4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi VJ friends,

My husband and I had an interview this morning (June 30), and something went wrong...:(, which was a lil bit disappointing.

I had an issue with my vaccination stuff, the interviewer claimed that she did not see any "doctor approval" on the I-693 submitted to them at the stage when I applied for my K-1 visa. Back to then, I had my health checked in Vietnam, then went to the K1 visa interview, got my visa and then got vaccination, so all the vaccinations were not transferred to the I-693 and that was the reason why I sent my vaccination record to the USCIS in a package of AOS. I read somewhere in this forum that as long as my vaccination record (from my home country) is still valid, then I do NOT need to file I-693.

So, when we had an interview, she gave us an RFE and asked us to file I-693 then send to her asap..that sucks, cause my vaccination record is still valid until this Dec.

Anyway, we have to file it and send to them, I have some questions which would be much appreciated if you guys can help us:

- I found and booked an appointment with the civil surgeon office, when I go there and ask them to file my I-693, how long until I can get the sealed package? They told me on the phone something about TB test? What is it? Do I need it? Can I refuse taking it since I don't see it on the I-693 form..:(..I live in Alabama, and the office is in Montgomery, AL.

- After getting the package, which address of USCIS should I send to? I reside in Alabama, and my USCIS field office is in Atlanta, but I sent my original package (I-485, I-765 and I-131) to Chicago lockbox, so I should send it to Atlanta office or Chicago office??? I'm confused, hope you guys will help me.

- How long does it usually take since they get the addition evidence until I get my green-card? Cause she said she only need my I-693 then we'll be approved. (She actually gave us the approval notice then took it back :( )

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Thank you

Henry N Giddens

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi VJ friends,

My husband and I had an interview this morning (June 30), and something went wrong... :(, which was a lil bit disappointing.

I had an issue with my vaccination stuff, the interviewer claimed that she did not see any "doctor approval" on the I-693 submitted to them at the stage when I applied for my K-1 visa. Back to then, I had my health checked in Vietnam, then went to the K1 visa interview, got my visa and then got vaccination, so all the vaccinations were not transferred to the I-693 and that was the reason why I sent my vaccination record to the USCIS in a package of AOS. I read somewhere in this forum that as long as my vaccination record (from my home country) is still valid, then I do NOT need to file I-693.

So, when we had an interview, she gave us an RFE and asked us to file I-693 then send to her asap..that sucks, cause my vaccination record is still valid until this Dec.

Anyway, we have to file it and send to them, I have some questions which would be much appreciated if you guys can help us:

- I found and booked an appointment with the civil surgeon office, when I go there and ask them to file my I-693, how long until I can get the sealed package? They told me on the phone something about TB test? What is it? Do I need it? Can I refuse taking it since I don't see it on the I-693 form.. :(..I live in Alabama, and the office is in Montgomery, AL.

- After getting the package, which address of USCIS should I send to? I reside in Alabama, and my USCIS field office is in Atlanta, but I sent my original package (I-485, I-765 and I-131) to Chicago lockbox, so I should send it to Atlanta office or Chicago office??? I'm confused, hope you guys will help me.

- How long does it usually take since they get the addition evidence until I get my green-card? Cause she said she only need my I-693 then we'll be approved. (She actually gave us the approval notice then took it back :( )

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Thank you

Dont worry to much, This kind of stuff happens all the time at interveiws. They giv you an RFE and when you sedn it back they grant you your green card.

It sounds to me like watever doctor report was filed with Uscis didnt meet their tandards, or they made a mistake.

1.how long until I can get the sealed package: for us it was a couple days

2. They told me on the phone something about TB test? What is it? Do I need it?: all I-693's include a tb skin test. basically they poke you with a little needle, then you come back within a certain amount of time(I think its 2 days) and they see if you had a reaction to the test. They will measure the bump it creates.If the bump is a certain size it just means you have been exposed to TB OR had a Bcg vaccine when you were younger which creates a "false positive" result. It happened to us , its not a big deal they just take an xray to make sure you dont have TB

3. On a RFE they usually give you a letter with what you need and where to send it. If they didn't I would try to contact someone at uscis to find it where it goes, my guess is that it would go back to the officer at your local office but I am not sure.

4.as soon as they have the evidence they will produce the card. it takes a few days to make and send it to you.

Harry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dont worry to much, This kind of stuff happens all the time at interveiws. They giv you an RFE and when you sedn it back they grant you your green card.

It sounds to me like watever doctor report was filed with Uscis didnt meet their tandards, or they made a mistake.

1.how long until I can get the sealed package: for us it was a couple days

2. They told me on the phone something about TB test? What is it? Do I need it?: all I-693's include a tb skin test. basically they poke you with a little needle, then you come back within a certain amount of time(I think its 2 days) and they see if you had a reaction to the test. They will measure the bump it creates.If the bump is a certain size it just means you have been exposed to TB OR had a Bcg vaccine when you were younger which creates a "false positive" result. It happened to us , its not a big deal they just take an xray to make sure you dont have TB

3. On a RFE they usually give you a letter with what you need and where to send it. If they didn't I would try to contact someone at uscis to find it where it goes, my guess is that it would go back to the officer at your local office but I am not sure.

4.as soon as they have the evidence they will produce the card. it takes a few days to make and send it to you.

Harry

Thank you very much, Harry! Your info is really helpful...:) Edited by JohnNHenry

Henry N Giddens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.