Sharris

Form I-192F Expiring today (30th June)

4 posts in this topic

I noticed that the version of the I-192F form on the USCIS website expires today. The expiring version also states that no prior versions of the form are accepted, so I imagine that it will be the same for the new version. I suppose the only thing to do is wait until the new version of the form is uploaded before sending in our application, which hopefully won't take too long..

I noticed that the version of the I-192F form on the USCIS website expires today. The expiring version also states that no prior versions of the form are accepted, so I imagine that it will be the same for the new version. I suppose the only thing to do is wait until the new version of the form is uploaded before sending in our application, which hopefully won't take too long..

The expiration date you are referring to is the version number of the form. The Office of Budgets and Management (OMB) is responsible for managing all US government forms. They have an established process on how they do that. The department that wishes to have an official form submits it to the OMB and they publish it. So the OMB knows what is current, they put an expiration date on the form. If the department does not have any changes, they can elect to let the form "expire". As long as the USCIS website states they will accept the version that is on their website, you are okay. I would not wait for the new version as it may never come out as the USCIS seems to only submit new forms when they make major changes and they only accept the new version.

If the form is the most recent version and the USCIS states they accept the form dated XXXX, then use it. This process it already too long so why make it any longer by waiting on a new version of a form that may take years? They used to accept several versions of the form, but now they only accept this version since they made it a fillable form.

Dave

P.S. just to be clear here. You are talking about the I-129F--as it does have an expiration date of 06/30/2016--and not the I-192 as the I-192 expires in 2018. If you notice the instructions have a date of 2013.

Edited by Dave&Roza

The expiration date you are referring to is the version number of the form. The Office of Budgets and Management (OMB) is responsible for managing all US government forms. They have an established process on how they do that. The department that wishes to have an official form submits it to the OMB and they publish it. So the OMB knows what is current, they put an expiration date on the form. If the department does not have any changes, they can elect to let the form "expire". As long as the USCIS website states they will accept the version that is on their website, you are okay. I would not wait for the new version as it may never come out as the USCIS seems to only submit new forms when they make major changes and they only accept the new version.

If the form is the most recent version and the USCIS states they accept the form dated XXXX, then use it. This process it already too long so why make it any longer by waiting on a new version of a form that may take years? They used to accept several versions of the form, but now they only accept this version since they made it a fillable form.

Dave

P.S. just to be clear here. You are talking about the I-129F--as it does have an expiration date of 06/30/2016--and not the I-192 as the I-192 expires in 2018. If you notice the instructions have a date of 2013.

Thanks for that, the way I was understanding it was that they are guaranteed to be replacing the form

Thanks for that, the way I was understanding it was that they are guaranteed to be replacing the form

The date actually means the form must be reviewed by the OMB by that date as part of the Paperwork Reduction Act. It will be posted in the Federal Register, open to public comment, then changed or kept the same. Then it will get a new OMB date when they finish all that. They never finish the review by the dates on the form. Until a new one is posted, the current form is good.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.