3600rs

Please Advice: How long until I get my Oath Letter.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

:)

I have received "Oath Letter Mailed..." on my text and email on June 3rd, please advice how many days to see the Letter of Oath in the mail box.

There have been some cases where mail is lost on the way, and people have missed Oaths. Is there anything I can do to be proactive about this issue.

TIA.

it usually take not more than 5 business days and a Saturday for anyone to get the mail.i would suggest you two things

1) Call USCIS, talk to the IO, they can tell you the exact date when the letter was mailed. (just to get an idea)

2) If the address on the file is that of an apartment/townhouse/Unit where the mailboxes are right next to one of neighbors, make sure you put a name on the mailbox so that the mailman/woman can not make a mistake of putting the mail in the wrong box. just a precautions. i would jump out of bed and speak to the IO again to ask the oath location and time and have them send another letter if it has been like a week or something since they originally mailed the letter.

Edited by almost_umrican

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'd give it one calendar week max -- this Friday.

BTW- How long did it take Orlando USCIS to put you in line (or update your online status) after your interview?

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

Thanks Almost.

ryna: Interview was on 10th, IO told me Oath will take 3 weeks or so, got inline on 17th. Almost at the 30 day mark soon. These timelines are highly variable at local office level, all depends on the rush.

Thanks. I just remember the GC process. My wife was given 'a decision can not be made' letter at the interview in the morning but she received the 'GC in Production' text later that same day. On the other hand, last week she received the 'recommended for approval' and has heard nothing as of yet. But, it has been less than a week so I'm hoping she's in line either later this week or early next week.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Thanks. I just remember the GC process. My wife was given 'a decision can not be made' letter at the interview in the morning but she received the 'GC in Production' text later that same day. On the other hand, last week she received the 'recommended for approval' and has heard nothing as of yet. But, it has been less than a week so I'm hoping she's in line either later this week or early next week.

i have been waiting for more than 90 days for my oath.i am going to petition for a writ of mandamus after 120 days is what i have planned.

Timeline

i have been waiting for more than 90 days for my oath.i am going to petition for a writ of mandamus after 120 days is what i have planned.

Wow! That's ridiculous!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Yes, I have heard abt the wirt after the 120 mark, its the ultimate brute method to force adjudication make make the slow and stagnant move.

But the writ must be filed by an immigration lawyer. Its an expensive process I hear.

Yes it has always been variable for different people at different times and for different applications.

Yes, I have heard abt the wirt after the 120 mark, its the ultimate brute method to force adjudication make make the slow and stagnant move.

But the writ must be filed by an immigration lawyer. Its an expensive process I hear.

you are right. USCIS will have 30(upto 60 days to respond).normally it is filed when the decision on the application is not made. in my case, it has been made but been a while for the oath.

you are right. USCIS will have 30(upto 60 days to respond).normally it is filed when the decision on the application is not made. in my case, it has been made but been a while for the oath.

The writ will be made by lawyer, but even before that, the lawyer will/should try to fix the matter at the local USCIS office.

One person at the local office told me, that you can even meet the IO who has taken your interview. Infact the person whose n400 was delayed after the interview, took the infopass, the first officer directly contacted the officer who took the interview.

The officer came below to the meeting area, they had a face to face conversation about the delay.

This happens probably on a case by case basis, but it is still an option you want to look into.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.