Lavender7

Is it really impossible to do DCF in the Republic of Georgia ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello dear VisaJourney community members! I am really glad I've discovered this amazing website, it seems to be extremely helpful and full of all kinds of needed info regarding Visas . I will try to explain our story as short as possible and then ask some questions :rolleyes:

Me (Georgian citizen from Tbilisi) and my husband (American Citizen by birth from Pennsylvania) met in the beginning of 2013 online. After having distant relationship for around 8 months I've decided to apply for my B1B2 visa to visit him in the U.S. because I could not stand the distance anymore. Surprisingly, even after some horror stories from others about obtaining visas to the U.S. I got my B1B2 right away. So in September 2013 I went to the States to see my then bf and stayed there for 3 months. Afterwards we together came back to Tbilisi and stayed here for 6 months. In summer 2014 we went back to the states (suing my present b1b2 visa) and stayed another 6 months there. I never overstayed on neither of my two visits in the States. Although, last time I was given 6 months period by the officer at the airport and I did used it up completely, left the day when it was turning 6 months of my stay there. During my second stay in the U.S. we got married in September 2014. Long story short, we are both here now, in Tbilisi for almost two years since we left States. So here comes the most important, we want to apply for Green Card really soon, (October 2016) and before that we are planning on having a child here in my country and then when I get my GC(IF I get it , hopefully I will!) move back to the U.S. Now, the thing is that I am trying to do the right timing, with the baby and the Green Card so everything works out as smooth as possible with minimal complications. We are planning to have a baby by March 2017, when my GC application will be already processing etc. So here are the questions:

1. Although we've pretty much decided to have a child here, due to lower costs of childbirth compared to the United States, I am still very interested on what would you guys suggest about that, should we wait until I get my GC and move to the States to have a baby or have it here...? :unsure:

2. DCF this is a huge question I am having for a long time and trying to figure our whether or not we can do the direct consular filing in Tbilisi. Some say it would be only possible if Georgia had USCIS office but it doesn't, hence we can't do the DCF which apparently would make the process a little faster and easier? Or am I wrong? Since my husband lives here for much longer then 6 months continuously(will be 2 years in december 2016) and has Georgian permanent residency , we should qualify for DCF.

If anyone has any info about DCF in Tbilisi please comment I would appreciate that immensely :yes::yes::yes:

3. If our child is born here in Tbilisi, will he or she become an American Citizen by default considering the fact that father is citizen by birth holding an American passport ? :energy:

4. How long it would take me to get my CG as I am applying from Georgia? I think there are some time differences between countries of application. And also how much would it cost me in total?

For now these are all the questions I can think of , more will come to me later after your kind responses :whistle:

Cheers!

Nini

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi and welcome to the journey :-)

1) That's up to you and depends on your personal situation.

2) There's no field office in Georgia, so no DCF available. You will need to file your I-130 petition with the Chicago lockbox.

3) Yes, you need to register the baby at the embassy to obtain a passport etc.

4) Currently the spouse visa takes about a year. It's not very different between countries.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Hi and welcome to the journey :-)

1) That's up to you and depends on your personal situation.

2) There's no field office in Georgia, so no DCF available. You will need to file your I-130 petition with the Chicago lockbox.

3) Yes, you need to register the baby at the embassy to obtain a passport etc.

4) Currently the spouse visa takes about a year. It's not very different between countries.

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello dear VisaJourney community members! I am really glad I've discovered this amazing website, it seems to be extremely helpful and full of all kinds of needed info regarding Visas . I will try to explain our story as short as possible and then ask some questions :rolleyes:

Me (Georgian citizen from Tbilisi) and my husband (American Citizen by birth from Pennsylvania) met in the beginning of 2013 online. After having distant relationship for around 8 months I've decided to apply for my B1B2 visa to visit him in the U.S. because I could not stand the distance anymore. Surprisingly, even after some horror stories from others about obtaining visas to the U.S. I got my B1B2 right away. So in September 2013 I went to the States to see my then bf and stayed there for 3 months. Afterwards we together came back to Tbilisi and stayed here for 6 months. In summer 2014 we went back to the states (suing my present b1b2 visa) and stayed another 6 months there. I never overstayed on neither of my two visits in the States. Although, last time I was given 6 months period by the officer at the airport and I did used it up completely, left the day when it was turning 6 months of my stay there. During my second stay in the U.S. we got married in September 2014. Long story short, we are both here now, in Tbilisi for almost two years since we left States. So here comes the most important, we want to apply for Green Card really soon, (October 2016) and before that we are planning on having a child here in my country and then when I get my GC(IF I get it , hopefully I will!) move back to the U.S. Now, the thing is that I am trying to do the right timing, with the baby and the Green Card so everything works out as smooth as possible with minimal complications. We are planning to have a baby by March 2017, when my GC application will be already processing etc. So here are the questions:

1. Although we've pretty much decided to have a child here, due to lower costs of childbirth compared to the United States, I am still very interested on what would you guys suggest about that, should we wait until I get my GC and move to the States to have a baby or have it here...? :unsure:

2. DCF this is a huge question I am having for a long time and trying to figure our whether or not we can do the direct consular filing in Tbilisi. Some say it would be only possible if Georgia had USCIS office but it doesn't, hence we can't do the DCF which apparently would make the process a little faster and easier? Or am I wrong? Since my husband lives here for much longer then 6 months continuously(will be 2 years in december 2016) and has Georgian permanent residency , we should qualify for DCF.

If anyone has any info about DCF in Tbilisi please comment I would appreciate that immensely :yes::yes::yes:

3. If our child is born here in Tbilisi, will he or she become an American Citizen by default considering the fact that father is citizen by birth holding an American passport ? :energy:

4. How long it would take me to get my CG as I am applying from Georgia? I think there are some time differences between countries of application. And also how much would it cost me in total?

For now these are all the questions I can think of , more will come to me later after your kind responses :whistle:

Cheers!

Nini

Hi! I Suggest by the due date to come to USA,to have baby in USA. It is a long and hard process and with baby for (her or his) citizenship it will be another process.

Hi! I Suggest by the due date to come to USA,to have baby in USA. It is a long and hard process and with baby for (her or his) citizenship it will be another process.

Well since the childbirth costs in the States are much more expensive then here I would probably still do it here , plus Most children born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent(s) acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. As soon as possible after the birth, the U.S. citizen parent(s) should contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. :idea:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

:thumbs: Its up to you. I just suggest. Good luck!

Well since the childbirth costs in the States are much more expensive then here I would probably still do it here , plus Most children born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent(s) acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. As soon as possible after the birth, the U.S. citizen parent(s) should contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. :idea:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.