Retroplayer

Getting ready to file I-29F need some help

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have went through the checklists and faqs and step-by-step guides. But my situation is a little different than the examples and guides. Specifically, I need to petition for a K-2 VISA for her daughter as well. her daughter is 8yo.

I am about to send her some forms to fill out and instructions for things she will need to send me to file the I-29F.

1. Signed copy of Fiance Letter of Intent
2. G-325A for her to sign and date

3. G325A for her daughter to sign and date
3. Passport Style Photo of her
4. Passport Style Photo of daughter

She has never been married. One of the items in the checklist is proof of divorce. I have proof of my divorce, does she need some proof of never being married? Do I need the criminal report (CBI?) to send with the I-29F or does that wait for the interview?

Is there anything else I will need for her daughter? As I understand by listing her daughter on the I-29F the K-2 VISA is automatically considered part of it. Is this true?

Anything else that is Philippines specific that I am missing above?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Retroplayer

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have went through the checklists and faqs and step-by-step guides. But my situation is a little different than the examples and guides. Specifically, I need to petition for a K-2 VISA for her daughter as well. her daughter is 8yo.

I am about to send her some forms to fill out and instructions for things she will need to send me to file the I-29F.

1. Signed copy of Fiance Letter of Intent

2. G-325A for her to sign and date

3. G325A for her daughter to sign and date

3. Passport Style Photo of her

4. Passport Style Photo of daughter

She has never been married. One of the items in the checklist is proof of divorce. I have proof of my divorce, does she need some proof of never being married? Do I need the criminal report (CBI?) to send with the I-29F or does that wait for the interview?

Is there anything else I will need for her daughter? As I understand by listing her daughter on the I-29F the K-2 VISA is automatically considered part of it. Is this true?

Anything else that is Philippines specific that I am missing above?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Your situation is fairly common actually. Yes list the daughter on the I-129F .... that's it! Don't include another G-325A, don't include a passport photo of the daughter. Once the petition is approved your fiancee and daughter can both apply for their visas. ;):thumbs:

If she has never been married before nothing is required otherwise from your fiancee.

Missing - Original, signed, Letter of Intent to marry from each of you.

Follow the GUIDE here on VJ for processing the I-129F. (up at the top in the blue bard)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello! My fiancee and i are in the same situation we already file for fiancee visa and waiting for the NOA2 and we list the name of my child in the 129f does this means i can bring my 7 year old son once we are approved? I dont have to send anything something like NSO certificate for my child to be submitted in the USCIS?ive never been married and my son uses my family name too and i dont write the name of the father of my child in his NSO birth certificate so i dont need the consent of his father anymore?do we need to pay separate visa for him? Will he go with me in Manila for the medical and interview? I hope you can answer all my question thank you so much

Hello! My fiancee and i are in the same situation we already file for fiancee visa and waiting for the NOA2 and we list the name of my child in the 129f does this means i can bring my 7 year old son once we are approved? I dont have to send anything something like NSO certificate for my child to be submitted in the USCIS?ive never been married and my son uses my family name too and i dont write the name of the father of my child in his NSO birth certificate so i dont need the consent of his father anymore?do we need to pay separate visa for him? Will he go with me in Manila for the medical and interview? I hope you can answer all my question thank you so much

As I understand it there will be a separate Visa fee for each of you, but your son will get a K2 Visa as part of the K1 process, as long as he is listed on the I-29F. This is my understanding.

Your son is conisdered a legal 'illegitimate child' according to the Philippines NSO code. Your situation meets all the check-marks. This means that the father has no rights to your son, so his permission is not needed.

I have tried to read that NSO laws carefully because even though my Fiancee was not married before, her daughter does have her father's last name. We are not sure if this will cause problems for us. But even if so, my faincee no longer knows how to contact the father, so I think we are ok. He has never been a part of her life.

As for the medical and interview, I am also interested in answers to this. As I understand, you will both need separate medicals, but I am not sure about the interview. I would think it would make sense to interview together. Hopefully someone with the experience will answer.

Edited by Retroplayer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Retroplayer! if your fiance has never been married, do make sure she has the NSO Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) to prove that she is single and free to marry :)

Hi Retroplayer! if your fiance has never been married, do make sure she has the NSO Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) to prove that she is single and free to marry :)

That was my question. Do I need to include the cenomar with the I-29F or only need it for the interview? This is the question I don't think is explained well in the guides because these things are Philippines specific. Also wondering about the NBI.

I don't know if I need to send these things with the I-29F or just have for the interviews.

Any help?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's good to send it along in the I-129f packet... considering that there's a child listed as derivative, the adjudicator might wonder if your fiance was married to the kid's father.

Hope this helps.

Timeline

Hello retroplayer base on what we have done my fiancee have let me sign the form G325a and then sent my birth certificate, statement of being together, my passport photo copy too, as well as the 2x2 pics but i never send a cenomar i think its okay not to send cenomar but the problem we are facing right now is the RFE bec we met through online dating site and we have to prove thats its not an IMB now we are waiting for the decision

As what i know cenomar should be bring during the interview as well as the NBI green color

Hello retroplayer base on what we have done my fiancee have let me sign the form G325a and then sent my birth certificate, statement of being together, my passport photo copy too, as well as the 2x2 pics but i never send a cenomar i think its okay not to send cenomar but the problem we are facing right now is the RFE bec we met through online dating site and we have to prove thats its not an IMB now we are waiting for the decision

As what i know cenomar should be bring during the interview as well as the NBI green color

I think since your picture shows you together and he has visited you, it will be ok. My Fiancee and I met on an internet social site, but not dating site. I am sure that the question will come up for us too. But we have already been dating for 2+ years and I have visited and met her family and daughter already. I even asked her daughter for permission to marry her mom and it was granted.

What I have been told is to just have lots of proof of bonding and real communications with the familes. My family knows Joy well now and her family also knows me well now. This proves a real relationship and not IMB.

Best of luck to you!

Timeline

If your son was listed on the I-129F then YES he will be eligible to receive a visa along with you. You didn't need to submit anything for you son during the petition process, all that will be later during the visa application in Manila.

In the Philippines the mother has sole custody of the child/children you need NOTHING from the father.

You do everything the same for your son as you will do for you; pay a visa fee, complete medical, provide required documents for the interview. Some items in the instructions letter are age specific so there are exception regarding a child.

For details on the K-1 process at USEM Manila follow the flashing arrow below in my signature, there you will find link and details .

CENOMAR is not asked for during the I-129F petition process, that is for later.

Meeting online at a dating site may get you an RFE for the IMB issue, but that is easily addressed by printing out the TERMS OF SERVICE page from the dating site, it will list in there that it is NOT an IMB.

As for what to bring to the interview, follow the embassy instructions letter... link to this in my my link below.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.