Kehinde

What should I expect from NVC?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Now that I have received the noa2, will I be receiving paper work from the nvc? Or will they just forward the petition to Nigeria consulate?...any paperwork I need to prepare for them?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if your k1 like your profile says nvc will send the docs to the embassy in lagos , so right now u should be calling nvc to get your case number usually takes 1-3 weeks to get case number after u get u can do ds 160 , visa fee ,when the embassy gets your petition just go get the packet 3 from the embassy website and start collecting the docs it says on the list also ull schedule your medical and interview

Timeline

if your k1 like your profile says nvc will send the docs to the embassy in lagos , so right now u should be calling nvc to get your case number usually takes 1-3 weeks to get case number after u get u can do ds 160 , visa fee ,when the embassy gets your petition just go get the packet 3 from the embassy website and start collecting the docs it says on the list also ull schedule your medical and interview

Don't you have to show a paper from the packet to give for medical? And also does anybody no the Web site address for the packet.

Edited by Kehinde

Timeline

Don't you have to show a paper from the packet to give for medical? And also does anybody no the Web site address for the packet.

yeah you have to have the appointment interview letter to prove youve already set the interview

and this is packet3 link http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

Timeline

yeah you have to have the appointment interview letter to prove youve already set the interview

and this is packet3 link http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

Thanks a lot Soulstriker you have been a big help to me.

Timeline

Oh and link says to go online and schedule appt. I thought they schedule the appt.

no for k1 you schedule yourself online and u can just walk in to any of the two clinics and do medical , and welcome research pays off =)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks! Needed this...hopefully will get NVC case number this week.

K-1 PROCESS 

02/27/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/29/2016- NOA1 Received by USCIS

03/02/2016- NOA1 hard copy received
06/02/2016- Text notification of RFE

06/10/2016- RFE hard copy recv'd and response sent

06/14/2016- RFE response recv'd by USCIS

06/23/2016- Text notification of NOA2 Approval

06/27/2016- Hard copy NOA2 recv'd

07/21/2016- Case Creation Date at Nigerian Consulate

07/22/2016- Called NVC and given case number!

07/27/2016- Case updated to "Ready" status!

07/29/2016- Interview scheduled online! (Set for 8/18/16)

08/11/2016- Medical

08/18/2016- INTERVIEW DATE- APPROVED!!!

09/16/2016- POE: Chicago

11/05/2016- Became Mr. & Mrs,! 

AOS PROCESS 

03/02/2017- Mailed I-485 paperwork (I-765/ I-131 included)

03/14/2017- Check cleared!

03/15/2017-USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails received.

03/20/2017- Received all 3 hard copies of NOA1 in mail.

03/23/2017- USCIS website indicated RFIE sent for I-485 by mail 03/21/2017

03/xx/2017-Biometrics letter received (can't recall exact date but week of 3/27)

04/10/2017-Notice recv'd that RFIE was returned to USCIS; sent inquiry to re-send to same address

04/13/2017- Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.