cdancer

My EAD CONCERNS? ANY SUGGESTIONS

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hI CANUCKS! I POSTED ON THE EAD SECTION, BUT WAS WONDERING IF

MY FELLOW CANUCKS HAVE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?

I AM GETTING CONCERNED HERE...I FILED MY EAD 26 JANUARY, NOA FEB2.

TO THIS DATE MY HUSBAND (IN PORTLAND OR.)HAS NOT RECEIVED A LETTER

FOR MY BIOMETRICS APPT.???

IS THIS NORMAL THAT I HAVE TO WAIT THIS LONG???

I SEE OTHER PEOPLES HISTORY SHOWING IT TAKES ABOUT

AN AVERAGE OF 10 -21 DAYS AFTER...TO DO THE APPT. AT THIS MOMENT I AM

STILL IN CANADA FINISHING UP MY JOB. THE TOLL FREE NUMBER LISTED ON MY

NOA DOES NOT WORK FROM CANADA. I HAVE TRIED DOING A GOOGLE SEARCH

FOR THE USCIS CALIFORNIA LOCAL PHONE NUMBER AND TO NO AVAIL.

I AM TRACKING MY CASE NUMBER AND IT WAS LAST TOUCHED 22 FEB.

ANYBODY GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE???

THANKS IN ADVANCE

DENISE

Do all EAD applicants get sent for biometrics? I'm not sure if this is the case.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
Do all EAD applicants get sent for biometrics? I'm not sure if this is the case.

it says in my NOA that a Biometric letter of appt will be sent to me!

that is what is concerning me!!! as I have not received it yet and there

is no one I can call to verify if this letter was ever sent out?

This letter is way overdue!

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, everyone does. They put your fingerprint on the back of the EAD card even. No fingerprint, no card I would imagine.

Make an Infopass appointment at your district office, they may be able to trace your biometrics letter.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

Yes, everyone does. They put your fingerprint on the back of the EAD card even. No fingerprint, no card I would imagine.

Make an Infopass appointment at your district office, they may be able to trace your biometrics letter.

good advice, I will make an info pass appointment when I get moved to portland! I was really hoping this would kick in fast so I can get my CAD EI.

Timeline

Hi I'm following your journey also as i"m doing the same thing,I couldn't find too much info either.I'm wondering if we can get stuff started at EI before the move then fax info needed to EI.As soon as I find out how long it takes to get my record of employment. When are you planning to make your final move?I'm not leaving till July 2nd.I'll keep searching also Good Luck

wedding 2006-06-03

i130

2006-06-24.......mailed

06-07-18.......noa1

09-19.......touched[li

09-20.......rfe sent

09-25.......rfe mailed back

10-02.......rfe email received uscis

10-03.......touched

12-12.......APPROVED

i129f

06-08-21......mailed

06-08-29.....noa1

06-09-02....touched

06-09-09....touched

06-10-20...touched ...sent to csc

06-10-27...touched

06-11-15...APPROVED 07-03-08 interview and visa approved

1. EAD.... sent may 13
  2. biometrics.....june 13
  3. ead transfer to csc.....july 13

4. EAD card in production

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi I'm following your journey also as i"m doing the same thing,I couldn't find too much info either.I'm wondering if we can get stuff started at EI before the move then fax info needed to EI.As soon as I find out how long it takes to get my record of employment. When are you planning to make your final move?I'm not leaving till July 2nd.I'll keep searching also Good Luck

I didnt know about EI until I got tothe USA. Phoned the 1 800, discussed my situation. They emailed me how to start up an EI claim. I belive one may have a certain amount of time, but one could call them up when ever and find out the info from them, they are a good bunch.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Hi

I spoke to EI a few month ago to find out how I go about collecting while living in the USA.

It was said as soon as I get my separation slip.."register right away" this can be done online.

When you receive

your EAD (for proof that you are available for work in the USA) your EI will kick in and

they can pay the benefits directly into your canadian bank account! bonus! then I can

take the funds out via my bank card in the USA.

It was also suggested: reason for leaving employment, make sure is says relocating to

the USA due to marriage.

so as you can see why I am hot to trot to get my biometrics appt. the faster I can collect

EI.

My official move date is April 1st (April fools day and lets hope thats not an OMAN!!!! LOL)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

I spoke to EI a few month ago to find out how I go about collecting while living in the USA.

It was said as soon as I get my separation slip.."register right away" this can be done online.

When you receive

your EAD (for proof that you are available for work in the USA) your EI will kick in and

they can pay the benefits directly into your canadian bank account! bonus! then I can

It was also suggested: reason for leaving employment, make sure is says relocating to

the USA due to marriage.

so as you can see why I am hot to trot to get my biometrics appt. the faster I can collect

EI.

My official move date is April 1st (April fools day and lets hope thats not an OMAN!!!! LOL)

If u get them transferred into ur cdn account, i would recommend CustomHouse.com tyo transfer the $$ into ur USA acct. No fees and better exchange rate!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

cdancer, we applied for EAD the same time as you and have been approved. Card is "in the mail." Try InfoPass. Good luck sorting it out.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline
cdancer, we applied for EAD the same time as you and have been approved. Card is "in the mail." Try InfoPass. Good luck sorting it out.

Hey Jersey Girl

well congrats to you for getting your EAD so fast!

I tryed the InfoPass website and looking for an appt. the first week of April.

the calendar was blacked out for the dates??? whats with that??? do they only

take appointments so many days in advance???

I am looking at the Portland Oregon Calendar.

Hi

When you receive

the USA due to marriage.

EI.

If u get them transferred into ur cdn account, i would recommend CustomHouse.com tyo transfer the $$ into ur USA acct. No fees and better exchange rate!!

thanks for the tip!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.