TheResistance

Travel Tax??

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We pay similar fees...it's included in the cost of our tickets. Get over it...It's nominal. Regardless of how "crooked" the folks are at the airport...and, they are...the fees/taxes aren't completely out of line. Even I had to pay to get out of the country...as an American. Not sure of your personal experience...nonetheless...that's just life on the planet.

We pay similar fees...it's included in the cost of our tickets. Get over it...It's nominal and normal. Regardless of how "crooked" the folks are at the airport...and, they are...the fees/taxes aren't completely out of line. Even I had to pay to get out of the country...as an American. Not sure of your personal experience...nonetheless...that's just life on the planet. Is what it is and you're never gonna change it, no matter how much you b!tch about it. Go with the flow.

Edited by Ed and Gina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We pay similar fees...it's included in the cost of our tickets. Get over it...It's nominal and normal. Regardless of how "crooked" the folks are at the airport...and, they are...the fees/taxes aren't completely out of line. Even I had to pay to get out of the country...as an American. Not sure of your personal experience...nonetheless...that's just life on the planet. Is what it is and you're never gonna change it, no matter how much you b!tch about it. Go with the flow.

Oh, I never "go with the flow." I was known to have people hang up the phone on me, and I fly to their place of business. When I am upset about something, I find ways to change things or discuss things. I was known by the TSA as a code, which I will not discuss here, because I do fight them. I have the Singapore security my attitude when they wanted to search my stuff last summer, and I made sure they did not! I declared nothing either I bought. Not making me pay more money. Nope! I get companies to comply at times. Any losing battles, I come up with new strategies. So, I can complain or whatnot, because it usually means I will initiated an action one way or another because I do not conform to this sinful society of a mudball world. I wait, patently, to make the right move. So not one needs to worry their minds about how I think. Just give me the facts. These taxes, yes, evil and wrong. No one has to agree, but do not ever dare try to tell me I am wrong in my thinking. If someone does not like what I say, they do not have to reply back and retaliate if they got nothing positive to bring to my posts.

But thanks for the "positive" comments about the tax to those that provided it.

Edited by TheResistance

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The good people of the Philippines have been fighting corruption for decades. Some of the news and expose's that I've seen on Philippine TV is encouraging. The People and the Media are doing what they can to expose corruption - at great risk to themselves and their families. Unfortunately, it seems that it will take decades or a "ruthless" president (like Marcos) to make effective changes - the corruption is so ingrained and entrenched. I suppose that the price paid at the terminal for entry/exit fees (akin to money-changers?) is much less devastating than being pulled in for having a planted bullet placed in one's luggage - as has happened too many times over the past year. True, much must be done to improve things there...such as an improved economy - decent paying jobs that would keep families together rather than strewn around the world. Or, access to affordable and reasonable healthcare (not suggesting O-BummerCare)...there are many many other battles to be fought in this "mudball" world. Seems that the more things change, the more they remain the same. We would be hard-pressed to identify an era, civilization or a society that hasn't been deemed errant, sinful or gone astray. If we assume an elevated personal view over society, we're likely to encounter considerable resistance rather than co-operation that could result in progress.

Timeline

The good people of the Philippines have been fighting corruption for decades. Some of the news and expose's that I've seen on Philippine TV is encouraging. The People and the Media are doing what they can to expose corruption - at great risk to themselves and their families. Unfortunately, it seems that it will take decades or a "ruthless" president (like Marcos) to make effective changes - the corruption is so ingrained and entrenched. I suppose that the price paid at the terminal for entry/exit fees (akin to money-changers?) is much less devastating than being pulled in for having a planted bullet placed in one's luggage - as has happened too many times over the past year. True, much must be done to improve things there...such as an improved economy - decent paying jobs that would keep families together rather than strewn around the world. Or, access to affordable and reasonable healthcare (not suggesting O-BummerCare)...there are many many other battles to be fought in this "mudball" world. Seems that the more things change, the more they remain the same. We would be hard-pressed to identify an era, civilization or a society that hasn't been deemed errant, sinful or gone astray. If we assume an elevated personal view over society, we're likely to encounter considerable resistance rather than co-operation that could result in progress.

Mhm... been watching up on the bullet bit for months. The news not show it all too, so I have to get the inside scoop at times from others. Yea, security (personnel) in Iloilo did not like it much when I asked about it, but that is what I do. I dig. Way too many problems people deal with, I agree. The way I see things, what one sees as a little inconvenience, or something to just deal with, that person needs to have more respect for the people that the "little inconvenience" it affects majorly and have everlasting, devastating results on people and families. After what I have witnessed and gone through since decades past, I never see people "complain." They, to me, state facts in an emotional state and I respect other people's problems for what they go through, because I know how people can suffer.

Well, tax inquiries completed. Thanks.

And, kudos to the name of the health plan of destruction. I got a giggle. In sad truth, I have seen that "idea" ruin many lives, and literally kill (including sick family members), people I have known when they lost their valuable coverage.

Edited by TheResistance

I think travel tax was included in our PAL ticket in 2014 so we only paid for the terminal fee.

Pretty sure you got that backwards...

The TERMINAL FEES are now USUALLY paid when you purchase an outbound ticket departing NAIA.

To the best of my limited knowledge the TRAVEL TAX has never been added to a ticket cost since only Phil passport holders are eligible to pay and even then not all have to pay depending on travel status plus the tax differs based on traveler's age.

There are too many variables involved.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pretty sure you got that backwards...

The TERMINAL FEES are now USUALLY paid when you purchase an outbound ticket departing NAIA.

To the best of my limited knowledge the TRAVEL TAX has never been added to a ticket cost since only Phil passport holders are eligible to pay and even then not all have to pay depending on travel status plus the tax differs based on traveler's age.

There are too many variables involved.

Nope ya got it backwards ;) 1st the travel tax was been included in the ticket purchase, but only with tickets purchased from within the Philippines (for the most part) - OFWs got very "annoyed" with this as they are exempt from paying, so they protested. Later the terminal fee was added to ALL airfare purchases no matter how you purchase the ticket, much the same as all the airport fees from other countries (that someone doesn't complains about)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a heads up, my family flew from Mactan International Airport and during the CFO, they were told that the fees were 550 and 1620 respectively.Well, to their surprise, its now 750 and 1620.

iUhVm4.png

-=MY FAMILY'S VISAJOURNEY=-

08/27/14- POE:LAX

09/05/14- Rec'd SSN in mail

09/15/14- ELIS status chaged to OPTIMIZED

09/23/14- ELIS status CLOSED

09/26/14- GC received

F2A VISAS FOR WIFE & 2 DAUGHTERS LIFE IN THE USA

10/14/14- I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox 05/29/16- POE:JFK

10/17/14- Packet received 06/06/16- SSNs received

10/22/14- NOA 1 & routed to VSC

12/03/14- NOA 2 & routed to NVC (PD 10/17/14)

06/29/15- NVC letter received with Case # & IIN

06/30/15- Agent appointed via phone

07/01/15- Email received re:Choice of Agent

07/12/15- AOS & IV fee paid

08/14/15- AOS papers mailed

09/03/15- DS 260 submitted

09/18/15- Civil documents submitted to NVC

11/09/15- Received checklist re:NBI clearance

11/12/15- NBI clearances submitted

12/30/15- CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dance:

02/27/16- Received interview letter via email

03/31/16- Medical Day 1-COMPLETED

04/01/16- Medical Day 2-PASSED!!! :dance:

04/05/16- USEM Interview=221G re:NBI clearance-addition of misspelled name in marriage certificate as an AKA for wife :shocked:

04/19/16- Mailed new NBI clearance with AKA via 2GO

04/21/16- 2GO document out for delivery to USEM

04/22/16- Case touched, still AP

04/27/16- CEAC status changed ISSUED :dancing:

04/30/16- Visas on hand!!!; ELIS fees paid

05/03/16- CFO done: Immigrant Data Summary detached in all visa packets :ranting:

05/06/16- Visa packets and passports returned to USEM via 2GO

05/10/16- Visa packets received at USEM

05/13/16- Resealed visa packets received

05/29/16- POE: JFK

Worrying is wasting energy on the things that you can't control, leave everything in God's hand.

THINK LESS, PRAY MORE.

Filed: Other Timeline

I am an advocate of just going with the flow, because there are hundreds of people waiting. The best way to change things is at the ballot box. And, by doing what you are doing here: spreading the word and letting people have an open discussion.

Click the "Spoiler" button to see our full timeline.

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-04-18

I-129F NOA2 (printed) : 2016-04-22

NBI, CENOMAR, Birth Certificates, Passport Complete: 2016-05-02

NVC Acknowledged Case: 2016-05-06

NVC Assigned Case Number: 2016-05-09

CFO Certificate: 2016-05-12

Medical Complete: 2016-05-17

Interview Passed: 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Administrative Processing": 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Issued": 2016-05-24

2GO in transit: 2016-05-26

Visa in hand: 2016-05-27 (Manila)

POE: 2016-05-29

Married: 2016-07-16

AOS Sent: 2016-08-24

NOA Email: 2016-08-31
Biometrics: 2016-09-29
EAD Status "New Card is being produced" : 2016-11-02
AP Status "Case was approved" : 2016-11-02
EAD Status "Card is has been delivered to me by USPS" : 2016-11-18 (Status never said "mailed")
I-485 Status "New Card is being produced":2016-11-22

They used to have a counter right near the entrance where you pay travel tax before you even check-in. And then you pay the terminal fee after checking-in and before you get scanned and go to boarding area. That was in 2014. I haven't traveled outside the country since then. I read that nowadays they include the travel tax when you pay for your tickets which is yeah around Php1620.. and the terminal fee just changed from ~500 to Php750

(L) TEAM AWESOME (L)
CR1 Visa Journey via DCF (US Embassy Manila)

Apr 15, 2016 - Filed petition I-130 at USEM
Apr 22, 2016 - Petition Approved/Received NOA
May 2, 2016 - Received MNL Case Number, filed DS260
May 3, 2016 -   SLEC (Day1)
May 5, 2016 -   CFO Seminar
May 11, 2016 - SLEC (Day2) + release of med records
May 12, 2016 - Received email with instructions re: IV
May 23, 2016 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED!!!
Jun 7, 2016 -   Visa home delivered by 2GO
Jun 8, 2016 -   CFO sticker and registration
Jun 13, 2016 - POE at Chicago O'Hare

Jun 20, 2016 - Social Security home delivered
July 25, 2016 - Green Card home delivered

Apr 19, 2018 -  Petition I-751 sent to USCIS California Service Center

May 30, 2018 - NOA received

Mar 15, 2019 - Biometrics appointment for I-751

Mar 20, 2019 -  Petition I-751 approved

Mar 27, 2019 -  10-year Green Card received in mail

Sep 24, 2020 -  N400 application sent online; biometrics reused (no addt'l appt)

Jan 14, 2021 -  N400 interview/test scheduled - APPROVED

Jan 19, 2021 -  Oath-taking ceremony!

:dance: For a more detailed step-by-step walk-through with photos of requirements, you can check my blog entry :dance:

CR1 Visa Process via DCF

Timeline

They used to have a counter right near the entrance where you pay travel tax before you even check-in. And then you pay the terminal fee after checking-in and before you get scanned and go to boarding area. That was in 2014. I haven't traveled outside the country since then. I read that nowadays they include the travel tax when you pay for your tickets which is yeah around Php1620.. and the terminal fee just changed from ~500 to Php750

The travel tax isn't included in most tickets - need to read the list of included charges to verify on your ticket. The counter to pay the travel tax is still at the front of the terminal, need to pay the travel tax before checking in.

Just a heads up, my family flew from Mactan International Airport and during the CFO, they were told that the fees were 550 and 1620 respectively.Well, to their surprise, its now 750 and 1620.

Yup they changed the terminal fee a year or so ago. It is now included in the airfare when purchasing tickets - check you list of charges on the ticket. There is no longer a booth to pay the terminal fee after check-in at NAIA.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The travel tax isn't included in most tickets - need to read the list of included charges to verify on your ticket. The counter to pay the travel tax is still at the front of the terminal, need to pay the travel tax before checking in.

Yup they changed the terminal fee a year or so ago. It is now included in the airfare when purchasing tickets - check you list of charges on the ticket. There is no longer a booth to pay the terminal fee after check-in at NAIA.

I just came from a vacation in the Philippines last may 26, 2016 and if you are holding Philippine passport you are oblige to pay for travel tax. In my case I paid 200 pesos and terminal fee was already included in the ticket..

May 4, 2014 Met Online

August 21- September 2, 2014 Fiance First Trip to the Philippines

November 13- 25, 2014 Fiance Second Trip to the Philippines

November 16, 2014 Got Engaged

December 14- January 14, 2015 Fiance Third Trip to the Philippines

February 5, 2015 Submit 1-129 petition

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

May 7, 2015 NOA 2 (Approved)

June 3-4, 2015 Medical (Passed)

June 25- July 15, 2015 Fiance Fourth Trip to the Philippines

June 26, 2015 Interview (Passed)

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

July 11, 2015 Visa on Hand

July 15, 2015 POE Chicago O'Hare Airport

" To God be the Glory"

Timeline

Terminal fee is included in the ticket and if you are holding Philippine passport you are to pay for the travel.tax.. In my case I paid 200 pesos for the travel tax.. Just came from a vacation in the Philippines last may 26, 2016

May 4, 2014 Met Online

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

" To God be the Glory"

Timeline

I just came from a vacation in the Philippines last may 26, 2016 and if you are holding Philippine passport you are oblige to pay for travel tax. In my case I paid 200 pesos and terminal fee was already included in the ticket..

Yes, the P200 is the Tax Exemption fee. http://tieza.gov.ph/citizens-charter/ Can't dodge that bullet.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes, the P200 is the Tax Exemption fee. http://tieza.gov.ph/citizens-charter/ Can't dodge that bullet.

Yeah right but we were really careful with our luggage and did not let anyone touch it... No scam ?

May 4, 2014 Met Online

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

" To God be the Glory"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.