Carlos/Yanet

Filing an I-130 for my wife (merged threads)

8 posts in this topic

I just received confirmation and receipt notification with a code from USCIS. On my I-130 petition for my wife, it mentions that a form I-797 is to follow in the mail.. can someone please tell me what this I-797 is about ? I would like to be prepared when I receive it. Thank you for any replies concerning my questions ..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:time: Your timeline is vacant. Please provide more information.

You are asking a question that is not consistent with the K1 Fiance(e) forum that you are posting in. A Form I-130, Petition for an Alien Relative, is not necessary as that this forum is intended for couples that have yet to be married, and therefore do not yet have an alien relative, such as a spouse.

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I just received a text message from USCIS telling me they have received my application, they gave me a reference number with a message that a for I-797 is to follow.. I would like to know what this for is for ? Anyone with information please let me know so I can be prepared .. thank you ..

I-797 is the Notice of Action. All applicants receive a(I-797 NOA letter) you will see a lot of people referring to a NOA, in other words its just a receipt and they call it I-797.

Timeline

~Two same-themed threads merged~

~Please refrain from multiple posting of same topic.~

~:time: ~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

I just got via text from USCIS that my petition I-130 has been received and issued me a code number.. they also mention that a form I-797 is to follow in the mail. My question is.. what is this form I-797 is all about ? Anyone with further info on this form or proceedure please I'll appreciate it. Thank you

Edited by Carlos/Yanet

Timeline

~Multiple same-themed threads merged~

~You are instructed not to post any more duplicate threads. It is considered SPAMMING. Spamming is considered a violation of this site's Terms of Service (TOS): http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms . TOS violations are subject to administrative action.~

~I would suggest that your correct your Profile Immigration Information to show what visa you are trying to attain.~

(mod hat off)

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page.

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.