1,196 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Khadija aktar said:

Hi I have interview at 26 March every thing was okay but my sponsorship wasn't enough they asked me to submit the sponsorship and they took my passport m I submited my spinsor ship at 10th April  is been 3 month no respons yet . I am worried when I checked my ceac it says refused???is anything wrong or it shows like that . please any one know response be . my catagorey f1 and pd 8 novembar 2010

Hi! Do they still keep your passport? Can you make an inquiry at your local embassy about your visa status?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lain said:

Hi! Do they still keep your passport? Can you make an inquiry at your local embassy about your visa status?

Helllo yes they keep my passport and other documents as well.when I cheek ceac it shows refused. I asked  us visa paage they said it in Que for a officer to rivew . 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Khadija aktar said:

Helllo yes they keep my passport and other documents as well.when I cheek ceac it shows refused. I asked  us visa paage they said it in Que for a officer to rivew . 

They kept my passport and police clearance 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Khadija aktar said:

They kept my passport and police clearance - at my interview, The consular officer told me to submit my joint sponsor. I did that on 10th April, 2018 at my visa pick up point. My passports and other necessary documents are taken by the embassy consular officer on the day of my interview. at their official  fb page I've asked about my visa status and they answered me --- Thank you for submitting the required documents.  Your case is in the queue for an officer's review.  Upon completion of the review, you will receive further communication from us.  Check the status of your case on line at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ but every time when I cheak my visa status I see my visa is refused instead of administrative processing.

3 minutes ago, Khadija aktar said:

at my interview, The consular officer told me to submit my joint sponsor. I did that on 10th April, 2018 at my visa pick up point. My passports and other necessary documents are taken by the embassy consular officer on the day of my interview. at their official  fb page I've asked about my visa status and they answered me --- Thank you for submitting the required documents.  Your case is in the queue for an officer's review.  Upon completion of the review, you will receive further communication from us.  Check the status of your case on line at https://ceac.state.gov/ce but every time when I cheak my visa status I see my visa is refused instead of administrative processing.

but every time when I cheak my visa status I see my visa is refused instead of administrative processing.

Edited by Khadija aktar

1 hour ago, Khadija aktar said:

but every time when I cheak my visa status I see my visa is refused instead of administrative processing.

Did you check the sponsor income after submitting joint sponsorship? Is it over the required amount?

How much is it, before and after submitting joint sponsor?

You should write an email or call your Embassy directly (search the email address on Embassy website).

An admin on Embassy FB cannot access the system, so he cannot give you a right answer. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
8 hours ago, Khadija aktar said:

Hello Khadija aktar... How r u.. Ur case is almost same like me.. My visa category was f1. After my interview my case is under ap processing. If u feel free don't mind.. Can i contact with u.by. Any cellphn number 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Triple28 said:

Did you check the sponsor income after submitting joint sponsorship? Is it over the required amount?

How much is it, before and after submitting joint sponsor?

You should write an email or call your Embassy directly (search the email address on Embassy website).

An admin on Embassy FB cannot access the system, so he cannot give you a right answer. 

Hi thanks for reply.yes my joint sponsorship over the requirement and its 43000. I have a question in interview they said my sponsorship not enough  is it called 221g? I will try to call the local embassy soon. I am really worried its meant to be ap but when I checked it showing refused?please of u have any idea share with me .

Timeline
On 30/06/2018 at 7:48 PM, Lain said:

Hi lain , I really need all of your help and support.  As my interview they said for joint sponsorship which I submitted 10th april . its has been 3 month I called embassy they said it's in waiting for rivew, I wonder how long it will take? By the way my sisters and her daughter went USA  and I am stuck here . I am just worried will it going to take few more years? 

3 hours ago, Khadija aktar said:

Hi thanks for reply.yes my joint sponsorship over the requirement and its 43000. I have a question in interview they said my sponsorship not enough  is it called 221g? I will try to call the local embassy soon. I am really worried its meant to be ap but when I checked it showing refused?please of u have any idea share with me .

May I know the orginal income of sponsorship before joint sponsor? As your joint sponsor's income is over the requirement so I think it is not a big problem.

Some people got Refused status before, and then it was changed to Administrative Processing and Issued. You still have a chance to get the visa because they are still reviewing your case.

When you get a refusal letter, that should be a problem. So right now, you should not worry if you called the Embassy and they told you that your case is in reviewing.

However, no one knows how long for reviewing, so what you can do right now is waiting and praying, keep contact with Embassy once a month to get an update (do not call them everyday to make them tired of you).

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 2018-07-02 at 4:47 AM, Khadija aktar said:

Hi lain , I really need all of your help and support.  As my interview they said for joint sponsorship which I submitted 10th april . its has been 3 month I called embassy they said it's in waiting for rivew, I wonder how long it will take? By the way my sisters and her daughter went USA  and I am stuck here . I am just worried will it going to take few more years? 

Hi, Khadija. It looks like they just put you on administrative processing, which will take a while for review, since your embassy looks overpacked. That’s why it is very important to get all documents ready for interview to avoid such a delays.

Anyway, don’t worry, everything will be fine, just give a call once in a while and btw, when you will check your case status on CEAC, you should see the dates, when they will touch your case it means, that they already review it. Good luck, hope you will be done soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.