HarisMic

Medical Examination Form I-693

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm here on a K-1 visa and i have applied for AOS, EAD and AP, and have had my biometrics for AOS and EAD which approved and I have recieved my EAD and my AP.

I recieved a I-797E - Notice of Action requesting evidence.

They want me to send them an I-693 stating i need to go and get a Medical by a USCIS approved physician.

I did a medical back in the UK for my K-1 Visa which I passed with flying colors!

The RFE states:

"I-693 Medical Examination (ME): All records available to the service have been searched and a copy of your I-693, if previously submitted, is not available for review.

Please submit a properly completed and signed form I-693, ME of aliens seeking AOS. The ME must be conducted by a physician who is on the Civil Surgeouns approved by USCIS.

Immunization Form: Please submit a properly completed supplement form to I-693, AOS applicant's documentation of Immunization. The Supplement must be completed and signed by designated Civil Surgeon.

If you have already completed your examination for immigration purpose within the last year, please submit a copy of that exam."

My question are:

1. Do I need to do this again, if I already did it in UK for my K-1?
  2. If I don't - i don't have the records to send to them because they are not in my possesion. The only thing that I have from my ME back in the UK is a "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet - for use with DS-2053" which lists my vaccinations and my Chest X-ray. So what do I send them?
  3. Whats peoples experiences with this?

I appriciate peoples answers.

Haris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just send them what they ask for. You do NOT want to risk getting denied. BTW...what was the date of your physical? If it has ben a year you will have to get one.

Good Luck

Mary K.

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Before taking my pposts as truth, let's see if someone backs up my idea.

I think this is the standard RFE for the medical whether its the whole medical or the supplement missing. If your medical for the K1 is within the last one year, it is still valid. You do need to submit the I-163A (medical supplement) You take the vaccination supplement you have to a civil surgeon and they will transcript the vaccinations from that DOS form to the correct immigration form.

We paid $15 for this. Call around to the civil surgeons in your area.

I am assuming you did not get the I163a supplement in with the original AOS paperwork?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

I think this is the standard RFE for the medical whether its the whole medical or the supplement missing. If your medical for the K1 is within the last one year, it is still valid. You do need to submit the I-163A (medical supplement) You take the vaccination supplement you have to a civil surgeon and they will transcript the vaccinations from that DOS form to the correct immigration form.

I am assuming you did not get the I163a supplement in with the original AOS paperwork?

I had my medical in June or July of 2006 which cost me £160 so no it has not been 1 year yet so it is still valid i know this.

I never got an I-163A from my ME back in the UK all they gave me was the "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet DS-3025: for use with DS-2053" and my X-ray.

Are you saying if i take the DS-3025 form to a Civil Surgeon here in the US they will transfer the data to the I-693a form.

But they arn't asking for a I-163a form they are asking for a I-693 form.

I'm sorry but i am completely confused about this whole ME thing and i think its because i wasn't given the right form back in the UK.

I DO NOT have an I-163a

I DO NOT have an I-693 in my possesion

I'm just tired today and nothing is sinking in, i have driven 3hrs and went house hunting for the last 3hrs so i'm shattered. I need to impliment the K.I.S.S plan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There has been several previous posts regarding this issue .. many people in the same spot have made info pass appointments to sort out this RFE if the medical is less then a year old .. Good luck :thumbs:

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

I am assuming you did not get the I-693a supplement in with the original AOS paperwork?

I had my medical in June or July of 2006 which cost me £160 so no it has not been 1 year yet so it is still valid i know this.

I never got an I-163A from my ME back in the UK all they gave me was the "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet DS-3025: for use with DS-2053" and my X-ray.

Are you saying if i take the DS-3025 form to a Civil Surgeon here in the US they will transfer the data to the I-693a form.

But they arn't asking for a I-163a form they are asking for a I-693 form.

I'm sorry but i am completely confused about this whole ME thing and i think its because i wasn't given the right form back in the UK.

I DO NOT have an I-163a

I DO NOT have an I-693 in my possesion

I'm just tired today and nothing is sinking in, i have driven 3hrs and went house hunting for the last 3hrs so i'm shattered. I need to impliment the K.I.S.S plan.

Opps I typed the form number wrong. The entire medical is I-693. The medical supplement is I-693a.

The doctor in the Uk would not have access to USCIS forms. They use Department of state forms. So now you take the DOS vaccination copy (DOS 3025) to the USCIS approved civil surgeon and they will have the form (I-693a or medical supplement) in their office. They will simply transfer the info from one form to the other and tell you if you need other vaccines. The fees vary for this. We paid $15. The average seems to be around $25.

The civil surgeon will seal the I-163a in an envelope for you to send to USCIS. This is a requirment for filing the AOS papers. The entire medical is asked for but if you have a valid medical (which you do) then you need only to send the supplement.

Since you did not send in the medical supplement from a civil surgeon, I am assuming your RFE is because you are missing this and not the entire medical even though they are asking for the entire medical.

I hope this was more clear because I know you are tired and nothing is worse than trying to decipher immigration forms in this mental state!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
There has been several previous posts regarding this issue .. many people in the same spot have made info pass appointments to sort out this RFE if the medical is less then a year old .. Good luck :thumbs:

Sorry to sound dumb but whats an Info Pass appointment?

I'm kinda upset about this as I have been tryin my best to do everything by the book and i don't want to be penalised for something i didn't know or something they didn't do right.

My ME wasn't the most pleasantest experience! After taking a 3hr coach ride in the middle of the night to get to London for a 9am appointment they hit a valve in both of my arms before they hit the vain on the 3rd attempt which left my arms swollen and sore for a couple of days. Then they had to take 2 X-rays becuase they cut off part of my lung.

So after all that I deffinetly don't want to be told that they lost it or something.

I'll call the 1-800 number tomorrow and talk to someone I guess.

Oh and just to let you guys know on the top of the RFE they spelt my name wrong Instead of "Haris Michael" Haris being the first name they wrote "Michael Hqris" which suggests to me that they may have been looking for the wrong file!

Regards,

Haris

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to sound dumb but whats an Info Pass appointment?

I'm kinda upset about this as I have been tryin my best to do everything by the book and i don't want to be penalised for something i didn't know or something they didn't do right.

My ME wasn't the most pleasantest experience! After taking a 3hr coach ride in the middle of the night to get to London for a 9am appointment they hit a valve in both of my arms before they hit the vain on the 3rd attempt which left my arms swollen and sore for a couple of days. Then they had to take 2 X-rays becuase they cut off part of my lung.

So after all that I deffinetly don't want to be told that they lost it or something.

I'll call the 1-800 number tomorrow and talk to someone I guess.

Oh and just to let you guys know on the top of the RFE they spelt my name wrong Instead of "Haris Michael" Haris being the first name they wrote "Michael Hqris" which suggests to me that they may have been looking for the wrong file!

Regards,

Haris

Infopass appointment is when you make an appointment to go and talk to someone @ your local USCIS office go to http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and click on infopass on the left .. the 1-800 number won't get you any answers .. they have no information about RFE's

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your best bet is to schedule an Infopass appointment to ask an officer what your best course of action is.

That said, the same thing happened to us. The officer instructed us to get an I-693A Vaccination Supplement from a U.S. civil surgeon (you'll need some records of your vaccinations to make this work, but a UK doctor can fax them to you), and to write a note to accompany your response, informing them that you've had your medical exam in the past year and to look for it in your K-1 visa file.

You can read my (panicked) thread about it here.

My husband received his green card this past week, so we didn't get denied over it. :)

Best wishes!

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Haris, we feel your pain. The same thing is happening to us: husband entered on K-3 from Canada, applied for AOS, did biometrics, and got hit with an RFE asking for I-693 -- the entire medical.

I called my Senator's office, left a message with the Immigration Liaison, and have been waiting almost a week for a callback. Time for Plan B.

We made an InfoPass appointment. Meanwhile, my husband paid $100 to have a duplicate of his medical exam sent from Canada. It may not have been necessary, but at this point, panic sets in because the AOS could go up in smoke if we don't come up with the goods they ask for in 90 days. As a last resort, we'd do the entire medical again, even though he did it last October.

Why doesn't the RFE state plainly that K people only need the vaccination supplement (I-693A)? Why are K-3s never mentioned in USCIS rules? Because that would be way too simple. :wacko:

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline

Well, to complicate matters, it is possible (though relatively unlikely) that they have lost the medical and need it to be completed again.

Some people have received RFEs specifically for the I-693A that don't ask for the full I-693.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm in the same exact boat. I am preparing to file the AOS this week and made a note to this effect on the cover page...hopefully it helps avoid any confusion...

This is how I worded it...

**Please note – The medical examination required for the K-1 fiancé visa was conducted in New Delhi, India on 11/14/06. The sealed envelope was submitted and accepted at the interview. I will supply the required I-693A vaccination supplement once I have it.

This is the wording on the I-485 instruction sheet itself…

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

Timeline
I'm in the same exact boat. I am preparing to file the AOS this week and made a note to this effect on the cover page...hopefully it helps avoid any confusion...

This is how I worded it...

**Please note – The medical examination required for the K-1 fiancé visa was conducted in New Delhi, India on 11/14/06. The sealed envelope was submitted and accepted at the interview. I will supply the required I-693A vaccination supplement once I have it.

This is the wording on the I-485 instruction sheet itself…

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

Thank you everybody for your comments. I have schedualed a InfoPass appointment for Wednesday to see what the Immigration officer says. It maybe a case of just needing the Vaccination report. Fingers Crossed!

I'll post what happens

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Gupt : I also said in the cover letter that the medical was already done and results submitted at the POE. Evidently, my mistake was thinking that this would be enough.

They're looking for at least a vaccination supplement (I-693A), with information transcribed by a Civil Surgeon in the U.S. from the vaccination Worksheet. But since they don't have an RFE form for this, they send the form for the complete medical (I-693).

This is my understanding of the screw-up and I could be wrong. Infopass on Monday, March 19.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline

Definitely check at an Infopass appointment, though. In my thread (which I linked above, I think), someone linked to a thread by Anastasia, who got an RFE for the I-693. She assumed that it was just the vaccination supplement they wanted, but her case got denied when she sent that in.

Which is to say it's never safe to assume.

I don't know what's different between her case and mine (or yours); maybe they really lost her medical. Maybe she needed to write the note about the medical exam being in her K-1 file. In my note, I made a point of mentioning that the USCIS officer at my local office had instructed me to proceed this way, then prayed for weeks that they wouldn't deny me if that wasn't the right advice. Apparently in my case, this worked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.