7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I write to seek help in a situation I am in with my K1 visa application. I went for my interview about a month ago. I didn't take my Birth Certificate with me. The interview was successful, I was asked to post my Birth Certificate together with my passport and a letter I was given. I mailed the Birth Certificate and passport as required. Two weeks later I was called for a fingerprint verification and my case was put on Administrative Processing. I have never had a criminal record anywhere ever in my entire life.

When the fingerprint verification comes back without any record, will I be issued a visa? Is there anything else I have to worry about? My passport was returned to me with a letter stating that my case was placed on Administrative Processing 221g, but my original Birth Certificate was held at the Embassy.

When the fingerprint verification is completed and no negatives are found against my name will I be asked to send my passport back?

Thank you inticipation of your most valuable help.

Silentvoice

My passport was returned to me with a letter stating that my case was placed on Administrative Processing 221g

221G typically means a visa refusal, I thought. I suggest to check on this website what 221G means:

http://www.***removed*** .com/visas/221grefusal/administrative-processing-221g.html

Also, a succesful interview doesn't always garantuee you a visa. After you leave, the Consular might discover new issues or misrepresentation.

Edited by stephadams

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

I was told I will receive an email when the process is finished in 2 weeks. Will it still be refused even if the verification comes back with no records?

If you have no criminal record of any delicts on your concious (op je geweten lol), then you shouldn't worry I think. Most cases just get approved after they received the asked documents but they already asked for it in packet 3, your checklist that they send to you before the interview, so why didn't you bring it, if I may ask?

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

It was mailed from Africa, I didn't receive it in time for the interview, but after the interview I requested another and had it sent by a good Sameritan who was traveling to Europe. I posted it within a week. Luckily.

Are you Dutch?

Ik weet 100% zeker dat ik geen probleem heeft met een strafblad. Ik ben een heel rustig man met een hoog opleidingsniveau. Niets te maken met criminaliteit of slecht mensen. Zulke persoon ben ik gewoon niet.

Ja, ik ben Nederlands. Ik voorzie dan ook geen problemen qua criminele achtergronden. AP 221g is voor jou dan tijdelijk denk ik, maar evenal verkeerd aangeleverd een kans op afwijzing.

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.