silverbutterfly228

RFE received :(

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We had an RFE because we sent a short form birth certificate for my fiance (I told him 20 times it was the wrong kind but he swore it has been used for everything he's ever done, military, schools, passport etcetc). We got another one after a lot of messing around, and then they didn't get our first RFE, my fiance called them and we sent it again, 3 days after they got it we got NOA2.

It seems that generally you get approved quickly after they get your RFE.

Can someone clarify what is the the difference between the long birth certificate and the short birth certificate. My american finace got pissed with me yesterday saying there was no such thing and the certificate he has is the only one they have (this is after I told him I read on this forum about the problems with Birth Certificates - he doesnt like browsing through forums!! ) and that everyone else is talking nonesence (well he was angry and stressed and that isnt the word he used!!). But obviusly there is a difference so please someone clarigfy for me so I can show him.

Thank you .. Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the short form is the small identification card-sized one. It has only the person's name, date of birth, and place of birth, and not much else. The long form has more information, like the parents' names. I think it's the parents' names that the USCIS is looking for. There's also a birth registration, which has more information still, including stuff about how many children the mother has had previously, the time of birth, etc. That works, too. Like I said, the important part, from what I've read, is the parents' names.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

LOL, I don't think they'd RFE you for paperclips.

We got an RFE - hubby (then fiance) had forgotten to enclose our proof of having met. I had prepared everything together before I returned to Singapore after a visit with him, and had reminded him not to forget to include the stuff. He promptly forgot. :D

I got an RFE because I asked Pras to provide me with several Telugu signature samples, some of which I posted in the signature space on "her" G-325A (which I had otherwise filled online in US); they wanted it to actually be signed by her. Found out the hard, expensive ($55 for DHL courier) and slow (two extra weeks for me to send unsigned G-325A's to Pras in India and get ORIGINAL signature) way that I should have prefilled it BEFORE going to India and gotten her to sign it there.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think the short form is the small identification card-sized one. It has only the person's name, date of birth, and place of birth, and not much else. The long form has more information, like the parents' names. I think it's the parents' names that the USCIS is looking for. There's also a birth registration, which has more information still, including stuff about how many children the mother has had previously, the time of birth, etc. That works, too. Like I said, the important part, from what I've read, is the parents' names.

Good we have the right birth certificate then - it has his mothers and fathers names on it :)

Thank you ...Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My RFE was because -- I kid you not -- the cheques were in the wrong places. I had them with each package and they wanted them all at the front! I ran home, called USCIS, and was on pins and needles the entire time. I think everything is okay now since we're up to interview at the end of April.

*big hug*

Try not to stress out too much. :) Often it's for little things or not having the paperwork just so. When you get your package back, or whatever the thing they want is, look over it thoroughly for about an hour and make sure it's all correct. Find the thing that isn't right -- or call if you're not sure on a few things/or post here -- and correct. Send back.

It'll be all right, and it happens to the best of us! After all, USCIS is pretty picky about how they want things. If it's any consolation, my I-130/I-485 package had one heck of a lot of paperclips too. :)

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.