IamAGeek

Delayed/Separate Submission of I-130 for K4

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear All,

My husband submitted the I-130 package for me alone last Feb '07 and already got the NOA1 for this. He was not able to submit I-130 for our daughter (since we do not know it that she has to have her separate I-130 petition). He already sent I-129F and just waiting for the NOA1 in the mail. Though we are planning for the K-3 process, we are open to the idea that we may push for CR-1 if the time difference is not that big. I tried to call USCIS hotline, but to no avail. The customer rep's answer to my query is kinda blurry. My question is....

when is the best time to send our daughter's I-130 petition?

should we wait for NOA1(I-129F) to arrive in the mail?

should we wait for NOA2(I-130)?if i will do so, will it affect my I-130's approval timeline?

should we send her (daughter) I-130 when we are already in the US? this means that we will go for K-3 all the way?

The most important consideration here is that I WANT TO TRAVEL TO THE USA WITH MY DAUGHTER AT THE SAME TIME.

Regards,

Tingting

Filed: Timeline

Tingting,

The best time to submit I-130s for your daughters was when the I-130 for you was submitted. Having missed that, the next best time is tomorrow, since the post office is already closed today (where I am, anyway).

Yodrak

Dear All,

My husband submitted the I-130 package for me alone last Feb '07 and already got the NOA1 for this. He was not able to submit I-130 for our daughter (since we do not know it that she has to have her separate I-130 petition). He already sent I-129F and just waiting for the NOA1 in the mail. Though we are planning for the K-3 process, we are open to the idea that we may push for CR-1 if the time difference is not that big. I tried to call USCIS hotline, but to no avail. The customer rep's answer to my query is kinda blurry. My question is....

should we wait for NOA2(I-130)?if i will do so, will it affect my I-130's approval timeline?

should we send her (daughter) I-130 when we are already in the US? this means that we will go for K-3 all the way?

The most important consideration here is that I WANT TO TRAVEL TO THE USA WITH MY DAUGHTER AT THE SAME TIME.

Regards,

Tingting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Tingting,

The best time to submit I-130s for your daughters was when the I-130 for you was submitted. Having missed that, the next best time is tomorrow, since the post office is already closed today (where I am, anyway).

Yodrak

Dear All,

Regards,

Tingting

well my husband sent our daughter I-130 the same time he sent mine. since they are two different cases we got the NOA-1 at the same time. so send her I-130 asap so it wont be a delay. good luck!

well i havent been on for 6 months but im back!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.