fakeamerican

I130 no confirmation received

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi all,

Sent i130 petition for my wife on april 29. Its been one month now and i havent gotten any text/mail/email reply from the chicago lockbox. Is there any way for me to check the status??

Frank

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

Sent i130 petition for my wife on april 29. Its been one month now and i havent gotten any text/mail/email reply from the chicago lockbox. Is there any way for me to check the status??

Frank

Was the check cashed?

Timeline

Thx for ur reply.

Ive just realize that i did not submit many documents needed including the check.

All i have submitted are the i130 form and my passport copy to the chicago lockbox.

Should i start over and submit everything again or just wait until i get a response from them?

Timeline

Thx for ur reply.

Ive just realize that i did not submit many documents needed including the check.

All i have submitted are the i130 form and my passport copy to the chicago lockbox.

Should i start over and submit everything again or just wait until i get a response from them?

Without that check your docs have been rejected automatically at the lockbox and return to you.

I would have start over from scratch. Yes you need ALOT more than just that I-130 and your passport copy.

Click on the guides up top and click on cr1/Ir1 option. It's very helpful.

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

Also it says they need some document proof besides our marriage cert but we dont have anything on hand,what would be the easiest document to get or apply for?

They are looking for anything to prove that the marriage is indeed bonafide (real) Do you have any property together, joint bank account, wedding photo, honeymoon photo/receipt, children together (birth certificates), beneficiary on life insurance?

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

We only have wedding photos but thats about it. We have only been married for 2 months and renting an apt at the moment. I hope that photos would be enough.

Also for the application fee, since im not living in the states right now is it possible to ask someone to write a check for me or does it have to be in my name?

Thx for the help!

Timeline

We only have wedding photos but thats about it. We have only been married for 2 months and renting an apt at the moment. I hope that photos would be enough.

Also for the application fee, since im not living in the states right now is it possible to ask someone to write a check for me or does it have to be in my name?

Thx for the help!

You guys are living together then it should be quite easy to show things commingling.

I was married for 2 month before I filed. Before I left Jamaica my husband added me to his account and life insurance. I too added him to my life insurance here. That's what we sent in along with honeymoon photos/receipt, wedding photos, marriage certificate, birth certificates, my husband and I passport photo, g-253A for EACH person and my proof of citizenship and of course the check.

Not sure how you can get the check but it has to be in US currency. Maybe you should post that question in your country forum. However the check can be from anyone as long as it's in US currency and submitted with the application.

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

We r living in Hong kong

Btw my wife has a canadian passport...does it make any difference for the petition process?

No it wouldn't make a difference.

FYI: Just a heads up, Your wife will need a police certificate from Canada, Hong Kong and any country that she has lived for more than 1 year after the age of 16. This certificate is not needed at this stage but at the NVC once the I-130 is approved.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thx for the help!

Edited by Caykay1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.