ullumanali

11 months to get CR1 thru CSC and Mumbai Consulate???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Many people have mentioned that the time it takes to schedule an interview after NVC approval for either a K3 or a CR-1 varies by the Embassy.

Any couples who can share their recent experience as it relates to getting a visa appointment (K3 or CR-1) in Mumbai after NVC approval?

VJ timelines say 149 days for CR1 in Mumbai after NVC approval - that's almost 5 months alone! So going by the current stats that would be approx 3 months at the CSC + approx 3 months at the NVC + 5 months till interview in Mumbai = 11 months to get CR1!! Is this correct?

On VJ it's mentioned that K1's take 101 days on average from NVC approval to interview, but no statistic info on K3.

Damn freakin' worried!!

/UM

Timeline

To add to the questions above, and highlight the reason I posted this in K3 discussions... "What's the time-advantage for going the K3 path for immigration through CSC and Mumbai Consulate?"

If CR1 is really going to take 11 months realistically... then hopefully K3 shaves off a lot of time! Any experiences to corroborate?

/UM

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

my understanding is that the K3 saves the 3 months that the CR1 waits in the NVC. So it would only be 8 months. In BKK, it typically takes "only" 2-3 months to schedule an interview for your spouse. Of course, getting an interview for a tourist visa only takes DAYS... and they almost all get turned down...

Your absence runs through me like a needle

Everything I do

Is stitched with your color

Married in 2005

I-130

2/6 NOA1

5/11 touch

5-10 Approval for both 129F and I-130

129F

2/14 applied

3/01 NOA1

5/1-11 a few touches

5-10 Approval for both 129F and I-130

5-21 sent to NVC

5-22 129F recieved @ NVC

5-29 forwarded to Embassy

6-12 interview date set (discovered, rather) ... (still no NOA2)

6-22 email notification of NAO2 for I-130

6-27 email notification of NOA2 for 129F

7-15 Medical appointment - Docs say she has pneumonia and want to run 2 months + $2K USD of tests.

7-19 interview

7-20 informed that she has cleared medical. Documents not yet forwarded to Embassy, they will not release them to her, saying they must deliver the documents themselves. (Not true. many people had their medical papers @ the interview)

7-21 Missed flight

7-25 Docs recieved by embassy, visa all ready to go

7-27 Visa revieved

7-28 ARRIVED IN USA!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

waiting for AOS NOA

9-28 5 page RFE sent :(

10-7 RFE recieved

Timeline
my understanding is that the K3 saves the 3 months that the CR1 waits in the NVC. So it would only be 8 months. In BKK, it typically takes "only" 2-3 months to schedule an interview for your spouse. Of course, getting an interview for a tourist visa only takes DAYS... and they almost all get turned down...

Thanks Portlander!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Portlander!

BUT THERE ARE LONG TERM BENEFITS OF I-130 SHE WILL GET G.C DIRECTLY SO NOW LATER ON PISSING OFF OR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS IN UNITED STATES

ONLY USE OF K-3 IS FASTER REUNION OF SPOUSES

LONG TERM BENEFITS IS OF I-130 FOR SURE

:)

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: Timeline

ullumanali,

NVC doesn't approve anything for the K visas - K1 or K3. They receive the approved I-129f petitions from the USCIS and forward them on to the appropriate consulate.

NVC doesn't approve anything for the immigrant visas either, for that matter. But they do collect some or all (depending on the country involved) of the immigrant visa application materials, and the fees, and they review the submitted materials for completeness before sending the approved petition and the visa apllication materials on to the consulate. Thats why it takes longer for an immigrant visa case to reach a consulate than a K non-immigrant visa case.

Yodrak

Many people have mentioned that the time it takes to schedule an interview after NVC approval for either a K3 or a CR-1 varies by the Embassy.

On VJ it's mentioned that K1's take 101 days on average from NVC approval to interview, but no statistic info on K3.

Damn freakin' worried!!

/UM

Timeline

Thanks Yodrak! This helps understand the process....

ullumanali,

NVC doesn't approve anything for the K visas - K1 or K3. They receive the approved I-129f petitions from the USCIS and forward them on to the appropriate consulate.

NVC doesn't approve anything for the immigrant visas either, for that matter. But they do collect some or all (depending on the country involved) of the immigrant visa application materials, and the fees, and they review the submitted materials for completeness before sending the approved petition and the visa apllication materials on to the consulate. Thats why it takes longer for an immigrant visa case to reach a consulate than a K non-immigrant visa case.

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.