Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

what evidence needed

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i wanted to get started early so i woulden't have to be in a rush to get filing on our i-751 paper work. I wanted to make sure i didn't want to miss anything as far as evidence go before we send it off. my question is what did you guys send off as evidence that we are together? bank statements?, bills that come to the house with our names on it. anything else? or what should be sufficient? thanks in advance everyone! :dance:

Disclaimer: Im not a lawyer. The answers or opinions, are the results of the voices coming out of my head. Therefore, i know nothing. Do not take any of my advice. Please refer to the Important disclaimer at the bottom of each thread on visajourney.com as well. Thank You.

Filing N-400

Sent November 18th, 2008

Recieved November 19th, 2008

Check Cashed November 21st, 2008

NOA1 Recieved November 26th, 2008

NOA2 Biometrics Appointment Recieved December 5th, 2008

and now still waiting...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China


Examples of documents showing a bona fide relationship (Submit COPIES only. Do not send originals):
  1. a deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the
  2. utility bills, credit card bills, and other types of bills which have both of your names on them.
  3. copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together,
    showing same account number.
  4. car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy or the other spouse listed as the
  5. 401K or other retirement plan with spouse listed as beneficiary (right to survivorship is the technical term)
  6. bank or stock accounts with both of your names on them.
  7. a copy of your joint tax returns.
  8. a car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership with your spouse.
  9. birth certificate of any children that have been born to your marriage.
  10. documentation of any vacations that you have taken, including flight itineraries, hotel bills, pictures of you
    together on vacation.
  11. other family pictures of you together.
  12. Documentary proof showing evidence of your children together (Copy of Birth Certificate, photo's, etc)
  13. Copies of Christmas cards and other holiday cards addressed to you both


Also your profile shows K-1, it sounds like you are way past that for immigration status, you may want to update it to show "Removing Conditions"

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...