Francel

Police certificate from US

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I need some advice.

My parents' interview sched is this April. Category is IR5.

Dad was temporarily here in US for 11 mos (2004-2005). He has a 10-year multiple entry visa.

He was given 6 mos. at first for length of stay. He applied for a 5 month extension and was granted (I-94 with him).

He was on a legal status,,, all those 11 mos.

When the case was with NVC (nov 2006-Feb,2007)-------we did not submit a police clearance (Atlanta----is where he stayed).

In contrast to Manila Embassy's req'ts requiring police certificates in foreign countries stayed for more than 1 year, NVC wanted Police certificates if stayed in another country for at least 6 mos. (So Manila Embassy------PC if 1 year,,,,NVC------if 6 mos.)

But NVC instructed NOT to submity ANY POLICE CERTIFICATE from USA.

Now that was NVC.

How about for Manila Embassy?

I know they require Police certificates if stayed in another country for 1 year.

But one never knows if a consul will be too stringent or unfair.

I've known Manila Embassy to be very strict.

Has anyone here ever required of providing a Police certificate from US?-------if stayed for more than 6 mos or 1 year?.

Forgive me,,,,,,I always anticipate for the worst.

Manila Embassy has traumatized some of my friends in the past. I almost have a phobia with them, because of the horror stories I've heard..

Thank you so much,,,,,,,,I love my parents so much and I don't want them to be broken-hearted. May God help them.

Filed: Timeline

Francel,

The consulate has a lot of reports on him - immigrant visa applicant is checked out numerous times, in numerous ways, by the USCIS and the DoS going through the petition and visa application processes.

Haven't you read any of the numerous posts about how some people are held up while these checks are being made?

Yodrak

I need some advice.

Dad was temporarily here in US for 11 mos (2004-2005). He has a 10-year multiple entry visa.

He was given 6 mos. at first for length of stay. He applied for a 5 month extension and was granted (I-94 with him).

When the case was with NVC (nov 2006-Feb,2007)-------we did not submit a police clearance (Atlanta----is where he stayed).

In contrast to Manila Embassy's req'ts requiring police certificates in foreign countries stayed for more than 1 year, NVC wanted Police certificates if stayed in another country for at least 6 mos. (So Manila Embassy------PC if 1 year,,,,NVC------if 6 mos.)

Now that was NVC.

I know they require Police certificates if stayed in another country for 1 year.

Has anyone here ever required of providing a Police certificate from US?-------if stayed for more than 6 mos or 1 year?.

Manila Embassy has traumatized some of my friends in the past. I almost have a phobia with them, because of the horror stories I've heard..

Thank you so much,,,,,,,,I love my parents so much and I don't want them to be broken-hearted. May God help them.

Then I 'll remain calm.....

Thanks Yodrak.

Francel,

The consulate has a lot of reports on him - immigrant visa applicant is checked out numerous times, in numerous ways, by the USCIS and the DoS going through the petition and visa application processes.

Haven't you read any of the numerous posts about how some people are held up while these checks are being made?

Yodrak

I need some advice.

Now that was NVC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My checklist (Canada) says that US Police Certificates are not required. Which makes sense for the reasons that Yodrak pointed out.

What does the Manila checklist indicate in regards to U.S. Police Certificates? I would think there would be something in there that says it is not requried.

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Thanks,

I'm aware of the numerous background checks------But sorry I'm just starting to read the posts-----I have time to read this week since its SPRING BREAK! yes!

I'm sorry if I seemed ignorant. I just can't keep up with you guys.......

backgound checks are repeated during the green-card application (for K-1 after adjustment of status and removal of "conditions", and during the naturalization process).

But let me tell this:

When I applied for green-card (2001) and for Citizenship-Naturalization (2006)------I had to submit a Police certificate in the county I'm residing. (San Diego County, CA at that time).

This was because they could not get any decent fingerprints from me (Scanned/electronic). --- (maybe because of my tiny fingers----and my profession)

I always had to repeat the fingerprinting process.

During my application for Citizenship-----they knew I would not pass again the fingerprints----------I just submitted the "INK" ---old stlye fingerprints to one of the INS service centers-----then they just told me to submit a Police clearance for background check-----this was all done in in Jacksonville, FL.

my point is--------Police certificates can be useful and handy. And its respected.

(If my dad was here in US of course---right now-----I would have asked him to get a Police clearance).

I'll try my best to keep up with all your posts......its just sometimes......its hard to keep up. Given the time issues.

Love,

Francel.

My checklist (Canada) says that US Police Certificates are not required. Which makes sense for the reasons that Yodrak pointed out.

What does the Manila checklist indicate in regards to U.S. Police Certificates? I would think there would be something in there that says it is not requried.

Thanks Misa,

The Manila COnsulate indicated all other countries where beneficiary has stayed for 1 year and more.

But they're known to ask MORE than what's written on the USCIS/NVC websites.

Francel

Filed: Timeline

Francel,

Interesting. Sounds like a way for those who are paranoid about getting caught in 'FBI Hell' to avoid the possibility- do something to assure that your electronic fingerprints will be unusable!

Seriously, in your unusual situation, I can see where going to the police for a background check would be the Plan B for the USCIS.

Yodrak

But let me tell this:

When I applied for green-card (2001) and for Citizenship-Naturalization (2006)------I had to submit a Police certificate in the county I'm residing. (San Diego County, CA at that time).

This was because they could not get any decent fingerprints from me (Scanned/electronic). --- (maybe because of my tiny fingers----and my profession)

During my application for Citizenship-----they knew I would not pass again the fingerprints----------I just submitted the "INK" ---old stlye fingerprints to one of the INS service centers-----then they just told me to submit a Police clearance for background check-----this was all done in in Jacksonville, FL.

Love,

Francel.

I honestly didn't understand your 1st paragraph............

Francel

Francel,

Interesting. Sounds like a way for those who are paranoid about getting caught in 'FBI Hell' to avoid the possibility- do something to assure that your electronic fingerprints will be unusable!

Seriously, in your unusual situation, I can see where going to the police for a background check would be the Plan B for the USCIS.

Yodrak

But let me tell this:

Love,

Francel.

Francel, You are getting good answers here, but if you go to the Manila Embassy Thread, scroll to the bottom then search within the thread, most of your questions have already been asked and answered. I found the search function works better once in the thread, not sure why. Ken

I need some advice.

Now that was NVC.

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Thanks Ken and Maria. - Francel :star:

Francel, You are getting good answers here, but if you go to the Manila Embassy Thread, scroll to the bottom then search within the thread, most of your questions have already been asked and answered. I found the search function works better once in the thread, not sure why. Ken
I need some advice.

Now that was NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.