Brizz

Form I-864 Part 6. Item Number 3. Evidence of Income

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody,

I am the intending immigrant. My citizenship is German, my wife is American. I am currently in the United States with a NATO2 Visa, because I am stationed there with the German Air Force. I don't file taxes in the US. My wife is a full time college student, we live together, she has no income, we don't have children.

The USCIS asked her to fill out a Form I-864. Of course she can't proof any income because she fully relies on me. According to the description on page 7, Part 6 Item Number 3.-17., 2.:

"If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse [...], you must provide evidence that his/her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status, and the intending immigrant must provide evidence that he or she is living in your residence. He or she does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying children."

Here is my question: How can I provide evidence that my income will continue?

What does the evidence usually look like? My tax returns don't say anything about continuation of my salary.

Also, how long after I obtain permanent residence status does the income have to continue?

I mean it's obvious that I won't have the job forever. Would they just be happy to see my translated pay check?

Nowhere in the instructions it is specified what this evidence needs to look like.

I also attached the Form I-864 and the instructions if someone wants to look into it.

Thank you for your help!

Florian

i-864.pdf

i-864instr.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is nothing stated about how long after you become a permanent resident that you need to continue working there. You can just provide a letter from employer stating that your job will continue even after you become a permanent resident. It can also state your position and salary, and so it also helps prove your income meets the requirement. Also provide recent pay stubs for that as well.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.