GrenadianCrix

Police Certificate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hi all!

My fiance lived in Canada (Toronto) for a while and so we need to obtain a police record for him there. We have already sent out the application with a set of fingerprints taken at a local police department in Grenada. (we followed the directions on the RMPF site)

How long should I expect a record check to take. I saw somewhere to expect 4 months! is there anyway this can be wrong, or is there anyway it could be sped up?

I also want to know what will show up on it. Do they list all arrests as well as convictions?

Thanks in advance.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

I don't know what shows up on a police check that does not come back clean, however yes, it can reportedly take about 4 months AND just want to be sure that you know that you only need fingerpriting if you have a criminal record.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
I don't know what shows up on a police check that does not come back clean, however yes, it can reportedly take about 4 months AND just want to be sure that you know that you only need fingerpriting if you have a criminal record.

Mo

ugh!

are you serious?

We searched and searched the website and it says all of them needed to be fingerprint checks. My fiance has no convictions but was arrested, with charges dropped. I hope we haven't opened up a can of worms.

do you know if one type of check takes longer than the other? should we try and get a name check done also?

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If he's getting fingerprints checked by the RCMP I don't think he needs a name check since fingerprints are more accurate than a name check. I just looked at the RCMP website and they don't perform just a name check directly for people that aren't resident here (which is why us Canadians go to 3rd parties like The Commissionaires for just a name check). Not sure where you'd be able to get a name check done without being here in Canada. Name checks generally can be done either on the spot at an RCMP detachment or 5 days through another service (mine took 5 days).

I don't know how long it takes for fingerprinting but you may want to contact the RCMP directly to ask them.

http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger_e.htm

Q: How can I verify the status of my application?

A: Contact us by e-mail civilnps@rcmp-grc.gc.ca and provide the following information:

* Your full name and date of birth

* The date and the reason you sent the application

* Whether the processing fee was included (if applicable)

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Hi all!

My fiance lived in Canada (Toronto) for a while

When you say 'a while' ... are you talking more than 6 months here? Because he only has to get a check if he has lived someplace for more than 6 months. (somebody correct me if I am wrong please)

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, my checklist also says 6 months or more since the age of 16.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses.

As my fiance lives in Grenada, that mustbe why I could ony find information on the fingerprint form, Can't just go down to the station and get a name check done.

He lived in Canada long enough to require a police certificate from that country.

Now all I have to do is sit and wait for the blasted thing to come in the mail, I really hope they let Vermont rub off on them and send it back quick quick quick!

Thanks again,

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
If he's getting fingerprints checked by the RCMP I don't think he needs a name check since fingerprints are more accurate than a name check. I just looked at the RCMP website and they don't perform just a name check directly for people that aren't resident here (which is why us Canadians go to 3rd parties like The Commissionaires for just a name check). Not sure where you'd be able to get a name check done without being here in Canada. Name checks generally can be done either on the spot at an RCMP detachment or 5 days through another service (mine took 5 days).

I don't know how long it takes for fingerprinting but you may want to contact the RCMP directly to ask them.

http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger_e.htm

Q: How can I verify the status of my application?

A: Contact us by e-mail civilnps@rcmp-grc.gc.ca and provide the following information:

* Your full name and date of birth

* The date and the reason you sent the application

* Whether the processing fee was included (if applicable)

Yeah.. name checks are only available in Canada... so he can either travel up to Canada for a name check or wait it out in Grenada...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I recieved this on Sunday March 11, 2007 after a request made on March 6th

Your request for the verification of a criminal record for VISA purposes refers.

Your request was entered into our database on: 2007-02-18

The processing time is currently one hundred and twenty (120) days from receipt of an application. Note that processing time can vary due to incoming workloads

CFSS processes more than 15,000 criminal record searches each month.

You may wish to visit our Internet Website at:

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/crimrec/finger_e.htm for a complete overview of our service.

Thank you

LYN

RCMP

Civil Fingerprint Screening Services

NOTE: We are currently receiving a high volume of e-mail, therefore there may be delays in receiving a response. We apologize for any inconvenience.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.