Patrick-LiuNa

WeChat and how to extract a year worth of communication?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to extract my WeChat files from an Iphone and I don't know how to do this.. It is my longest form of communication with my better half and will server as the best proof of ongoing relationship. Can anyone please guide me though how to get this off my phone and onto my computer so i can print it out?? This would make my life sooooooo very much easier

ty

Patrick

Timeline

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to extract my WeChat files from an Iphone and I don't know how to do this.. It is my longest form of communication with my better half and will server as the best proof of ongoing relationship. Can anyone please guide me though how to get this off my phone and onto my computer so i can print it out?? This would make my life sooooooo very much easier

ty

Patrick

There used to be an Export to SD Card option 2-3 versions ago, but they removed it. Unfortunately the only way now is to take screenshots on your phone.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Timeline

There used to be an Export to SD Card option 2-3 versions ago, but they removed it. Unfortunately the only way now is to take screenshots on your phone.

####### :( this can not be true. there has to be a way to download the log. the version on my computer has a download chat history and backup option, except it is only compatible for use with an android phone. Me having and Iphone 6 it doesn't recognize. there has to be a way :(

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

####### :( this can not be true. there has to be a way to download the log. the version on my computer has a download chat history and backup option, except it is only compatible for use with an android phone. Me having and Iphone 6 it doesn't recognize. there has to be a way :(

From my experience it is not absolutely necessary to submit chat logs as evidence. My wife and I chatted using QQ and Yahoo chat but did not submit our chat log files. . That being said we did submit a large quantity of other evidence, pictures, letters, cards, etc. If you cannot get the logs and have plenty of other evidence and have followed all of the processes correctly you will be just fine =)

Timeline

I searched on how to download the chat history from my phone for a good long time. WeChat has their own custom encryption that the files are encoded with on the phone. Ultimately I just took screenshots. But I have other evidence stronger than WeChat chat logs that we will be using instead.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I took screenshots on my iPhone for proof years ago. I did 1 screenshot for every 2 weeks and it wasn't an issue.

However, like others have said, if you have kinds of proof you're more than likely just fine with that and you don't need to worry about chat logs. Plane tickets, cards, emails, etc are more than sufficient.

Timeline

thank you all, I did find a program that downloaded my entire chat history since july 2015 into an Excel file.. was a nightmare to figure out because it is a chinese program but I have 100's of messages with time and date stamps printed out.. if anyone needs this information please feel free to send me a message and I can give you the program information.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

thank you all, I did find a program that downloaded my entire chat history since july 2015 into an Excel file.. was a nightmare to figure out because it is a chinese program but I have 100's of messages with time and date stamps printed out.. if anyone needs this information please feel free to send me a message and I can give you the program information.

Sir,

Could you please let me know the name of the software or a link to the software?

Thank you very much!

I-129F sent: 2016-01-09

NOA1: 2016-01-15

NOA2: 2016-03-04

Received by NVC: 2016-03-31

Case # assigned: 2016-04-01

Case sent to consulate: 2016-04-05

Case ready: 2016-04-06

AOS Packet sent: 2016-10-08

AOS Packet received: 2016-10-11

AOS NOA1 x 3 (Text messages): 2016-10-14

AOS NOA1 x 3 (Hardcopy mail): 2016-10-17

Biometrics Letter: 2016-10-28

Biometrics Walk-in: 2016-10-28

I-131 and I-765 approved: 2017-01-04 (Day 85)

I-485 approved: 2017-01-19 (Day 100)

EAD/AP Combo card received: 2017-01-20

Green Card received: 2017-01-25

ROC I-751 Packet sent: 2018-10-26

ROC I-751 Packet received: 2018-10-29

ROC I-751 NOA1 (Text message): 2018-11-02

ROC I-751 NOA1 (Hardcopy Extension Letter): 2018-12-10

ROC I-751 Biometrics: 2019-07-02

• 10 months later...
Timeline
6 hours ago, buluke said:

Could someone send me the info on this program? 

This is used with iPhone. Wechat computer app will extract the data as a backup to your computer via android but won't identify an iPhone. It's a Chinese site but the major download button can be found In English and the program will install in what ever chosen language. It takes a little playing around to figure out but it is like a 3rd party iTunes.

http://www.tongbu.com/zhushou/ Is the website. Goodluck

On 2/1/2017 at 11:04 AM, Patrick-LiuNa said:

This is used with iPhone. Wechat computer app will extract the data as a backup to your computer via android but won't identify an iPhone. It's a Chinese site but the major download button can be found In English and the program will install in what ever chosen language. It takes a little playing around to figure out but it is like a 3rd party iTunes.

http://www.tongbu.com/zhushou/ Is the website. Goodluck

Hello, I was able to get the backup file to my computer, but does anyone have a program to open the backup file to cut and paste to word document?

On 3/3/2016 at 10:29 PM, Patrick-LiuNa said:

Can you please tell me the name of the program?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just wonder do they ever read the chat logs:D:D:D My wife did it two years ago, she had been interviewed and said hello what's his name, age......less than 10 simple personal questions. Then she had been approved.  Never read any logs or pictures:D:D:D.  Vetting?:huh:

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.