SeaTurtis

CR1, or K3,k4?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hellow again, well today I find out some crappy news which at this point changes everything for me.

Obviously when I was first reading dirextly from uscis website they still i struct you to file as follows, i-130 then i-129f for a K3.

Was not till months later i find this forum and everyone telling me CR1 is the way to go.

That would be fine if USCIS told me this in the first place and origional planning a K3,4 which USCIS tells you to file only 1 i-130 which includes her children.

So its been over six months since my filing date, im expecting approval any day on the ONE I-130 and today i find out To get a CR1 i have to file i139 for all 3. Putting us another Year off.

And to be honest its pretty simple at this point. I follow through with the K3,k4 in spite of the extra costs or I move to asia and forget about immigration to the us for a while.

Its been nearly a year and i suppose it would not be so bad if theh could visit but planing to move to usa screws you for a tourist visa.

So i am not quite clear if im being advised about the CR1 most people tell me I can NOT get a K3,4 visa anymore but then spend ten minutes explaining why the CR1 is cheaper and better.

I still dont know if im being told that I can Not possibly file K3 or it just costs more.

At this point my family and I are tored of the bs and if a K3 is not possible i e we now have to wait another 6 months for 2 more i130s forms while im expected to work and reflect income in the us and they are expected to wait in asia its just too much.

It would have been fine if USCIS didnt have the Step by step information telling you to file EXAXTLY as I filed and only when I decide to hire a consultant do i realize i should have filed 3- i-130 forms.

So honestly can i follow through with k3,4 or do i scrap it all and move to asia my self?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You PROBABLY cannot get the K3, as NVC will close that path and give you no choice, but a few rare ones do get through. In most cases, the CR-1 is superior, which is why we suggest not even trying for the K3.

You can of course move to your spouses country if you wish; another option is to file the extra paperwork for the kids now, and request expedite based on the mother's visa already in progress. This is usually granted.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.