devblt

Romantic in big screen proposal

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

A "hopeless romantic" persuaded cinema bosses to screen a film of him proposing to his girlfriend ahead of a film she went to see for her birthday.

Tina Kilford was ready to watch School for Scoundrels with friends at the Dorset cinema, when the extra "trailer" was added to the pre-film adverts.

Tom Lane appeared on screen, in Weymouth, with cards and music to ask shocked Ms Kilford, 36, to marry him.

He said he "wasn't 100% sure" she would like the idea, but her answer was yes.

Mr Lane, a youth worker, appeared on the screen in a dinner jacket, holding up cards with messages, which he said was inspired by the film Love Actually.

The final card bore the message "I'm sure you want me to do this in person. I'm right behind you."

Staff at Cineworld then ushered in Mr Lane and, to a round of applause from the audience and in keeping with tradition, he went down on one knee.

Mr Lane said: "I'm a hopeless romantic. I wanted to do something a bit different.

"I wasn't 100% sure that she would want me to propose in that way but she absolutely loved the fact it was on the big screen. She wasn't expecting it at all.

He said it became a "military operation and was quite amazing."

'Luckiest man'

"[Tina] is the funniest person I have ever known and the kindest, thoughtful, most generous person I have ever known," said Mr Lane.

"I'm delighted she said yes, I'm just the luckiest man in the world."

Mr Lane had spent six weeks making the film but in his role as a youth worker he had made advice films for teenagers.

The couple, who met in Birmingham 18 years, ago began dating when Mr Lane moved to Weymouth five years ago.

They are planning to marry next year.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/6435107.stm

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN