Sylwio30

Application for naturalization

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi I just received a email we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION du anyone know how long it takes to get test appointment in long Island new York thanks for helping me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi I just received a email we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION du anyone know how long it takes to get test appointment in long Island new York thanks for helping me

This means that you are now inline fore an interview.. you should get one more update stating that the interview was actually scheduled before they mail the letter. When you get that second update, it usually takes a week or two to get the letter and you usually have 3-5 weeks notice between getting the letter and the interview.

I don't know how long you'll be inline before you get the next update... sometimes it's just days, but sometimes months, depending on how busy the office is.

Maybe some Long Island filers can answer that, or you can look through the monthly progress tables here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/161-us-citizenship-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Compare Inline date and Interview Letter date in the final table for each month for NYC filers.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Thanks Jimmyhou for information I forgot to tell in the email was case status :testing and interview

Testing and interview can mean you're inline for an interview or that you've been scheduled for an interview.

If you are inline for an interview, it will also say:

"You have been placed inline..."

OR

"We have started the interview scheduling process..."

If your interview has been scheduled, it will say:

"We scheduled an interview..."

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Yep so we can only guessing what is going on and wait for a letter witch they mansion in the email they will send in the letter in the mail thanks again and I will update when I get something

Timeline

Hi again I applied my n-400 application on october 30 after FP my status did not change till last Monday for "you are inline for an interview" I read sam people have waiting for that status couple of days after the fingerprints taken I wait almost 4 months for that status how long do you think I will wait for interview from your's experience thanks in advance

Timeline

That whole message from my case status: On March 7, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC****** We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline

Yep so we can only guessing what is going on and wait for a letter witch they mansion in the email they will send in the letter in the mail thanks again and I will update when I get something

You think du they will update my case again before they are send letter with appointment

1- congratulations!

2- you've passed the long, uncertain part of the process... now it's just a matter of waiting for an interview slot.

3- yes, they usually update your status to say that an interview has been scheduled, but the updates aren't always reliable.

I'm curious, did you contact USCIS at all or were you a very patient applicant?

Timeline

No i didn't call to immigration I guess I'm very patient let's see what's going to happen in the next few weeks I will update you definitely I was hoping my case will be end before April 5th because my sound going to turn 18 years old and I hope I can avoid fee for applications for my son I guess want be hapend unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Jimmy I updated how I promised they schedule an appointment for me just today I don't know for when bat take them almost month to change status from in line to schedule appointment I will keep you informed

Timeline

Hi Jimmy I updated how I promised they schedule an appointment for me just today I don't know for when bat take them almost month to change status from in line to schedule appointment I will keep you informed

Congratulations and good luck at the interview! It's usually 3-5 weeks after you get the letter in the mail.

Timeline

Hi Jimmy I updated my case. Just resived letter whit my date of interview it's may 4,so another month (drive me crazy) I have question they send me instruction what to bring to the interview I'm not sure about one thing,:selective service registration I'm 41 years old male and never was registered when I call to register center they told me I am to old to register witch i explain along with my application N400 but I don't have any proof from selective service registration what I should do on my interview bring same explanation I did send to them???? Please help

Timeline

Hi Jimmy I updated my case. Just resived letter whit my date of interview it's may 4,so another month (drive me crazy) I have question they send me instruction what to bring to the interview I'm not sure about one thing,:selective service registration I'm 41 years old male and never was registered when I call to register center they told me I am to old to register witch i explain along with my application N400 but I don't have any proof from selective service registration what I should do on my interview bring same explanation I did send to them???? Please help

Gratulacje!

If you were not in the US between the ages of 18 and 26 or if you were only in the country between those ages as a legal non-immigrant, then you never had to register. Your explanation will be that you were not required to register.

If you were a permanent resident or out of legal status between the ages of 18 and 26, then you had to register.

Regardless of whether you had to register or not, the matter is irrelevant past the age of 31.

If you had to register and didn't, you may be asked to explain why (this is very unlikely), but your application can't be denied for this if you are over 31.

Sometimes, if you fail to register when you should have, they ask for a letter from SSS stating that you are not registered. You can request this registration status from SSS; it'll say that you were never registered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.