Hassel

F1 Visa and Administrative Processing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys, my father(naturalized US citizen) petitioned my sister under the F1 Family Visa, she is single (never been married), no kids, 34 years old. She had her interview on may 2nd at the american embassy in Peru. The consular officer told her that all her documents were excellent but that she needed to provide two more documents: the affidavit's W2 and her police records from the time that she lived in Chile. The consular officer told her to send those documents along with her passport through DHL. Now, it has been at least 16 years since she's been to Chile and she has only lived there for one year, anyway she went to the chilean embassy and got that document (btw she has a clean record in Chile as well as in Peru) and also she received the W2 from us. My sister sent those documents along with her passport three days later after her interview. The American Embassy received those documents on the 9th of May, and the NVC website updated her case on the 10th of May to Administrative Processing. It has been almost a month and her case is still in Administrative Processing, does anybody know why it is taking so long? I mean she has no records anywhere and the W2 is a pretty easy document to verify..has anybody been through this? Any thoughts on how long this may take? If anybody could provide some information i would really really appreciate it, thank you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country:
Timeline

my situation is like your sister, but I lived just in my country and never lived in other countries. I had my interview on june 9 in Abu dhabi and since then I am under AP. hope your sister AP goes to Ready and Issued soon... Pray 4 me too... positeve vibes and finger crossed :)

you are from paterson NJ. my family (and hope soon myself )from Garfield NJ :D

Edited by Sata

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.