sandybabe_onuh

Will my NOA1 or (God forbid, RFE) be sent in postal mail?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I recently sent in the I-130 petition to Texas, and got confirmation of receipt via UPS. My question here is, will I receive my NOA1 or RFE, through postal mail, since I sent in a money order for the fee instead of a check?

I know if one sends a check, you can see if the check has been cashed and get the # off the back of the check. How does this work with money orders? The money order I purchased is from USPS. I checked for a # on my receipt to call to see if the money order has been cashed, but found no # in order to do so. The only thing on the money order is advice on how to receive a refund if lost or stolen.

Also, I have already set up an account on the USCIS home page to be able to track the progress of the I-130 petition, but I don't have a # as of yet, to put in the case # catagory to see updates. I need to know when I receive a NOA1 or RFE, will I receive a # to track the progress?

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

sandybabe_onuh

Hi Everyone,

I recently sent in the I-130 petition to Texas, and got confirmation of receipt via UPS. My question here is, will I receive my NOA1 or RFE, through postal mail, since I sent in a money order for the fee instead of a check?

I know if one sends a check, you can see if the check has been cashed and get the # off the back of the check. How does this work with money orders? The money order I purchased is from USPS. I checked for a # on my receipt to call to see if the money order has been cashed, but found no # in order to do so. The only thing on the money order is advice on how to receive a refund if lost or stolen.

Also, I have already set up an account on the USCIS home page to be able to track the progress of the I-130 petition, but I don't have a # as of yet, to put in the case # catagory to see updates. I need to know when I receive a NOA1 or RFE, will I receive a # to track the progress?

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

sandybabe_onuh

Yes you will receive any correspondences from USCIS regarding your case through the postal mail regardless of the payment of method used.

To check if your money order has been cashed, you have to file PS Form 6401 Money Order Inquiry with USPS for a small fee. But normally you don't have to do this once you know that USCIS has received your packet (via mail tracking) or when you receive your NOA1. But for added peace of mind, you can make a quick stop to the PO to file the form.

You will get a receipt # once you get your NOA1, that's when you can set up the electronic notification for your case.

Good luck!

*** My Mom's N-400 Journey ***

05/09/2015 - Mailed N-400 application packet to the Phoenix, AZ lockbox

05/11/2015 - Delivered per USPS tracking

05/14/2015 - Check cashed

05/19/2015 - Received NOA

06/02/2015 - Biometrics Appointment

06/04/2015 - In line

08/06/2015 - Interview scheduled per USCIS website

09/11/2015 - Interview - PASSED!

09/18/2015 - Received oath letter

09/22/2015 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thank you soo much for your help, I really appreciate it. Thanks for the good luck wishes also. May God bless you with your journey.

Blessings,

sandybabe_onuh

If you don't receive your NOA1 in 30 days call them so they can re-send it to you, or at least so they can give you a receipt # for you to log in their site. I sent mine on 02/05 and never received an NOA1 but was able to locate it on my cancelled check.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.