LRH15

Tax filing for DCF

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i want to ask if my husband still needs to file for tax this april 18 even if he doesnt work for the past 6 months that hes staying here with me in the philippines.he just got out of the military 7 months ago.before hes doing his taxes on base but now we dont know if we still need to file.second he only got forms w2s from 2012-2015 and forms 8879,8880 and 1040s for year 2013 and 2014 will it be enough or do we still need more papers than that?were planning to file in US embassy manila by the end of the month.thats why we want flto gather all the papers we need before we start.thank you

P.S.right now,our income only comes from his savings thats left and my parents assistance and both of us are not currently working

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Since you are filing for the immigration visa after the due date for Year 2015 tax return, you need a 2015 tax return. This is an absolute requirement even with a Joint Sponsor. The W-2 by itself is not enough.

No 2015 tax return = no visa.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im sorry if i ask too much but i just dont reall know about how US taxes are done.we just talked to our potential joint sponsor and said he can only provide tax return transcript from 2014-2015 and tax return 1040 for 2013.are they jst the same papers?and is it just fine if he wont provide us w2?

To share, when I had my interview in USEM the pre-screener asked for our joint sponsor sponsor's W2 but we didn't have it so he just told us that it's gonna be the discretion of the CO if he will approve us without W2, luckily the CO did not ask for it.

They only took our joint sponsors I-864 and 2015 ITR transcript and BC.

Im sorry if i ask too much but i just dont reall know about how US taxes are done.we just talked to our potential joint sponsor and said he can only provide tax return transcript from 2014-2015 and tax return 1040 for 2013.are they jst the same papers?and is it just fine if he wont provide us w2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Go to a site like taxact.com the federal are done for free electronically and the state is 29.99 USD you just have to put in the amounts of the boxes they ask for off of your W2"s it is easy enough to do.......He has to do even if he gets a co-signer. Goodluck and hope everything works out well!!!!!!

12/20/2014 Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

12/22/2014 Signed by Lockbox Staff

12/24/2014 Text and Emailed that it was received by TSC

12/29/2014 Got Hardcopy of NOA 1 in mail.

01/26/2015 Got Hardcopy of NOA 2 in mail

02/05/2015 Called NVC had a case number given to me.

02/18/2015 Case sent to Thailand Embassy.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

W-2s are not necessary when providing a tax transcript. You will only need the Joint Sponsor's 2015 tax transcript.

Google "file US tax return online" and choose from one of those options. A simple federal return is usually free. They will charge for a state tax return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.