BB2021

Bank Draft to Hongkong and Singapore

26 posts in this topic

Please return and tell us what you ended up doing and how you fix this problem. Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please return and tell us what you ended up doing and how you fix this problem. Thanks

Timeline

Hi BB2021,

My wife and I had to get the COC for Singapore and send the payment via bank draft. We did this only a few months ago back in February, and it was a HUGE pain in the ###.

For us, the Singapore Police Force would not accept payment in USD. In addition, contrary to what Teddy has mentioned, they did not accept wire transfers. I would recommend that before you spend time doing anything that you email them to check what is accepted or not. The ONLY option was to have a US bank draft denominated in Singaporean currency. Teddy has mentioned Wells Fargo, but if that doesn't work out, I was able to do it through Bank of America. I am an account holder there and they got me the bank draft for free, other than the fx conversion charges.

In addition, perhaps luckily for you, it looks like the process for requesting the COC is changing, effective TOMORROW (June 21, 2016). So hopefully they have made this more efficient than when I had to do this a few months ago. Refer to their website: http://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/20160618_others_ecoc_launch

But again because it looks like they've changed the process, you are going to want to check their new instructions online and email them if there are any points of confusion. Given the process has changed, I would rely less on what people are telling you on this forum and just ask the Police Force directly. In my experience, they are reasonably responsive to emails.

Hi when I did my wife's COC for Singapore that was back in 2014 things change

Yup, the process is constantly changing and is even different from when I did it, which was only 4 months ago :) Which is why I really recommend the original poster to read the instructions from the Singapore Police Force himself and follow up with the SPF directly to clarify any uncertain areas not clearly addressed by their instructions. Given that a new process is going into effect June 21, a lot of the information out there may soon be outdated.

Timeline

Yup, the process is constantly changing and is even different from when I did it, which was only 4 months ago :) Which is why I really recommend the original poster to read the instructions from the Singapore Police Force himself and follow up with the SPF directly to clarify any uncertain areas not clearly addressed by their instructions. Given that a new process is going into effect June 21, a lot of the information out there may soon be outdated.

Timeline

JL818 and freinds who added input very much appreciated all your concerns...im so glad that u were so helpful for finding way on how to obtain it.Due im in need to get both country HK.And SG. Police clearance and having difficulties in doing the bank draft.

One more concern JL818 DID gOT THE clearance via BANK OF AMERICA IN SGD. CURRENCY? did all the forms and fingerprints ur fiancee send it all to you and the bank do it by courier to Singapore?

Please help me what is the best idea that can...be safely to do and may take quicker process..

Thank you so much and God Bless you a happier marriages...

Hi BB2021,

One more concern JL818 DID gOT THE clearance via BANK OF AMERICA IN SGD. CURRENCY?

Yes Bank of America gave me the bank draft in SGD. As mentioned, when I asked the Singapore Police Force i they would accept USD, they said no, they would only accept SGD bank draft and no wire.

did all the forms and fingerprints ur fiancee send it all to you and the bank do it by courier to Singapore?

No, I went to my local Bank of America branch and requested the bank draft, then they put in the request. It took them about 1 week to mail the bank draft from a regional office to my local branch. Then I mailed the bank draft to my fiancee in the Philippines, which took about 1 week using courier. Then my fiancee had to mail the bank draft with the COC application and supporting documentation to the Singapore Police Force, which took about another 1-2 weeks. Then it took about 2 weeks for the Singapore Police Force to prepare the COC and mail it out. Then it took about 1 month for the COC to arrive back to my fiancee.

You could probably also have your fiancee send you the documentation to consolidate and send out to the COC if that works better for you. If you have friends in Singapore that can help you do the payment in SGD instead of waiting for the bank draft that might be faster too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.