3CHI

Loving a man from a Highly Corrupt Nigeria

23 posts in this topic

A very good post 3CHI with some very good sound advice. I've been missing in action from VJ and just dropped in to read up. My advice and three keys to the masses ..communication, compromise and respect goes a long way!! We are still in it to win it with a few bumps and bruises along the way. :)

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just wish my fiance can see this post,friends have been telling her things about Nigeria, not all Nigerians are have hidden agenda, we are all humans and we have feelings, I love my Angel so much,she is my best friend and my one and only true love. most Nigerian ladies can't endure what she has endured,and I've vowed to love her for the rest of my life and I welcome her to the Yoruba clan

California Service Center
2016-09-08-I-129f petition was received by USCIS
2016-09-12-NOA1 Text and Email
2016-09-16-NOA1 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-03-NOA2 Text and Email (21 days)
2016-10-04-NOA2 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-20-NVC Received (16 days)
2016-10-24-Case Number Received and Hard Copy
2016-10-25- Lagos Consulate Received
2016-11-08- Updated by the Embassy and said Ready for Interview
2017-01-10-Medical
2017-01-26-Interview-APPROVED
2017-01-31-Visa Issued
2017-02-06-Visa in Hand
2017-02-09- POE -- IAD 
Xu1rYa7NJo6b.jpgXu1rp1.png?t=1&C876mYOC

Timeline

I just wish my fiance can see this post,friends have been telling her things about Nigeria, not all Nigerians are have hidden agenda, we are all humans and we have feelings, I love my Angel so much,she is my best friend and my one and only true love. most Nigerian ladies can't endure what she has endured,and I've vowed to love her for the rest of my life and I welcome her to the Yoruba clan

You are wonderful! It will be another success story. Love with no borders and not judging by origins

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It has been successful! I wrote this post because I spent lots and lots of time getting to know him! If was angry at me, he never let on. This is a man who knows I work 12 -15 hours a day now and he helps me around the house and I have no problem making sure he has his native soup and "swallow". It is about sacrifice and if neither of us want to look at each others sacrifices.. then we literally blind or really really selfish.

Tips of an American .. through marriage now an AFRICAN!

• Spend time cooking from You Tube videos: Egusi, Vegetable or Stew before he gets here. (do not make him eat American! come on now!)
  • A clear budget on finances and being able to communicate about it.

If you can master the talk of money and food... and don't be surprised if you have to teach him how to hug and kiss! My husband had really worked hard at learning me. But, I am also considered an IRON LADY.. and that I guess is easier for him to handle (or so he says). Most men wont do well if you are a DRAMA QUEEN.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I am not making him do anything but he has a choice to adapt to different foods here or cook himself ! I do not like most Nigerian dishes and we both have to cpromise but that doesn't mean I am cooking . Why should he not try western type dishes, I don't feel compelled to cook Nigerian food after a long days work and told him from day one if he wants to eat he can eat what is prepared or feel free to cook too. Never had issues with hugs and affection, it depends on each person's personality not true that most Africans can't show affection. I agree with some points of your post but not all.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I will remain who I am, German American and find the Euro culture closer to African culture than American culture. I believe it's important to remain who you are and never lose your identity for anyone. Merge respectfully into a functioning unit but keep things real on who you are. I think that is so important for women.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hmm not a bad post , im nigerian american so not all of this applies to me , but for ppl who arent of deep African decent this is defiantly helpful

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It has been successful! I wrote this post because I spent lots and lots of time getting to know him! If was angry at me, he never let on. This is a man who knows I work 12 -15 hours a day now and he helps me around the house and I have no problem making sure he has his native soup and "swallow". It is about sacrifice and if neither of us want to look at each others sacrifices.. then we literally blind or really really selfish.

Tips of an American .. through marriage now an AFRICAN!

• Spend time cooking from You Tube videos: Egusi, Vegetable or Stew before he gets here. (do not make him eat American! come on now!)
  • A clear budget on finances and being able to communicate about it.

If you can master the talk of money and food... and don't be surprised if you have to teach him how to hug and kiss! My husband had really worked hard at learning me. But, I am also considered an IRON LADY.. and that I guess is easier for him to handle (or so he says). Most men wont do well if you are a DRAMA QUEEN.

OK. All of this is me too. And I was thinking it's only with me and it's something wrong with me.

- I do like to cook and learn local food any country I visit, I cook very well South American, Asian food and now learning African and specifically Nigerian food which I like and don't see it difficult yet still my fiance makes better Eguzi soup. I lived many years abroad and I do understand Nigerians not liking the American food too much, it's mostly all about the flavor and spicy hot paper, veggies. I love to cook for my man and I will, I enjoy my family around the table and happy.

- Finances it's still not easy, the prices in Nigeria are too high and I am always trying to save money as all travels it's a lot of spending, he still believes I am stingy and for Americans $300-400 are peanuts. Let's wait when he starts working and living here.

- teach how to hug and kiss??? Now I see, I did think it's something wrong with me, it looks like he is not used to show his feelings, emotions and even hides them. I did get thim talking from his heart when he was feeling like losing me, not an easy man but I see me being nice to him and also teaching some loving tricks to the baby (his baby coming to live with us), we will soften his heart.

Lol, drama queen, sometimes we women are, it's our hormones, our female nature, grown up men know it, mine knows and he is very mature in understanding and finding the right words.

And all I can add to 3CHI advice is define for you both how important and strong your love is and the desire to be together, say it to each other and ... forgive each other in all misunderstandings, learn about each other every day and keep it going, with more time if it's the real love, it goes better and better, understand yourself first, what do you need, who do you need and how serious are you about this relationship, then all details will be just details and giving and receiving

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.