dk123

Need advise it's been 5 years and my wife is still not with me

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So, we got engaged in 2011 and filed for a k-1 fiance visa but my fiance failed the interview in 2012 and was denied. We then got married in 2013 and filed for a CR-1. Had our interview in 2014 had the worst experience anyone can have at these interviews. This is at the US embassy in Cambodia and here what happened:

1. The Consular ask us about 3-4 questions and tells us he doesn't have time to interview us at the date specified and told us to come back.

2. Went back to the embassy after the specified period and was told to come between 1 pm - 2pm. We arrived about Noon waited 3 hours inside and was told they didn't have time to see us and that we should have came in earlier.

3. Came back a third time was again told the Consular reviewing our case is too busy but has assigned two other individual to ask us questions. They grilled us for 3 straight hours spending an hour and a half with each of us. Afterwards they can't tell us the result until the original Consular reviews their notes two weeks later.

4. Came back a forth time after all this and were told by the original Consular that he decided to deny our visa and would not say exactly what out of the 155 pages of text message printout, 2 affidavits from friends, 700 facetime logs with duration and dates, 9 gift receipts, a bunch of atm receipts , and 200 photos of us together was wrong.

Of all the people I've spoken to about their process no one has describe having to go through this. I believed that if the original Consular would have interviewed us entirely that first day we would have probably been approved. He seem to be a reasonable and easy to talk to guy but instead he made his decision on notes that two other guys took. First I don't think you can make an accurate evaluation by just reading our answers of the page. Second, How does he know that the answers he's reading was what is exactly said by me and my wife, the two guys could be paraphrasing since it's translated from Khmer.

now it's 2016 and USCIS has given their approval for us come back for another interview without us having to file any paperwork. It seems that USCIS seem to think the evidence we originally gave was enough. As of writing this we still have a few days until our interview. My wife and I are emotionally exhausted from this ordeal. If for some unknown we were to be denied again what can we do? I've contacted multiple lawyers, two senators a bunch of acquaintances that went through this and they all seem to think my evidence should have been enough. Is there a black mark in our file that we don't know about? How do we find out?

Edited by dk123

Well that was a stokes interview so they most likely had a doubt about your relationship. Most likely the first times you went to the interview they wanted to do a stokes interview but didn't have time for it or they didn't have the people available at that moment as other interviews had over run.

USCIS only judge on the meeting the criteria to petition such as are you legally married. The consulate decide on the beneficiary being able to get the visa they decide on is this a legitimate relationship or is the beneficiary inadmissible or ineligible for the visa.

Sit down and write out a timeline for your relationship and critically judge your relationship for red flags - cultural differences, age difference against the cultural norm, religious differences, have you spent much time together, how many visits before marriage and how many visits since marriage.

Do you have evidence to address that you have talked about any red flags - for example if the woman is older and you are from a culture where it's normal for the man to be older if she is past child bareing stage then have you discuss the fact that you might not have children together.

Discuss every aspect of your lives with each other so that you both know everything about each other.

If you are denied again can you move there?

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.