Amythyst88

SPELLING MISTAKE IN APPROVED I-129F RECEIVED TODAY

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone!

i received the mail today of my packet 3 i think via Air 21. I scanned through the photocopy of our approved I-129f on hand and noticed wrong spellings:

We hired an attorney to fill in the I-129f and i think my petitioner hadn't double checked all the entries way back prior to submitting the petition.

- on my address, the CITY was misspelled TANAHUAN instead of TANAUAN.

- The consulate part where i will apply for a Visa was typed as my CITY of BIRTH instead of Manila.

- My petitioner's CITY of birth was typed also as my CITY of birth.

But, and moreover, our case was already approved and those were all a minor mistakes.

Question is, should i request for a correction still since i am scheduled for interview on March 28?? Will i be able to let them correct it since it has been approved?

Will the CO doubt on our case because of misspelled addresses mentioned above??????

(On my G325a, DS-160, interview appointment every info are correct especially my address.)

thanks everyone!!

Timeline

hi everyone!

i received the mail today of my packet 3 i think via Air 21. I scanned through the photocopy of our approved I-129f on hand and noticed wrong spellings:

We hired an attorney to fill in the I-129f and i think my petitioner hadn't double checked all the entries way back prior to submitting the petition.

- The consulate part where i will apply for a Visa was typed as my CITY of BIRTH instead of Manila.

But, and moreover, our case was already approved and those were all a minor mistakes.

Question is, should i request for a correction still since i am scheduled for interview on March 28?? Will i be able to let them correct it since it has been approved?

Will the CO doubt on our case because of misspelled addresses mentioned above??????

(On my G325a, DS-160, interview appointment every info are correct especially my address.)

thanks everyone!!

Jay make sure you tell them at the interview,nothing else you can do at this point. You've filed out the 160 and event else correctly. I doubt it is too big a deal. You don't really have a choice at this point in the process.

Timeline

Jay make sure you tell them at the interview,nothing else you can do at this point. You've filed out the 160 and event else correctly. I doubt it is too big a deal. You don't really have a choice at this point in the process.

thanks for the response.

As i have seen on the photocopy of our i129f, there are check marks on some items, i think those were the more important details on the form (such as the civil status, country of birth, etc.)

Anyone here knows the website i may e-mail regarding the corrections? because that's the least i can do i think. At least i notified them of the minor errors before my interview, whether they will or not do something about it.

Timeline

The 129F was only the petition asking for permission to apply for a visa. The visa application is the DS-160 that's what needs to be correct. I'm actually really curious how you got a copy of the approved 129F, they don't send those out to people. That gets sent straight to the embassy from the NVC. Either way nothing the embassy is going to do to fix the 129f at this point, just make sure everything is correct at interview time so your visa will be correct.

Timeline

The 129F was only the petition asking for permission to apply for a visa. The visa application is the DS-160 that's what needs to be correct. I'm actually really curious how you got a copy of the approved 129F, they don't send those out to people. That gets sent straight to the embassy from the NVC. Either way nothing the embassy is going to do to fix the 129f at this point, just make sure everything is correct at interview time so your visa will be correct.

i was also amazed when it delivered to our home this afternoon, while others had not received theirs anymore. USEM did send it to the beneficiaries but not everybody receives it. Im surprised it was mailed to me in a timely manner. It was actually along with the eligibility letter from USEM and IMBRA and medical instructions.

But the copy of i-129f is not needed during the interview, it's not listed in the set of instructions on what to bring.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone!

thanks everyone!!

That packet is of no value, consider it a Welcome letter. Don't worry on the typos, your attorney apparently can't read or type, nor fill a form correctly.

Make sure all the information your provide with the DS-160 is correct - THAT MATTERS.

thanks for the response.

As i have seen on the photocopy of our i129f, there are check marks on some items, i think those were the more important details on the form (such as the civil status, country of birth, etc.)

Anyone here knows the website i may e-mail regarding the corrections? because that's the least i can do i think. At least i notified them of the minor errors before my interview, whether they will or not do something about it.

You can mention this to the CO during the interview, if it is of importance he can correct it there. (odds are they will have the correct information from your DS-160 already) Don't stress on it. There is NO benefit in emailing the embassy on this and there is not a website. Simple mention it to the CO during the interview

~ I am impressed that you actually got the packet from the embassy... most never receive. Gotta love PhilPost

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

i was also amazed when it delivered to our home this afternoon, while others had not received theirs anymore. USEM did send it to the beneficiaries but not everybody receives it. Im surprised it was mailed to me in a timely manner. It was actually along with the eligibility letter from USEM and IMBRA and medical instructions.

But the copy of i-129f is not needed during the interview, it's not listed in the set of instructions on what to bring.

Mine got everything but a copy of the 129F.

Timeline

Yup hank will do that on interview day. I as well so impressed and awed for their delivery via Air21.

Thanks!

It was delivered by Air21? Really!? Maybe the embassy changed from PhilPost, which may be more people will get the "welcome packet" (even though there is little of value in it)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

hank question. Should i tell the CO during the interview that i did two ds 160 and got a mistake on the first one? Or it doesnt matter anymore?

No. Turn in the confirmation page for your current DS-160. The other doesn't matter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.