Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I always enjoy my time on vacation with my fiancé.

We don't worry then because we are together. The vacation isn't nearly long enough though.

I'm tired of waiting on the embassy. Literally hundreds of other countries and day after day many of them get their visas after only a few months while we are waiting. That's frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm so sorry to see you @dillygoose and @Halalbrother on AP still.

Little update on us. Interviewed June 20th. Didn't have medical results cause husband needed a tuberculosis culture. That completed July 25th. He sent the results yesterday with the passport as the CO officer requested on the white paper he was given. Nothing else was marked. I asked the officer if we needed AP. She asked if I meant administrative processing. I said yes. She replied that they tell applicants at the time of the interview if that is needed. I took that as we don't need it as she didn't tell us or mark it on the paper we were given.

Since the interview, we've had 4 or 5 updates. 2 are from when I emailed. The most recent update was today. I told them we sent the medical results and passport. I asked how long until we receive his visa. I also asked about how his name will be on his permanent residence card because he has five names. We'd like to drop the last two if possible. They replied with:

"Thank you for your e-mail message.

Please note that your case is currently undergoing mandatory administrative processing. The time needed to review an individuals case is difficult to predict. Once this process is complete, we will notify you of the next step in your case.

Regards,

Consular Staff"

Seems very automated or copy and paste type of reply. Especially because there is no reply to my second question. I don't know what to think. The officer gave the impression AP wasn't needed and didn't give us any paper with that indicated on it.

I'm wondering how deeply these people who reply check our cases. Yes, CEAC states we're in AP, but I just assumed it stated that because they were waiting for us to send the passport and medical results. Now, I'm not sure.

I'm luckier than most as I've been with my husband a year and a half yesterday. I've been able to live with him most of the time we've been going through the visa process. We started Oct 2014. I miss my family, home, and country. Living in Egypt is hard. I don't regret it, but my patience with life here is wearing thin.

Anyone have any insight?

I'm so sorry to see you @dillygoose and @Halalbrother on AP still.

Little update on us. Interviewed June 20th. Didn't have medical results cause husband needed a tuberculosis culture. That completed July 25th. He sent the results yesterday with the passport as the CO officer requested on the white paper he was given. Nothing else was marked. I asked the officer if we needed AP. She asked if I meant administrative processing. I said yes. She replied that they tell applicants at the time of the interview if that is needed. I took that as we don't need it as she didn't tell us or mark it on the paper we were given.

Since the interview, we've had 4 or 5 updates. 2 are from when I emailed. The most recent update was today. I told them we sent the medical results and passport. I asked how long until we receive his visa. I also asked about how his name will be on his permanent residence card because he has five names. We'd like to drop the last two if possible. They replied with:

"Thank you for your e-mail message.

Please note that your case is currently undergoing mandatory administrative processing. The time needed to review an individuals case is difficult to predict. Once this process is complete, we will notify you of the next step in your case.

Regards,

Consular Staff"

Seems very automated or copy and paste type of reply. Especially because there is no reply to my second question. I don't know what to think. The officer gave the impression AP wasn't needed and didn't give us any paper with that indicated on it.

I'm wondering how deeply these people who reply check our cases. Yes, CEAC states we're in AP, but I just assumed it stated that because they were waiting for us to send the passport and medical results. Now, I'm not sure.

I'm luckier than most as I've been with my husband a year and a half yesterday. I've been able to live with him most of the time we've been going through the visa process. We started Oct 2014. I miss my family, home, and country. Living in Egypt is hard. I don't regret it, but my patience with life here is wearing thin.

Anyone have any insight?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mari,

I understand what they're saying to you but they said same thing to me two months and now I'm five months and three days and still so I wish they really finish yours fast.

Sata,

Allahum Ameen,thank you for your wish and wish you same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.