&Ra,

I have called the NVC this morning and they just informed me that they have received my petition today but to call back in a week to get the case number(ill probably call back tomorrow .. lol) . Another fellow VJ member did called back the same day it was received and had the case number ! Hope you hear something soon:)

~~~~~~~K-1:

event.png

Timeline

Thank you so much Maria! I am familiar with the teamviewer the bad thing is that my fiancee does not own a computer but we are going to video chat so I can help him out. Once you fill out the DS form and printed the confirmation page, Do you just go to the bank and make a payment or how does that work?

Hey Ja&Ra,

I have called the NVC this morning and they just informed me that they have received my petition today but to call back in a week to get the case number(ill probably call back tomorrow .. lol) . Another fellow VJ member did called back the same day it was received and had the case number ! Hope you hear something soon:)

Video chat works just the same as well, as long as they're in the loop doing the application because it does ask a lot of detailed questions. Make sure you write down the ID number of the application because it does time out A LOT and you'll need it to go back in (hit SAVE after everything you put in).

The actual VISA payment is not made during that application session but rather through the ASC account you will create once you have your CDJ case number. Make sure you're on the Immigrant page (the green background) and not the NonImmigrant (blue background) website. It will ask for your CDJ case number and the DS-160 confirmation number - that's how it links your DS-160 Visa App with your CDJ Case Number. Once the account is created and you're in, you can pay the Visa fee online with a Credit Card - that's the easiest and that's exactly how I did it. Once you pay it lets you schedule the appointments for biometrics and interview.

They should have your case number assigned by NVC within 2 days... unless they're running behind :)

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

Timeline

Video chat works just the same as well, as long as they're in the loop doing the application because it does ask a lot of detailed questions. Make sure you write down the ID number of the application because it does time out A LOT and you'll need it to go back in (hit SAVE after everything you put in).

The actual VISA payment is not made during that application session but rather through the ASC account you will create once you have your CDJ case number. Make sure you're on the Immigrant page (the green background) and not the NonImmigrant (blue background) website. It will ask for your CDJ case number and the DS-160 confirmation number - that's how it links your DS-160 Visa App with your CDJ Case Number. Once the account is created and you're in, you can pay the Visa fee online with a Credit Card - that's the easiest and that's exactly how I did it. Once you pay it lets you schedule the appointments for biometrics and interview.

They should have your case number assigned by NVC within 2 days... unless they're running behind :)

Wow thank you so much!! i can not thank you all enough and just to give an update I have called nvc center today and received a case number !!! :D

~~~~~~~K-1:

event.png

Timeline

Wow thank you so much!! i can not thank you all enough and just to give an update I have called nvc center today and received a case number !!! :D

You are very welcome :)

That's great news! The CDJ consulate should have your packet within 3 to 5 days at most. Also, there is a method to their madness (LOL)... you can track the DHL package from NVC to CDJ with some known details - this lets you actually confirm the day CDJ received your packet. I'll look for the post with the instructions and re-post back here when I find it.

Maria :)

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.